Unity Robin Morningwood Adventure: The Whellcum's Secret [v2.0.4] [Grizzly Gamer Studio]

4.00 star(s) 14 Votes

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
I enjoyed it until it became agrindf
Having a wiki or pdf related to the library info filled out would be worth posting for sure.

As for actually playing... just find resources you want and spam fight throughout and run when necessary. The wording makes it sound like you're 'losing resources' but you don't actually lose anything, you just get nothing from that task if you run/lose.

Spam a couple day cycles of fights, buy a matching plug/cockring and the game is then trivial and just involves grinding affection.

Honestly I'm pretty underwhelmed. There's lots of content but no actual core gameplay to speak of. Everything is a mini game of varying levels of polish (the fishing one for example is HORRIBLY designed... the collision and random obstacle generation makes it infuriating to play). I'm happy to see that all the scenes can be quickly replayed and the content itself is good but I for some reason just expected 'more'.

I'd love to see the same concept of 'figure out your opponents weaknesses' applied to something where it... meant anything? The combat isn't 'fun' nor is it hot because there's no flavor text and no real skill besides trying to figure out preferences. If that was applied to a bunch of predefined 'mini scenes' that would make combat a lot more enjoyable. It's also frustrating that even if you're super overpowered you can only advance combat stages once per turn so if you're right on the cusp of advancing combat stage, no matter what you choose (found the right choice after a try or two), you get basically no progress from it. This makes the early combat really frustrating and potion grindy.

The TLDR of it all is that it's a very well made game, lots of content but very little 'fun'. The combat, the mini games, none of that is hot nor is it fun. It could be forgiven if it was wank material but it's not. The story (affinity scenes and quest storylines) on the otherhand is pure wank with no substance so what you're left with is a slog to get some decent hot scenes. Hopefully they can course correct and improve in future releases but it feels like it's a core design issue overall.
I agree with this, the story was strong in the demo at the start so I thought I'd buy it, just to be disappointed that by 10mins in you're basically left to grind and do quests that really have no relevance to the story at all.

I was expecting something major to happen after beating a Demon Knight or whatever they are called, which is why I was so keen on doing so, but the game said it needs an update to continue and there's no real story line to be heard of. (Going to just assume it's a corrupt king story AGAIN)

YaLikeJazz?

Nov 21, 2018
I bought the game a few days ago on a whim, and while I don't exactly regret it, there's a few issues imo. First, the game is a massive grind-fest. There's a few ways to go about the grind, by either doing the minigames or dueling for resources, but neither of them is super appealing. Maybe if the duels were a little more personalized? Maybe more text descriptions or something? Not sure. Second, the story is.. well, short. You fix a few buildings, save a few villagers, compete in a short tournament and it's more or less over. Devs said the game held about 70% of the main story atm... Yikes.

Though, it is clear the amount of work that went into this game (for a team of two people) is massive. All the little character stories and tavern tales. I've especially enjoyed the Strip Lucky games (though I swear RN(G)Jesus is out to get me with those chancers!)

All in all, fairly enjoyable for the most part. My only hope is that they don't just stop once the main story is over. Maybe a few more side-quests and "friendship" scenes for each of the characters instead of just 3. Might help to break up the heavy grind just a little bit.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ChickenBoy1969

Aug 30, 2019
I bought the game on Itch.io after having played the 2.x and 3.x version demos; Yes - its still early release and there is more content planned for it - Chewy and Stewie have been up front and honest about that.- the game will be finished, if you paid the $32 for the game, you get all of the full game content free. If you're on Patreon, you get the current versions of the game released within your subscription.

Yes - it can be a bit grindy; there are plenty of "skill tester" mini games throughout which will help to break up your play from just duelling dicks; these can be fun and challenging.

There are plenty of "affinity" and other small stories through the game too - this helps to flesh out the characters in the game and develop the plot.

10 minutes of googling will help you to work out where and how the game saves are stored (its a Unity 2020 game) if you want to keep multiple play-throughs.

Play the demo and decide for yourselves - if you feel like throwing $12 at Patreon for the work in progress you keep your play progress.

sikaka

Dec 31, 2019
So finally got around to finishing the last couple affinity scenes and buying all the underwear.

Opinion stays the same in terms of overall design concerns/complaints but yah, basically if you like the demo (in its gameplay, grind vs reward and reward style) then you'll like the game.

Don't expect deep characters, great story, etc. Just expect lots of mini game grinding, shallow gameplay and moderately hot scenes. To put it plainly I'm neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed.... I'm just whelmed :p

I don't regret buying it cause it's a TON of work they put into it and I'm happy to have supported them but I don't expect I'll be refreshing waiting on updates. I'll just come back in 3-6 months and hope there's a meaningful amount added and leave it at that. I think that's one of the problems with games that are publicly developed with ongoing demos and content teases. You get the final product and even if it matches what was promised you somehow find you expected 'more'. It just reinforces why so many devs are taking the slow patreon trickle approach so people are constantly hyped for updates and keep paying in for half developed projects. If nothing else the game is polished and does everything it means to do well so huge props to the devs.

PS: Thank god for the re-play affinity scene given the grind and auto save but... doesn't it defeat the whole point of collecting undies (you know.. the whole advertised premise of the game) when you just give us a review scene feature that's completely separate from it?...

5thmizukage

Jan 11, 2020
W8ng 4 the nxt update.the game is so good.got sleep last night and im not finish grinding yet:(..but maybe nxt time on steam.

OldBear

May 23, 2020
i guess the next update, there would be a change of the challenge/mini games..

and still, i think those dark night cursor .. is too fast and the bullseye is too small, i ended up not hitting it and losing

Last edited:

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
The only 2 minigames I can actually do on hard are the axe toss and woodchopping, the memory games are impossible.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
I can also do the masonry puzzle thing, the mining/gem smash game, and the post delivery memory game on hard. I can't do the smithing thing on hard, and I can't do the fishing game at all, even on normal. I honestly haven't tried farming on hard yet, because I don't need more vegetables, and Horace's affinity hasn't been added yet.

I can also do the ballista game on hard, but why would I when it rewards the same one diamond as the normal version, but 30 gold instead of 15. As if I needed gold at that point of the game.

Menchi Menchi

Aug 26, 2020
Memory game is easy haha. all you need is phone camera, just take a pic everytime it added new images and you can cheat it.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
I have all affinity maxed but grinding for gear now. I really wish there was a battle speed up and climax scene skip...

Begimo

Nov 22, 2018
Thank you God for this great contribution, I hope your life is full of sex for all eternity.

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
Can someone also upload a full version download link for the 32bit installer of the game so that I can play it cause I can't run the 64bit version of the game on my laptop

ARH25

Aug 25, 2018
Oh thank fuck someone brought this up, I was gonna ask on itch or Twitter or something, I don't see anyone else complaining about this but the saving feature is definitely pretty bullshit. I want to save scum and reload my save when I lose a battle (that's just how I play these types of games and I'm free to do so) but the game just autosaves every time the phase of the day changes. I wanna be able to save when I want and reload the same save back to the state the game was at when I did save. Not to mention there's only 3 save slots to begin with which is also pretty terrible for VN-type games. Kindly fix this.

I found a way to keep the previous save data but you must do it manually.
Just copy all of the files inside this folder to somewhere else to backup your save data :

C:\Users\*(Your Computer Username)\AppData\LocalLow\GrizzlyGamerStudio\Robin Morningwood Adventure

4.00 star(s) 14 Votes