Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Breon Flowers

Jun 20, 2018
Just a small update

Hey people, I hope everyone is well! I realise it's been a bit quiet around here and that there haven't been many updates lately, and thought I'd keep you updated on what's going on.
The reason why there hasn't been that many updates is because we're waiting for the game to reach it's final version. There's a lot of things we'd like to do, but it's just too much of a hassle to do while the game's code keep changing.
Once the game reaches a state where we feel we can begin to do the things we want, there will be some big updates coming out.

Until that happens we will ofcouse continue working on the mod, but much of what we do will be under the hood. Meaning it will mostly be preparation for future updates. We have a pretty big team now though, with talented people working on coding, art and story/dialogue, and we have enough people now that we can keep updating the current version too. Nothing big though, as changing the code too much right now, would be a waste of time. Most of it will be art and bugfixing, but you will probably see some features and scenes being tested too.

You can always keep up with what we're doing on .
do i have to start a new game to get the updated mods to apply i'm a little confused

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Could you perhaps check with everyone else and then if they agree tell him that?
Oni is welcome to contact us.

Early on in the game, I visited the showers, and then headed from there to class. Emma apparently hadn't remembered to get dressed.

Not a huge bug, but I figured I'd let you guys know.

Thanks for the great mod.
That sounds weird. Thanks.

Should i have to starting a new game again?
I use some mod to increase rogue,emma,kitty and laura bar.. but has no effect on raven/mystique
Starting a new game is always recommended to avoid bugs. We're aware that Mystique's love stat is a bit bugged right now. We'll look into it.

Oh, the changelog has been update. What about the link to download the new mod update. I want for ANDROID. ITS ONLY 22/03/19 WHAT IS THE CURRENT VERSION NOW?
Calm down, buddy, one post is enough. The download link were updated last night. They all contain the latest build, including android.

do i have to start a new game to get the updated mods to apply i'm a little confused
No it'll be applied automatically, but it's always recommended to start a new game.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Hello my friend! I have been following this game with you for about 3 years already. During this time, a lot has changed, but the game is being updated at a rate of 1 update in 3 months. This is not cool agree.
I want to say one thing, perhaps it will sound like an egoist, but still.
You say that you have a team of people, you have done a very great job. We are VERY grateful to you for this, you have no idea how much (I speak from the words of everyone who is waiting for the mod).

But have you thought about starting to make your game? After all, you have everything. Each person in his place. There is a coder, artists, a screenwriter, you may be performing like a manager. Why do you have to wait for someone, if you now have a red-hot metal (I hope that you understand the metaphor), from which you can create something of your own, similar, but at the same time better and with a new story. Why wait until the metal becomes cold?

Perhaps this will push our esteemed friend Oni to work harder, and find assistants and start releasing updates in a month, as normal guys do.

Thank you for reading to the end)
I was just going through the comments and realised I forgot to reply to this one. Sorry about that, I'll try to do it now.

I get what you're saying, and I have in fact been playing around with the idea for a while. I'd love to do that. But creating a game from scratch would require a lot more time and energy.
We all have work/school/families and are doing this as a hobby, so time would be limited. It would also mean that we would most likely have to abandon this mod, or atleast slow down development big time, which would really suck.
I also think, that even though we have a big team of talented people now, we'd have to work together some more before trying anything like that. You know, to get more coordinated and stuff like that. The mod is a great way to do that.

Bl0g_ch3ck3r

Jul 11, 2018
Awesome work, and the newly added stuff is real good. Just wondering about one thing - i cannot find Laura after the 1st encounter with her. Started a new game but it seem that I cannot find her :l Any ideas (also there I don't see a button about calling her or something)

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Not to be rude but those faces look pretty grubby, i'm guessing its where the shadow hasn't been fully removed from the original.

highlander00

May 15, 2017
Not to be rude but those faces look pretty grubby, i'm guessing its where the shadow hasn't been fully removed from the original.
Well, I've only change the color levels, so if there's something you don't like about the design you have to ask the original creator... And as this game uses the images as layers, the final images looks fine for me...

Also @Grigori_127, I've just tested the game and unfortunately still got this "bugs":
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png
Perhaps there's something wrong if the .pngs that I've edited???

Jurandirr

Dec 4, 2018
i think i messed up with mod installation somehow but don't know where

some times the girls are invisible until they change clothes, sometimes the girls go all nudy when thy were supposed to be dressed and threesome option break the game

I was using the version 0.982c, vanilla game, then i extracted the mod to the normal game folder and replace files when asked, should i just copy/paste only what is inside the "game" folder(the one who have cache, renpy, saves) that is inside game folder?(who have the exe, log, rogue-like.py files)

highlander00

May 15, 2017
i think i messed up with mod installation somehow but don't know where

some times the girls are invisible until they change clothes, sometimes the girls go all nudy when thy were supposed to be dressed and threesome option break the game

I was using the version 0.982c, vanilla game, then i extracted the mod to the normal game folder and replace files when asked, should i just copy/paste only what is inside the "game" folder(the one who have cache, renpy, saves) that is inside game folder?(who have the exe, log, rogue-like.py files)
This mod, as the OP states is only for the 0.978e version... If you downloaded the link in the OP, you have to extract it to a new folder or to a folder with said version to prevent errors...
Always read the OP and you can avoid committing such errors...

Jurandirr

Dec 4, 2018
This mod, as the OP states is only for the 0.978e version... If you downloaded the link in the OP, you have to extract it to a new folder or to a folder with said version to prevent errors...
Always read the OP and you can avoid committing such errors...
i did read, but i am dyslexic, some times small things just fly over my head. when he said "vanilla version", i though it was the normal game, regardless of the update

in fact i even download the version with the mod already here, but messed up things lol, thanks for explaining :)

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Well, I've only change the color levels, so if there's something you don't like about the design you have to ask the original creator... And as this game uses the images as layers, the final images looks fine for me...

Also @Grigori_127, I've just tested the game and unfortunately still got this "bugs":
View attachment 268221 View attachment 268222 View attachment 268223
Small error on the code, this will fix it. Just added to the github

Reactions: arglblargl

Karasu-sama

Feb 12, 2018
I'm sorry if I missed an explanation somewhere, but when you're in a character's individual cheat menu, what exactly does the taboo toggle do?

Karasu-sama

Feb 12, 2018
Found another issue: Took Laura on a date (on day eight, though I don't know if that's relevant), it went well, we made out a bit but when I click on "Ok, see you later then. Good night." OR "Are you sure you can't stay?" it throws me into a loop. When I click OK Goodnight, she goes "Ok. Good night, then." And the next click leads into "I need some sleep..."--> "So, later." And I'm back to the above two dialogue choices. I'm stuck!

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
I'm sorry if I missed an explanation somewhere, but when you're in a character's individual cheat menu, what exactly does the taboo toggle do?
Something related to the place, if it's private or not

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Found another issue: Took Laura on a date (on day eight, though I don't know if that's relevant), it went well, we made out a bit but when I click on "Ok, see you later then. Good night." OR "Are you sure you can't stay?" it throws me into a loop. When I click OK Goodnight, she goes "Ok. Good night, then." And the next click leads into "I need some sleep..."--> "So, later." And I'm back to the above two dialogue choices. I'm stuck!
Thx, fixes added to github already

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018

View attachment 268221 View attachment 268222 View attachment 268223

The mitts she wears in the second picture looks so awkward lmao

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Thx, fixes added to github already
How to install it correctly? It is not clear which branch to choose. Of all the most similar in composition to the game folder "feature / decouple". But after installing it, the game stopped working altogether. Perhaps I will refrain from using github

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes