Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Zatrian

Sep 5, 2018
I think it is not just no more Raven content - there won't be any more added content beyond maybe a new costume here and there. From what I understand, Shanks_aka was the leader of this project and he and whoever hew was working with at the time was responsible for a large amount of the content in the mod (e.g. Rogue's missionary and the like). Of course, Shanks disappeared and somebody had to pick up the slack.

I think tinymanhood and team is just trying to maintain the project to the best of their ability and incorporate whatever content Oni makes. I doubt we will see any substantive additions to the mod over whatever appears in the vanilla game in the future, which is a shame but it is what it is. If anybody has the ability to finish what Shanks started, go for it.
Oh. That's REALLY bad...

schokokopp

Jul 13, 2018
The mod gave up on keeping up with Oni's constant inexperinced tinkering with the base game's underlying code. So rather than updating the mod to be compatible with each new build, the modders just reverse engineer the new characters and features Oni is adding into the mod that's still runing on an older base game version. IE you're still running an older verion but Laura is modded into that older version. Oni is a good artist but not a very good coder, so yeah it's much faster and easier for the modders to redo the new features independently than trying to slog through the mess of Oni's experimental code changes with each new build.
Cool, thank you very much!
Gonna try getting it to work right away :)

Jan 28, 2018
I just had an error with the newest version. It happend when i tried to do stuff with rogue in class while kitty was also there. It said something like "Kitty sees what you two are doing and sits down and wait" and then the error happend.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
how many modders have modded the modding mod squad?

also it's been two months since gwenpool and still no laura sex scene/confession

jfl @ fans defending oni and telling us to be patient when all we're getting is squirrel girl in the end -- someone who literally NO ONE asked for

Reactions: waldo1

Kytty

Oct 8, 2017
how many modders have modded the modding mod squad?

also it's been two months since gwenpool and still no laura sex scene/confession

jfl @ fans defending oni and telling us to be patient when all we're getting is squirrel girl in the end -- someone who literally NO ONE asked for
Wasn’t that supposed to be voting? I’ve only seen him bring up Squirrel girl but I thought there were supposed to be others.

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
Wasn’t that supposed to be voting? I’ve only seen him bring up Squirrel girl but I thought there were supposed to be others.
I thought it was too, but now it's all up in the air. Hopefully, that won't be the final result.

It might've been trolls who "unofficially" voted for SG because they wanted to screw over the rest of the fanbase.

Last edited:

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I thought I tried my hands on the GitHub codes, but hit a brick wall. Followed the step-by-step instruction on the GitHub page, but ran into trouble with the preferences.rpy. At 1st it works, but when I made a minor edit to the options.rpy to change the save location so it doesn't interfere with the original version, all hell broke loose.

The SDK seemed to cache data somewhere, cos re-installing the SDK and re-downloading the sources from GitHub won't help. I've deleted all saves and the RenPY folder on User/xxx/Roaming. Can anybody help?

In the meantime, I've downloaded the win version from the 1st page, delete the archive.rpa, and otherwise follow the github instruction (using this instead of the SDK). All runs well since.

Based on 2019-05-19 GitHub pull, I made the following changes:
Code:
2019-05-21
- Cleaned reversed engineered codes from the original v0.978e
- Changed save game location so it doesn't interfere with the original Rogue-Like saves
- Added 4 more custom clothing slots to Emma so she's on par with everyone else
- The modded girls can now level up
- Fixed: Ensures Laura is properly initialized at game start
- Fixed: Rogue tan reverting to default when changing to the new hairstyle
- Fixed: Rogue selfie skin tan mismatched when using the new hairstyle
- Fixed: Rogue skipping her 1st top/bottomless scene
@Azie,
The 1st change in the above changelog are designed to mitigate such problem you've encountered. Though I haven't encountered your specific problem, using uncleaned code has caused me a whole lot of headaches when trying to edit the source. IDK why the mod author(s) doesn't entirely scrub the " from _call_xxx" part of label call from the source. There's quite a few source files still containing this in GitHub.

@itsfickfuckthings,
I haven't tried it yet, but it might be similar error to when you try to fondle kitty's breasts when she's giving you a titjob. It's harder to pinpoint cos the original codes uses a very bad form of programming, using global variables to pass data. Going forward, to ensure quality IMO there's need a full code overhaul. The modders already paving the way with the modded girl code. Now to apply that approach to all the original girls.

Last edited:

TheSinful

Jun 11, 2018
I thought I tried my hands on the GitHub codes, but hit a brick wall. Followed the step-by-step instruction on the GitHub page, but ran into trouble with the preferences.rpy. At 1st it works, but when I made a minor edit to the options.rpy to change the save location so it doesn't interfere with the original version, all hell broke loose.

The SDK seemed to cache data somewhere, cos re-installing the SDK and re-downloading the sources from GitHub won't help. I've deleted all saves and the RenPY folder on User/xxx/Roaming. Can anybody help?

In the meantime, I've downloaded the win version from the 1st page, delete the archive.rpa, and otherwise follow the github instruction (using this instead of the SDK). All runs well since.

Code:
2019-05-21
- Changed save game location so it doesn't interfere with the original Rogue-Like saves
@Azie,
The 1st change in the above changelog are designed to mitigate such problem you've encountered. Though I haven't encountered your specific problem, using uncleaned code has caused me a whole lot of headaches when trying to edit the source. IDK why the mod author(s) doesn't entirely scrub the " from _call_xxx" part of label call from the source. There's quite a few source files still containing this in GitHub.

@itsfickfuckthings,
I haven't tried it yet, but it might be similar error to when you try to fondle kitty's breasts when she's giving you a titjob. It's harder to pinpoint cos the original codes uses a very bad form of programming, using global variables to pass data. Going forward, to ensure quality IMO there's need a full code overhaul. The modders already paving the way with the modded girl code. Now to apply that approach to all the original girls.
Bitchin

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017

Code:
2019-05-21
@Azie,

@itsfickfuckthings,
You are missing sound folder. So whenever you smack someone it will cause an error. You have to pull sound folder from one of earlier builds that grigori released. I already my own build working a few pages back. Also there is another preference file you need to get from a few pages ago that Grigori released to help fix most ppl's crash bug on SDK.

Here is Post Link: https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-expanded-mod.14865/page-82#post-1864313

Here is the other Preference file needed: https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-expanded-mod.14865/page-83#post-1871983

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkowo383

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
You are missing sound folder. So whenever you smack someone it will cause an error. You have to pull sound folder from one of earlier builds that grigori released. I already my own build working a few pages back. Also there is another preference file you need to get from a few pages ago that Grigori released to help fix most ppl's crash bug on SDK.

Here is Post Link: https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-expanded-mod.14865/page-82#post-1864313

Here is the other Preference file needed: https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-expanded-mod.14865/page-83#post-1871983
Thanks for the reply. The problem isn't with the sound folder, but related to the Preference object. The actual error is (paraphrasing) "background_choices is not found in the Preferences object". As the latest build is using a dynamic main screen, the game crash as soon as it launched.

Test it on SDK v6.99.14.3. After adjusting the "renpy/common/00preferences.rpy" and "renpy/preferences.py", the error is gone. The GitHub readme should be updated, as it shows only the "00preferences.rpy" need to be patched while it actually takes 2 to tango.

Question: has anybody tested Rogue-Like with the v7.x SDK, either the original or the modded version? I found that using the v7.x the game has a background problem, that is the background isn't displayed. It seemed that Oni added a layer under the master layer that is used for background, and v7.x seems won't display anything on layer below the master layer (or immediately cover it with the master layer). Anyone know how to mitigate this?

Last edited:

GMArcturus

Oct 14, 2017
There are like 3 things I'm wondering about. Would it be possible to change Rogue's cheerleader top from a bra to a top so that she can wear a bra under it, are there plans to give Emma a more teacher-ish outfit with bit longer of a mini-skirt and a button down blouse and finally, can we a get Emma a bra and panty set more similar to Rogue's and Kitty's sets?

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
There are like 3 things I'm wondering about. Would it be possible to change Rogue's cheerleader top from a bra to a top so that she can wear a bra under it, are there plans to give Emma a more teacher-ish outfit with bit longer of a mini-skirt and a button down blouse and finally, can we a get Emma a bra and panty set more similar to Rogue's and Kitty's sets?
Hard to say on the cheer top, but as for the teacher outfit- most of the people participating in the mod are not artists- most of the art assets are from Oni's version, who is a pretty good artist but a pretty mediocre coder.
The question as to whether they will get things like that is mostly a question of whether or not somebody better at art can participate. I've been taking a crack at it, but it's turned out to be slower going than I expected. If you feel like you're up to the task,feel free to contribute.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Can someone upload the latest version with the recent GitHub plus n1ck's fixes and any updates added after please? The last versions are now slightly outdated due to n1ck's improvements.

GMArcturus

Oct 14, 2017
Hard to say on the cheer top, but as for the teacher outfit- most of the people participating in the mod are not artists- most of the art assets are from Oni's version, who is a pretty good artist but a pretty mediocre coder.
The question as to whether they will get things like that is mostly a question of whether or not somebody better at art can participate. I've been taking a crack at it, but it's turned out to be slower going than I expected. If you feel like you're up to the task,feel free to contribute.
The Emma stuff is less of a thing for me, but the cheer top going from a bra to an actual top like it should have been in the first place is something I would really like to see fixed. That can't be anything more than changing a bit of coding for that one, right? Also one last thing I forgot to mention would be that it would be nice to be able to get the same cheer outfit that Rogue has for Kitty. I think she would look good in it.

mochamas23

Apr 5, 2019
View attachment 122966

Overview:
Expanded is a mod created by @Shanks_Aka, @Olive_Drab, @MK78, @Tinymanhood, and a few others. It expands the existing content by adding more clothing, sex options and locations as well as an additional character (Mystique). It also includes an expansion of the Modded version originally created by SLDR which allows you to quickly and easily adjust each girl's stat by dragging the stat bars at the top of the screen. Clicking the backpack icon gives you options to instantly gain money, stat points to level up and actions with each girl.​

Game Updated: March 22, 2019
Post Updated: March 26, 2019
Game/Creator: -
Contributors: @Shanks_Aka, @Olive_Drab, @MK78, @Tinymanhood, @Syliar, @grundle, @Hakunon, @everglow ,@Taharka, @unforeseeable, @Kylar Stern, @ArcticPerv, @Grigori_127, @Pervy Rogue, @D&R, @jumbotron, @Shad0wk1ng09, @Sfoo, @Maniek92, @Deadlypremonition, anons
Game Version: 0.978
Language: English
Genre: School, Parody, Anal, Blowjob, Stripping, Handjob, Titjob, Masturbation, Corruption, Super Powers, Renpy, Outfits

Features:

Installation:

Change-Log:

FAQ:

(Experimental builds)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's currently no updates planned for any other game version than 0.978. Please, stop asking. We will let you know if anything changes.

Download:

Vanilla Game V0.978e + Expanded Mod All In One:

Win:
Mac:
Linux:
Android:

View attachment 123065 View attachment 123066 View attachment 123067 View attachment 123068 View attachment 123069 View attachment 123070 View attachment 123071 View attachment 123072 View attachment 123073 View attachment 123074 View attachment 123075 View attachment 123076 View attachment 123077 View attachment 123078 View attachment 123079 View attachment 123080 View attachment 123081 View attachment 123082 View attachment 123083 View attachment 123084 View attachment 123085 View attachment 123086 View attachment 123087 View attachment 123088 View attachment 123089 View attachment 123090 View attachment 123091
update please

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes