Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
So it's been awhile since I have been here and I just updated the game. So just out of curiosity at what point does Laura show up? Like how far should I progress?
Not long after you've met everyone else really just keep hitting that Danger Room, just like in vanilla.

Reactions: Yeller

mrzb

Apr 14, 2019
Hey guys, any news? Been kinda quiet here recently...
i wanna say the creator of the game ONI is busy and wanting programmers to help . from the post i saw , ONI said new stuff , was like 1-2 months out as of april 11, he might have made a new post with more up to date info, but if he is slow the dudes making this mod have to wait till he releases a new version.

Reactions: waldo1

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
i wanna say the creator of the game ONI is busy and wanting programmers to help . from the post i saw , ONI said new stuff , was like 1-2 months out as of april 11, he might have made a new post with more up to date info, but if he is slow the dudes making this mod have to wait till he releases a new version.
I thought they were working independent in their own direction?

mrzb

Apr 14, 2019
I thought they were working independent in their own direction?
i miss read it , he was encountering coding issues and was wanting help with the issue , my bad. sorry
or do you mean the mod group.? i thought they had to wait for releases and then put the new stuff in the current expanded version?

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
My understanding is the mod is independent due to Oni revising the code with every release. Oni is painfully slow and its great to hear he's seeking help. The mod group comes up with these mods and then releases them off of a base model. I'm not sure which, but I don't think its the current one.

mrzb

Apr 14, 2019
My understanding is the mod is independent due to Oni revising the code with every release. Oni is painfully slow and its great to hear he's seeking help. The mod group comes up with these mods and then releases them off of a base model. I'm not sure which, but I don't think its the current one.
i get they are independent from each other .
by current i meant the expanded. as in the mods current state. not the Vanilla's current state. and yea it is based on a older version. but dont they have to wait for oni to release stuff ?, unless the mod team are doing the models and animations and art and characters on their own. then my understanding is wrong, and my bad. i thought they just kept a base version and take the new updates from oni and then work it into their modded base version.
im new to this scene. so please be gentle.

spinoff

May 12, 2018
Guys the android version is 1.13 gb it was compressed before can anyone give me the 80mb compressed file plz

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
i get they are independent from each other .
by current i meant the expanded. as in the mods current state. not the Vanilla's current state. and yea it is based on a older version. but dont they have to wait for oni to release stuff ?, unless the mod team are doing the models and animations and art and characters on their own. then my understanding is wrong, and my bad. i thought they just kept a base version and take the new updates from oni and then work it into their modded base version.
im new to this scene. so please be gentle.
I'm far more gentle than say, the people on Holiday Island thread. That being said this gets asked allot and I think I explained it pretty well. There are things included in the mod that Oni had nothing to do with, see mystique. The mod itself takes different stuff and combines them, which is what you have on the first page. They work off of a base version of the game. Oni's coding is usually different from the ground up, which means they would need to build around each new iteration. Instead they go off whatever base they are on. The mod is different enough at this point they both are worth playing. You need to download it from the initial page and that is it.

Reactions: mrzb

mrzb

Apr 14, 2019
I'm far more gentle than say, the people on Holiday Island thread. That being said this gets asked allot and I think I explained it pretty well. There are things included in the mod that Oni had nothing to do with, see mystique. The mod itself takes different stuff and combines them, which is what you have on the first page. They work off of a base version of the game. Oni's coding is usually different from the ground up, which means they would need to build around each new iteration. Instead they go off whatever base they are on. The mod is different enough at this point they both are worth playing. You need to download it from the initial page and that is it.
thanks for taking the time to converse with me about this and clear things up. and for not being a dick about it, appreciate it.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Updated: 5/11/2019

For those who are interested in latest build from April 18th fixes. I have done it. Finally figured out how to get it to do it without errors on bootup.

PC Version, Windows Version,
Mac Version (Buggy from report from some other user)

Here is Link:
Win | PC Builds: - NEW LINK FOR LATEST BUILD

There is some problems with Mac build from what I was told. - So there is no MAC Build.
All I did was do build distributions for each of the ones available.
Android Not Available Since I am not really good at that. Have no way of testing it since I don't own one.

PC version is both Linux and Windows. But I also have just simple Windows version as well in the Mega folder.

Edit: 5/2/2019
  1. Updated Link and removed Mac version since it's basically broken in the Build I did.
Edit: 5/4/2019 | 11:55AM EST Time
  1. Updating Link Now and will have new link since the folder I had wouldn't allow me to remove a specific build that doesn't need to be there.
  2. I am making new share folder with some tweaks in build options.
  3. Used the latest preferences.py file uploaded by Grigori_127 to see if it makes difference in game build.
Edit: 5/4/2019 | 12:03 PM EST Time
  1. Uploaded New Share folder
  2. Removed Windows Store build.
  3. Only PC / Win Builds. (PC Build is both Linux and PC | Win is Win build Solo)
  4. Used Latest preferences.py file uploaded by Grigori_127 in latest build.
  5. Holds April 18th Hotfix
  6. Be Aware this is an experimental build. So there is most likely bugs you will run across.
  7. Don't Ask about Android build because I am not a coder who can fix anything with Android. Wouldn't even be able to properly test since I don't own one.
Edit: 5/11/2019 | 12:00 Noon
  1. Rebuilt with 5/8/2019 Github fixes.
  2. Updated files inside Mega Shared Folder.
  3. No Mac Build or Android since I am not too familiar with those yet.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Amusingly I don't think any of my fixes are actually in the Github version, not so bothered about my tweak to bae and boo but I know the initial character dialogue stuff I tweaked to more fit their Evolution personalities is languishing in the thread.

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Amusingly I don't think any of my fixes are actually in the Github version, not so bothered about my tweak to bae and boo but I know the initial character dialogue stuff I tweaked to more fit their Evolution personalities is languishing in the thread.
Maybe you should repost it? How many pages ago did you first post it? Might have gotten buried. Sending the mod team a direct message or making a pull request on github might also help get your stuff get noticed.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Maybe you should repost it? How many pages ago did you first post it? Might have gotten buried. Sending the mod team a direct message or making a pull request on github might also help get your stuff get noticed.
Oh they're known hence my name is linked on the Github and in the first post, they just got kind of lost.

Jan 28, 2018
For those who are interested in latest build from April 18th fixes. I have done it. Finally figured out how to get it to do it without errors on bootup.

PC Version, Windows Version, Mac Version (Buggy from report from some other user)
- Updated Build to include Sounds folder.
There is some problems with Mac build from what I was told. All I did was do build distributions for each of the ones available.

PC version is both Linux and Windows. But I also have just simple Windows version as well in the Mega folder.
Thanks for the new version!
I have a bug with Laura. I met her and Kitty on day 7 at the university square and got Laura to dance. When i ask her to undress, she says no. Then Kitty leaves the screen and Laura says "This is getting weird" and also leaves the screen, but i still have to option to keep her dancing. When i say "Keep dancing" first Kitty (who should be gone) says "im not comfortable here" then she leaves again and then Laura says "This is getting weird" and leaves again too. It seems like i can repeat this cycle over and over. I can break out of the cycle when i tell Laura to stop.
There is no traceback, so i cant post it.

Edit: That happens also when Emma and Laura are in the same room, so i guess it has something to do with how Laura is implemented.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Speaking of Laura how did Oni end up making the current nightmare fuel version of her, if memory serves X-Men Evolution is her birthplace and her first few comic appearances are literally just her Evolution self in comic form.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Thanks for the new version!
I have a bug with Laura. I met her and Kitty on day 7 at the university square and got Laura to dance. When i ask her to undress, she says no. Then Kitty leaves the screen and Laura says "This is getting weird" and also leaves the screen, but i still have to option to keep her dancing. When i say "Keep dancing" first Kitty (who should be gone) says "im not comfortable here" then she leaves again and then Laura says "This is getting weird" and leaves again too. It seems like i can repeat this cycle over and over. I can break out of the cycle when i tell Laura to stop.
There is no traceback, so i cant post it.

Edit: That happens also when Emma and Laura are in the same room, so i guess it has something to do with how Laura is implemented.
My guess is that Laura isn't 100% good so far. Maybe even in the official version. There is no sex scenes for her or a few specific other scenes as well. She is fairly new and this mod did add her even though its from newer build of official version of game. Though this mod build is based off older one except they pull newer build content into this one from my understanding. Even in the official unmodded release she has yet to have sex scenes and such.

Edit:
Should emphasize the Github build isn't the full released version of the mod one. It's only partially done. I think they are working on the first six tasks still and yet to finish some of the stuff. So the one I linked will have some interesting bugs probably.

I am not part of the modding team either. Just seen on the OP thread for github and all I did was follow the page's instructions to get it to work and made build distribution of it.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes