Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Cendash

May 30, 2021
The mod is unofficial amd these devs don't have any connection to Oni. Iirc, they got tired of Oni's code and decided to make the mod standalone instead of the triple duty of fixing oni's code, adding their changes, and bug-fixing.

Is it not working when you slide the bar to the right? cause thats how I've always done it.
Dragging the stats does work, but any adjustments reset themselves every time segment or day (I can't remember which).
So it doesn't really give the dynamic of managing the girls in rotation.

I also couldn't get the scenes where the girls show up looking "hungry" to trigger. That takes a while to trigger once they hit a certain addiction level (I think). Even cranking both addiction and addiction rate to the top only works occasionally. Mostly all their levels would be back to zero by the time I finish a time block.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Time to round up some questions that have been poppin up again, even if it's just the same old stuff and the answers might just not be what you are hoping to hear.

The mod is unofficial amd these devs don't have any connection to Oni. Iirc, they got tired of Oni's code and decided to make the mod standalone instead of the triple duty of fixing oni's code, adding their changes, and bug-fixing.

Is it not working when you slide the bar to the right? cause thats how I've always done it.
No and yes.
No in that the Expanded Crew did actually reach out to Oni back when the great vanillagame code rework landed and so they went and helped by doing a bit of code-reviewing and minor things along those lines if I remember that all correctly - but that is it in terms of connection to Oni.

Yes in that the Expanded Crew did grow tired of the massive amount of code changes that come with every single update, which is why they are still in the process of rewriting the entire code for their mod to be using more object-oriented principles. It's why the mod hasn't received any updates for a long while. But hey: if it all works out, at least the mod isn't required to be rewritten every fortnight.

If we're lucky, shortly before the inevitable heat death of the universe
Classic joke, but hey - sometimes this does feel about right in terms of predictions. This shit takes time, especially since the Expanded Crew does that as a side project all the while these guys still have RL obligations. It is a collossal undertaking to do what they have planned and even if it seems superfluous to pull for something like a mod, it's the decision they went with.

how many outfits are in the 984h version?
A good chunk more than the base games' from what I remember, though it has been a while. If I were to guess, probably around double the amount of clothes for each character that existed back on the vanilla .984 version of the game.

Can't someone just the mod under the "on hold" category ? Or whatever the name is. It effectively is and it might prevent some people from asking the same question over and over.
Did relay that to the Expanded Crew.
But, let me tell you right now that it will most likely do absolutely nothing, as people are idiots. They will just click the link in the vanilla games OP, scroll to the bottom to get to the reply window and ask "does this work with version xyz?". I had people ask questions in this thread when the answer they were looking for was not even 3 posts above theirs.

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
Classic joke, but hey - sometimes this does feel about right in terms of predictions. This shit takes time, especially since the Expanded Crew does that as a side project all the while these guys still have RL obligations. It is a collossal undertaking to do what they have planned and even if it seems superfluous to pull for something like a mod, it's the decision they went with.
can they at least update the progress or is it the usual its done when its done?

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
At this point I just think that the group that working on this fan mod should send message to Mod and turn this thread it into a true separate game, only use some assets from Oni to develop and expand the story, create more new characters and new event that move differently from the official game version
I'm truly enjoy this version of the game than the original version one, more clothes, more action and more stable

Last edited:

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
At this point I just think that the group that working on this fan mod should send message to Mod and turn this thread it into a true separate game, only use some assets from Oni to develop and expand the story, create more new characters and new event that move differently from the official game version
I'm truly enjoy this version of the game than the original version one, more clothes, more action and more stable
yeah that would be great if they can actually get things done tho

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
yeah that would be great if they can actually get things done tho
Yeah I appreciate people that voluntarily make games or enhance them, but this LOOKS dead in the water at least.
The discord does not mention really anything and is mostly casual chat.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
One of our guys is making a basic mod for the new version like the ones we've had before. We're still working on the rewrite but this is huge because the rewrite won't be ready anytime soon. Expect an update soon. As always join our Discord for the latest updates. (The update will be shared here as well)
I'm so excited when you said that the game will be rewrite, meant that it will be even better than what on this thread now. I'll wait and see how it would be like

Kaj_Mari98

Oct 22, 2017
awhile back I got the Mystique scenes but now I got the scene where you meet her and she gives you her address but she's not a travel option. am I missing another event or is it bugged for me?

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes