Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Hmm maybe the modders once a month (1st or last day) should let us know what's happening yay or nay? Deadlypremonition Pervy Rogue
I would normally agree with this, as that's my biggest peeve with Patreon that being creators who don't communicate with thier Patrons over a stretch of time, but here I have a bit of a harder time agreeing just because if they aren't working on anything for, say, 3-4 months because there's no new stable version, then the update will literally just be "Still not working on anything." I mean, I'd appreciate it, but at the same time I imagine there will be people far too impatient to wait for any kind of substantial update when every release is usually brimming with hidden bugs. IDK, that's just my two-cents tho.

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong
but do the the Mod team Basically are waiting for the 0.985 version before exporting more assets

Reactions: waldo1

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
I would normally agree with this, as that's my biggest peeve with Patreon that being creators who don't communicate with thier Patrons over a stretch of time, but here I have a bit of a harder time agreeing just because if they aren't working on anything for, say, 3-4 months because there's no new stable version, then the update will literally just be "Still not working on anything." I mean, I'd appreciate it, but at the same time I imagine there will be people far too impatient to wait for any kind of substantial update when every release is usually brimming with hidden bugs. IDK, that's just my two-cents tho.
They aren't getting paid...

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong
but do the the Mod team Basically are waiting for the 0.985 version before exporting more assets
Whether it's for this specific version or not, they're waiting for a version that's stable. And Oni really loves releasing his bug-hunt versions that can be teeming with problems. So it's really just as long as the version isn't a pile or problems, then the mod team can actually attempt to work with it. Then again, I think one of the mod devs had also said that the code for the game was problematic, or maybe that's due to how buggy the game can be. IDK. I'm not a dev. I just wanna help after all.

Reactions: EquineHung

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
They aren't getting paid...
And I realize that, but what I mean is that if they were to communicate when they're actually doing when they are working on the mod, it would be very sporadic because their work is based on if Oni releases a version they can work with or not. I never tried to imply that the modders are getting paid. It was just an opinion regarding communication after all.
Edit: Though I'll apologize anyways if it came out that way.

Last edited:

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Bottom-line: The mod does not get code work done between the time we finish a release to a new stable release from Oni.

What does happen is that between versions we accept requests and any art work that people want to submit. But realistically, these things tend to spike while we are in development, meaning that all action on the mod will always be condensed into the 2 or so weeks after each major stable release from Oni.

Plus, the hardest thing for us is to get the art work needed, and artists don't really stick around to produce more than a couple things, its hard to get things added.

On the side though, we are working on a decently sized DLC to be added to the game, with full knowledge from the developer. Some of that is being previewed over on the discord, and will only be previewed on the discord until we release an initial version and get that project a thread on here of its own. We simply don't want to have crossover on that here and people asking why that content is not in the mod.

Anyone really really wants to help: submit artwork. Clothes, items, backgrounds, etc.

Axelrouch

Feb 2, 2018
I have the feeling that some people think that everything is so simple to do. And that they all owe, something) We must at least say thanks to all the guys who work on the mod and delight us with it. Because, this is one of the few MDAs that is actually growing and developing to this day. It is very cool that more and more people are joining the development and putting their coin in this business!

P.S. If Oni made a game and released an update once a month, then for a long time there would have been a stable version with many goodies)

Vombalk

Jul 9, 2017
Wait things aren't simple? Damn it and here I thought I could use quantum physics to write an epic novel by pressing a single key among millions of dimensions and then collating it all together.

Dragon139

Apr 17, 2018
Wait things aren't simple? Damn it and here I thought I could use quantum physics to write an epic novel by pressing a single key among millions of dimensions and then collating it all together.
Only with the Pro version of Windows

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
Does someone have the previous version of the game that works with the mod?
Would it be weird (or against the rules) to have that link on the OP as well as the mod?

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
Does someone have the previous version of the game that works with the mod?
Would it be weird (or against the rules) to have that link on the OP as well as the mod?
The mod is essentially it's own game, and you can just download it and unzip it. Unless you're talking about if there's a previous version of the normal build?

Reactions: Tanaxanth

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
The mod is essentially it's own game, and you can just download it and unzip it. Unless you're talking about if there's a previous version of the normal build?
So I don't need the previous version of the game to play the mod?
And yes a previous version of the normal build to install the mod on is what I was referring to

Azie

May 27, 2018
so, i'm wondering...is there a way to reset the girls' tans? Because I tanned Rogue and I don't see an option to change it back.

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
And yes a previous version of the normal build to install the mod on is what I was referring to
I hope this makes sense, since it kinda sounds weird in my head:
You don't need the previous version of the base game in order to play this mod. The mod is built off of an older version, so it's still playable, although it may still have issues since it's from, like, 20-some patches ago (obvious exaggeration, but you kinda get what I mean).

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
The current mod needs version 0.983f to play. All Oni assets were removed from the mod at the request of the developer to keep the two on-going projects separate. The team will maintain that request until we hear otherwise or the original project is abandoned.

This means all future versions as well will need the base game. I highly suggest running two versions of Rogue-Like, one base, and one modded. This will be better supported in this version as the save files are being separated.

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
The current mod needs version 0.983f to play. All Oni assets were removed from the mod at the request of the developer to keep the two on-going projects separate. The team will maintain that request until we hear otherwise or the original project is abandoned.

This means all future versions as well will need the base game. I highly suggest running two versions of Rogue-Like, one base, and one modded. This will be better supported in this version as the save files are being separated.
Here's the proper answer you're looking for.

Reactions: Tanaxanth
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes