Mod Ren'Py Rogue-like: Evolution [v0.997d] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
doesnt do those things, whats the point of just technical behind the scenes info then? the console commands dont even list how to interact with those tags
The point is that it is a walkthrough guide, like any other walkthrough for any other title on this site. If it doesn't suit you then no worries, everyone should be able to enjoy media anyway they wish. Choices in the way it is consumed is always a benefit. Pick your poison and roll with it, you'll get no critism from me, to each their own. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
well, i installed this mod following the instructions, then applied the cheat mod and only the cheat mod worked, the options from the menus were longer though. Then i tried installing the cheat mod first and then this mod and still nothing, the i tried installing this mod, then the cheat mod and re-aplying this mod agan and still nothing. then i just installed this mod on a fresh copy and it worked, but the moment i add the cheat mod it stops working.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong? i'm doing what the instructions say.
If you are using SLDR's v1.2.4 then I'll look at it later. It's not my mod but SLDR said they changed the way it worked to hopefully not interfere with other mods. I must change the scripts directly so there isn't anything I can do regarding this mod. SLDR's modifies the screen script a a couple others that I don't need to modify so in theory it should work, but I have not yet tested compatibility with other mods 100%.

Reactions: trapmint

trapmint

Oct 24, 2017
If you are using SLDR's v1.2.4 then I'll look at it later. It's not my mod but SLDR said they changed the way it worked to hopefully not interfere with other mods. I must change the scripts directly so there isn't anything I can do regarding this mod. SLDR's modifies the screen script a a couple others that I don't need to modify so in theory it should work, but I have not yet tested compatibility with other mods 100%.
I was using version 1.2.1, didn't know it had an update, it works now with version 1.2.4, thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: GAB

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Sancho1969
Hey so long time fan of the game. I installed your mod and I like the stats viewing but it feels like that's all there is to it?
Now I don't wanna disrespect your work, stat reading and changing is nice but I kinda knew that with a simple rollback function and hours of gameplay I had. And even though some acronym are hard to read you can already guess with the color code and the girls reactions ( which variable it affects and stats requirements)

I'm more curious about that walkthrough feature that's described in your overview, is it really highlighting dialogue choices? If so, where?

Oh side note: I've found there are some hidden stats that aren't shown in your mod like forced and exhibitionist and, although forced is easy to replicate and code in the console log, I'm struggling with the exhibitionism stat.
I don't know how to toggle or code it and I only have 2 save file: A before and after a girl gets the status, I isolated 5-6 console line that changed between the changes but they led me to nowhere.
Perhaps you could share what you know about it?

Reactions: Ssato243

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Hey so long time fan of the game. I installed your mod and I like the stats viewing but it feels like that's all there is to it?
Now I don't wanna disrespect your work, stat reading and changing is nice but I kinda knew that with a simple rollback function and hours of gameplay I had. And even though some acronym are hard to read you can already guess with the color code and the girls reactions ( which variable it affects and stats requirements)

I'm more curious about that walkthrough feature that's described in your overview, is it really highlighting dialogue choices? If so, where?

Oh side note: I've found there are some hidden stats that aren't shown in your mod like forced and exhibitionist and, although forced is easy to replicate and code in the console log, I'm struggling with the exhibitionism stat.
I don't know how to toggle or code it and I only have 2 save file: A before and after a girl gets the status, I isolated 5-6 console line that changed between the changes but they led me to nowhere.
Perhaps you could share what you know about it?
Exhibitionist is a Trait of a girl (a variable only) and not a stat. It's used along with Taboo in calculation for various dialogues. Traits include variables such as: "follow", "vocal", "poly" (accepts a specific girl), etc. The only example of when Exhibitionist is added to Traits is in the public sex check "label Girls_Taboo". It's either in Triats or it's not (true of false). That's why you don't see it in my choices, it's a calculation variable and only gets changed in that portion of the script. That script portion can be found in "Script Functions". All other scripts reference if that variable exists in Girl.Traits and (usually along with Taboo) is used to calculate dialogue that's seen on screen.

The "walkthrough" shows you what stats will be changed only. There is absolutely no way to "highlight" correct choices since there is no "correct" choice....it's player dependent. The jist of this is explained in the OP, "What you can expect".

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Exhibitionist is a Trait of a girl (a variable only) and not a stat. It's used along with Taboo in calculation for various dialogues. Traits include variables such as: "follow", "vocal", "poly" (accepts a specific girl), etc. The only example of when Exhibitionist is added to Traits is in the public sex check "label Girls_Taboo". It's either in Triats or it's not (true of false). That's why you don't see it in my choices, it's a calculation variable and only gets changed in that portion of the script. That script portion can be found in "Script Functions". All other scripts reference if that variable exists in Girl.Traits and (usually along with Taboo) is used to calculate dialogue that's seen on screen.

The "walkthrough" shows you what stats will be changed only. There is absolutely no way to "highlight" correct choices since there is no "correct" choice....it's player dependent. The jist of this is explained in the OP, "What you can expect".
hmm interesting, also I didn't know about those other variables. The command to make a girl like another is easy and already in the spoiler box for console commands but is there a quick way like a console command to toggle Exhibitionism for a girl?

I don't really understand that part
That script portion can be found in "Script Functions".
Oh and, I'm guessing Girl.Trait is when the game lets you change a girl attitude (use Love to increase Obedience, that sort of thing) but what difference does taboo make? I get that it can vary from 0 to 40 but i can't really see a difference except maybe for Frost and her teacher/student relationship thingie.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hmm interesting, also I didn't know about those other variables. The command to make a girl like another is easy and already in the spoiler box for console commands but is there a quick way like a console command to toggle Exhibitionism for a girl?
You can not toggle it but rather append the string. You could break things especially with JeanX, so be warned (not recommended to do but you asked):
$ Girl.Traits.append("exhibitionist")

If "Girl" isn't defined properly in the current scene or savestate, then use the actual name such as "StormX". In that example you would use:
$ StormX.Traits.append("exhibitionist")

To remove the trait from the string, use:
$ Girl.Traits.remove("exhibitionist")

Oh and, I'm guessing Girl.Trait is when the game lets you change a girl attitude (use Love to increase Obedience, that sort of thing) but what difference does taboo make? I get that it can vary from 0 to 40 but i can't really see a difference except maybe for Frost and her teacher/student relationship thingie.
Taboo, like other traits are used in script calculation...literally math formulas to change screen dialogue and/or to change and check stats. Example:

Code:
if ApprovalCheck(Girl, 1000, "OI", TabM = 5) or "exhibitionist" in Girl.Traits:
        $ Line = "here"
    elif ApprovalCheck(Girl, 900, TabM = 5):
        $ Line = "change"
or
Code:
if Taboo:
    $ Girl.Statup("Inbt", 90, (int(Taboo/10)))

Aryanblood17

Feb 4, 2020
I just extracted it in "game" folder but when I try to play it shows NameError: name 'player' is not defined. What to do now?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
does this work on the last version
Good morning. I'm looking into the scripts to see if it's worth porting over (new content versus only "bug" fixes). I've been in this boat before with this title, if it's not stable then it's just many hours wasted porting (994e is an example). I have some obligations this morning but I promise you I will provide a status report if porting will be done for this version (994h) soon. I've tweaked some of the mod features anyway so I'm eager to push out a new version, I just need a stable game version to do it. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well folks, this will take some time (994h is buggy anyway, see game post). The dev changed the indention in all the scripts which makes my macro fail on merging the modded code. In layman's terms I have to manually copy/paste every single menu choice script over to the new scripts (every mod code in every file). This will take more hours than I currently can estimate and a bottle or two of fine whiskey. I'll start work on it soon, but it will take time. Stick with 994f for now if possible imo. I'll report back with progress updates. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote