Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
With a broken main menu.
Which version? I know its broken in Mac (Which I have removed Realizing it shouldn't be in the folder that I have uploaded). But not the Windows / PC version I have posted. It works fine.

Edit:
Define broken. Because in the Win and PC builds it works where I can get into the game. Do you mean like animation wise or what?

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Speaking of Laura how did Oni end up making the current nightmare fuel version of her, if memory serves X-Men Evolution is her birthplace and her first few comic appearances are literally just her Evolution self in comic form.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably drew some inspiration from this version.

And now I sorta find myself wanting to build a small harem of X-23 clones...

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Which version? I know its broken in Mac (Which I have removed Realizing it shouldn't be in the folder that I have uploaded). But not the Windows / PC version I have posted. It works fine.

Edit:
Define broken. Because in the Win and PC builds it works where I can get into the game. Do you mean like animation wise or what?
Broken as in there is no main menu, I downloaded both PC versions and they errors out, logs are too long for here and trying a bughunt of my own (having issues with Mod_Backgrounds at the moment).

Probably drew some inspiration from this version.

And now I sorta find myself wanting to build a small harem of X-23 clones...
Not seeing it.

zero78

May 3, 2019
Need help pls:

How to play the Github version:

1. Download Ren'Py 6.99.13 and extract it somewhere.
  2. Create a folder called "Projects" or something else you'll remember. Create another folder inside the projects folder and call it something like "Rogue-Like-Github".
  3. Start up Ren'Py and click on "preferences".
  4. Redirect the path of the "Projects Directory" to the newly created projects folder.
  5. Download the master branch from the Github repository.
  6. Unzip the master branch into the "Rogue-Like-Github" folder and rename "Rouge-Like-Expanded-master" to "game".
  7. Go to "Projects\Rogue-Like-Github\game" and create a folder called "images".
  8. Download the image files .
  9. Extract the files and folders into the newly created "images" folder.
  10. Download file and extract into "renpy-6.99.13-sdk\renpy\common".
  11. Start up Ren'Py and launch the project.
I followed all the steps, but it does not work

Reactions: Nafta

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
That's a different bug set than I got.

On a different note been playing with X-23's skintone, given her look in Evolution and other sources I figure her being white is kind of odd. Original pale is on the left.
Untitled.png

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Need help pls:

How to play the Github version:

1. Download Ren'Py 6.99.13 and extract it somewhere.
  2. Create a folder called "Projects" or something else you'll remember. Create another folder inside the projects folder and call it something like "Rogue-Like-Github".
  3. Start up Ren'Py and click on "preferences".
  4. Redirect the path of the "Projects Directory" to the newly created projects folder.
  5. Download the master branch from the Github repository.
  6. Unzip the master branch into the "Rogue-Like-Github" folder and rename "Rouge-Like-Expanded-master" to "game".
  7. Go to "Projects\Rogue-Like-Github\game" and create a folder called "images".
  8. Download the image files .
  9. Extract the files and folders into the newly created "images" folder.
  10. Download file and extract into "renpy-6.99.13-sdk\renpy\common".
  11. Start up Ren'Py and launch the project.
I followed all the steps, but it does not work

Try downloading file and putting it into "renpy-6.99.13-sdk\renpy".

Reactions: Tetaris and TNTed

zero78

May 3, 2019
Try downloading file and putting it into "renpy-6.99.13-sdk\renpy".
Thx, I finnaly found the problem ( I deleted the save from the latest official version that I had copied and now the mod work, but I have to start a new save :s )

now i'm eager to see mystique, actually saw her one time has raven.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
For those who are interested in latest build from April 18th fixes. I have done it. Finally figured out how to get it to do it without errors on bootup.
PC Version, Windows Version, Mac Version (Buggy from report from some other user)

Here is Link:
- NEW LINK FOR LATEST BUILD

There is some problems with Mac build from what I was told. - So there is no MAC Build.
All I did was do build distributions for each of the ones available.

PC version is both Linux and Windows. But I also have just simple Windows version as well in the Mega folder.

Edit: 5/2/2019
Updated Link and removed Mac version since it's basically broken in the Build I did.

Edit: 5/4/2019 | 11:55AM EST Time
-Updating Link Now and will have new link since the folder I had wouldn't allow me to remove a specific build that doesn't need to be there.
-I am making new share folder with some tweaks in build options.
-Used the latest preferences.py file uploaded by Grigori_127 to see if it makes difference in game build.

Edit: 5/4/2019 | 12:03 PM EST Time
-Uploaded New Share folder
-Removed Windows Store build.
-Only PC / Win Builds. (PC Build is both Linux and PC | Win is Win build Solo)
-Used Latest preferences.py file uploaded by Grigori_127 in latest build.
-Holds April 18th Hotfix
-Be Aware this is an experimental build. So there is most likely bugs you will run across.
-Don't Ask about Android build because I am not a coder who can fix anything with Android. Wouldn't even be able to properly test since I don't own one.
Already compiled it for Windows / PC. Also is missing sound in github so once he slaps someone he will run into an error. Which I was able to bring the sounds from your other build and put sound files for April 18th fix. For some it works but obviously its an experimental build so it has some bugs. Nothing I had any problems dealing with.

Check out the build to see for yourself and if not satisfied I will remove the Shared folder. Thought it be easier for ppl to just DL a premade build and not worry with too much of renpy sdk. I did run into some issues but it was fine and followed instructions to a tee.

Thx, I finnaly found the problem ( I deleted the save from the latest official version that I had copied and now the mod work, but I have to start a new save :s )

now i'm eager to see mystique, actually saw her one time has raven.
Just keep going to Danger Room and you will eventually meet up. Took me a while for it to happen.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
For those who are interested in latest build from April 18th fixes. I have done it. Finally figured out how to get it to do it without errors on bootup.

PC Version, Windows Version, Mac Version (Buggy from report from some other user)
Add Android?

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Add Android?
Nope b/c I have no idea how to do that kind of build. Only PC / Windows or rather Linux, Windows builds only.

@Grigori_127 When do build is there specific options that should be on or off? Or just do default? Reason why I ask is because I noticed you added a new type of preferences file. That is py and not the other one from Github instructions. Which actually made bootup of the game instant instead of very laggy and lock ups like I got before.

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Nope b/c I have no idea how to do that kind of build. Only PC / Windows or rather Linux, Windows builds only.

@Grigori_127 When do build is there specific options that should be on or off? Or just do default? Reason why I ask is because I noticed you added a new type of preferences file. That is py and not the other one from Github instructions. Which actually made bootup of the game instant instead of very laggy and lock ups like I got before.
Default is ok I guess. You need both files, the one from github and the one I posted here. I'll update the github instructions soon.

Reactions: iAnimeDeath

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Default is ok I guess. You need both files, the one from github and the one I posted here. I'll update the github instructions soon.
Hmm, I unchecked the options for force recompile and such. It booted fine. Used the latest Preference file you uploaded. And also I had to add Sounds Folder for the build to work. Otherwise users will run into sound errors. Just pulled that from your Earlier march build? So it works so far so good. I had the one from github put in too. So I am using both now in my latest build I just updated.

Truth be told I am very new with Renpy but I am good following at instructions. So I managed to get a working build. I am not good enough with mac builds or Android since the one I did caused Mac version to not even bootup properly. I'm guessing specific tweaks need to be done for that.

Here is Post Link: https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-expanded-mod.14865/page-82#post-1864313

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
So got the Github working again now, latest build has a lot of missing spaces in the dialogues. Issues loading outfits correctly in the Bathroom and missing an arm from Rogue's green crop top.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
@Syliar
I did another build with updated preferences file given by Grigori. I updated my post to have that build and it came out a little different. In some parts of the game quality went up and not so many blur parts of the body when focus was on the face that resulted blurring rest of girls body. Maybe it will work for you since It might have fixed the menu issue.

The file he stated to use isn't on Github. Or maybe it is. Will double check. I dont have any of those issues. That you claim to have. I did though start a new game and deleted all previous saves and persistant files from my old game. I noticed some ppl had issues when they used save from original game that isn't modded.

Edit:
I edited the post with a new mega link that removed some builds not needed. And now only have 2 files in my mega shared folder.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
@Syliar
I did another build with updated preferences file given by Grigori. I updated my post to have that build and it came out a little different. In some parts of the game quality went up and not so many blur parts of the body when focus was on the face that resulted blurring rest of girls body. Maybe it will work for you since It might have fixed the menu issue.

The file he stated to use isn't on Github. Or maybe it is. Will double check. I dont have any of those issues. That you claim to have. I did though start a new game and deleted all previous saves and persistant files from my old game. I noticed some ppl had issues when they used save from original game that isn't modded.

Edit:
I edited the post with a new mega link that removed some builds not needed. And now only have 2 files in my mega shared folder.
I grabbed the file, I read everything. As for the issues, they persist in your new build as well I tested both and purged all saves.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
I grabbed the file, I read everything. As for the issues, they persist in your new build I tested both and purged all saves.
That's really weird. You are the only one so far who said they had issues with the menu. You sure it's not something on your end. Like python not installed or something?

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Considering I've modded it and can code into it, you can safely assume Python isn't the issue. I also didn't mention the menu issue, implying I'd gotten past that. Only the new issues apply, go for a wander in the bathroom and spam girl spawns, go into the sex menu and do something, then exit so they get dressed to see the clothing issue. They'll be in regular clothes at first and then swap to the towel on exit.

For the green crop top issue, just equip it to Rogue. It looks like a missing image file, possible typo (I've not examined the code for that section myself yet) or something along those lines for one of the arms. The spaces issue is just people not adding them correctly and I can't recall one right now but I'll dig into it later and do more than a casual play then when I get back to modding it this evening.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
I tested the green top crop to rogue and it didn't have missing arm or anything on my end. Maybe Picture files got corrupted but then again if these same issues happened with latest build I did maybe that definitely not the issue.

Yeah. I seen the bathroom clothes bug and thought it was simply b/c they just got finished bathing which they were in regular clothes. I thought that was intended to be honest. But I will test swapping menus from sex menu back to regular to see what your are referring to. I am curious to see this. I think I seen it a few times.

Edit:
The bathroom Issue I can definitely replicate it. Interesting that happens.

Edit 2:
hmm, interesting. IF you walk to bathroom and door appears first and then enter I noticed the girl wearing Clothes. But the clothes when you enter that are on without that door with more than one girl is when that particular bug shows.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes