Others Roachnighter [v0.4] [Antlyon]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
.....u can replace the roaches with slimes......
...look like jellybeans......
There's someone out there with a jellybean fetish who is fapping furiously to this, I'm sure of it. This reminds me of another game that let you replace the roaches with something else. House Flipper.

Anyway, I'm not really a big fan of cockroaches either, but I noticed a lot of people on this site seem to be on board with a lot of weird shit but.....roaches is where they draw the line? :WaitWhat: Lmao

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Thank you for your feedback!

Yes that thought of that too, this game is just a short experimental prototype I made to learn and develop better mechanics (X-ray womb view and incubation, dynamic sex animations, ...) hence the scope of the game is small. My next project will be bigger, with pregnancy, incubation, combat, and with an actual story plot.
I see. I'm not going to tell you how to make your future game but if you would like some inspiration for what works I'll dm you some games/artists.

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Thank you for your feedback!

Yes that thought of that too, this game is just a short experimental prototype I made to learn and develop better mechanics (X-ray womb view and incubation, dynamic sex animations, ...) hence the scope of the game is small. My next project will be bigger, with pregnancy, incubation, combat, and with an actual story plot.
I spent more time playing this than I should probably admit lol..(* I did use the blob mode enabled though).
1. Different models would be nice, like how about a blond kinda like the reporter.
2. Easy mode was harder than expected. sandbox mode is a nice concept but could use more to it somehow.
3. There should be some kind of ending, like she ends up home or in a hospital only to birth and infect those places and her family and friends as a result of escaping.
4. Losing clothing needs to be in there somewhere too.

That would be the finishing touch this needs. lol. Otherwise, fun times haha

edited, cleaned up and added more points

Antlyon

Dec 30, 2020
I guess because you could spend the time, art and resources creating something that 99% of the human population doesn't Hate.. seems like a waste to me, and a shame..
That's because I'm catering to a smaller niche group that loves insex. I wouldn't say it's a waste of effort because those who I made this game for should hopefully enjoy it. I also learned a lot when making this game which I can apply to new games!

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
I guess because you could spend the time, art and resources creating something that 99% of the human population doesn't Hate.. seems like a waste to me, and a shame..
If everything stayed vanilla we'd have no chocolate, it'd be rather boring. Don't like chocolate? Fine have the vanilla milkshake; others can have the chocolate, everybodies happy...except the diabetics.

Feb 11, 2021
Great concept. Various issues with the implementation.
First (few) playthrough comments:
  • Keyboard controls and click-only UI element controls go together like chalk and cheese. Why can you give birth with the mouse but not with a keypress?
  • It is not explained at all how to use the UI or what you can do. I only discovered that most things have hotkeys by clicking on the d-pad icon, how could I have discovered this?
    • The map is especially cursed, with the ability to zoom in on it and be softlocked until you find the macro to go back to the broader map
  • Jumping being autofire is both sometimes a huge inconvenience (when trying to seduce etc.) and takes away a lot of feedback from the game. Is there ever even a time I would want to jump manually? I'm unsure what causes small roaches to sometimes crawl inside without triggering the autojump instead.
  • The forward on jumping sprite which doesn't relate to your movement at all but also doesn't prevent movement feels particularly out of place.
  • This is just a result of it being a tech demo I guess, but titan roaches have a really hard time actually getting on you.
    • A similar complaint, the seduce (and other, but mainly seduce) dialogue varies a lot in tone but it's not based on anything
A personal request since you're also the uploader, please include the version number in the zip's title in the future so it's easy to see if it's the same or a different version for subsequent downloads.
Well, it's an interesting little tech demo for some fun content. I'm looking forward to what you're aiming for in the future, my personal hopes for more sustainable/willing incubation rather than aiming-to-avoid-the-sex gameplay.

It's pretty funny to see how much hate this is getting when it's a thousand times more palatable than all the shovelware het that gets uploaded here.

Antlyon

Dec 30, 2020
Great concept. Various issues with the implementation.
First (few) playthrough comments:
  • Keyboard controls and click-only UI element controls go together like chalk and cheese. Why can you give birth with the mouse but not with a keypress?
  • It is not explained at all how to use the UI or what you can do. I only discovered that most things have hotkeys by clicking on the d-pad icon, how could I have discovered this?
    • The map is especially cursed, with the ability to zoom in on it and be softlocked until you find the macro to go back to the broader map
  • Jumping being autofire is both sometimes a huge inconvenience (when trying to seduce etc.) and takes away a lot of feedback from the game. Is there ever even a time I would want to jump manually? I'm unsure what causes small roaches to sometimes crawl inside without triggering the autojump instead.
  • The forward on jumping sprite which doesn't relate to your movement at all but also doesn't prevent movement feels particularly out of place.
  • This is just a result of it being a tech demo I guess, but titan roaches have a really hard time actually getting on you.
    • A similar complaint, the seduce (and other, but mainly seduce) dialogue varies a lot in tone but it's not based on anything
A personal request since you're also the uploader, please include the version number in the zip's title in the future so it's easy to see if it's the same or a different version for subsequent downloads.
Well, it's an interesting little tech demo for some fun content. I'm looking forward to what you're aiming for in the future, my personal hopes for more sustainable/willing incubation rather than aiming-to-avoid-the-sex gameplay.

It's pretty funny to see how much hate this is getting when it's a thousand times more palatable than all the shovelware het that gets uploaded here.
Sorry I'll fix the map bug next patch, for the d-pad icon, I was thinking to enable it by default so new players will see all the hotkeys when they start the game, I just forgot to enable it by default .-.

Jumping being autofire is a penalty (check the guide), you will jump by surprise when touching a roach, and a surprise jump not only cost more stamina but also make you scream which alerts nearby roaches. If you don't have enough stamina to jump (the stamina bar is red) then the roach crawl inside.

Idk how to balance the titan roaches for now, since making them more agile will greatly increase the clearing difficulty in general, so them not being able to get to you especially in corners is intended.

I'll definitely include version number next time!

Reactions: Forge Wright

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Can/how do you enter the office + cafeteria?

Where is the exit key? I been to each room and don't see a key. I would like a clue, like a paper you can find that says 'the key is in A or B' or something. Also it's really hard to do a item search while being hounded by roaches XD

edit: i figured it out. New note: the doors to the caf and the office could be made more obvious.

great start!

Last edited:
Reactions: Antlyon

Antlyon

Dec 30, 2020
Can/how do you enter the office + cafeteria?
This is the office door (cafeteria door is also similar) 1642846336945.png
The key can be in any room but the starting room, gym, pool, or WC

Also it's really hard to do a item search while being hounded by roaches XD
You can throw a breakable every time you enter a room so no roaches can see you, you can also use the Roomba to mop up the small roaches, be creative :)

Feb 11, 2021
Ah right, I forgot to complain about the office. It's very ambiguous that that's not just part of the wall until you get close enough to get a prompt. Especially harsh since you have to go there if you're playing on an easy difficulty.

Kaiadas

Aug 17, 2017
That's because I'm catering to a smaller niche group that loves insex. I wouldn't say it's a waste of effort because those who I made this game for should hopefully enjoy it. I also learned a lot when making this game which I can apply to new games!
I remember many many years ago the Bondage Fairies series, where there was loads of insect sex and even though there were horror/rape scenarios, it was done "tastefully".. still not my cup of tea, but i could understand the niche "attraction".. cockroaches and larvae/impregnation are the extreme other end of it, and i can't see how anyone would get aroused by that.. to each his own i guess..

BF.JPG

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 6 Votes