Mod Ren'Py Rogue-like: Evolution [v0.997d] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Jun 21, 2018
It does not work, at the moment of starting the game it says this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Rogue_Scenes.rpy", line 7, in <module>
NameError: name 'Player' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Rogue_Scenes.rpyc", line 7, in script
    t{c1/6%�������k~�-ȼ����    ^�F�>w��]�w:���5(��R ���|�՞�4�dGprzYf ���*)=�,���̀f���|��<�.Kk���"'��Y��*s��l�A�B����A�9����U�}�%�e�s5�7܆�1�=�"��ra�KB�X fQp��LTB���p]
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\ast.py", line 1702, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\python.py", line 1835, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\python.py", line 1828, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Rogue_Scenes.rpy", line 7, in <module>
NameError: name 'Player' is not defined

Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Rogue-Like 0.984h
and if I continue, every time she says my "name" another error appears and when rogue appears, she does not appear on the screen, only her dialogues appear below
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'RogueX'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Rogue_Scenes.rpyc", line 58, in script
    ^$�8�1l�܈Ś��Y���j��^V�[�!Ug�
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Nueva carpeta\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win - copia\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'RogueX'

Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Rogue-Like 0.984h

Jun 21, 2018
Good evening. That's literally at the very beginning of the game. It's not a mod issue, that's for certain. Make sure when you start the game first time from scratch (with or without mod) that you don't have dev mode enabled or any other shenanigans. This title is a bit pissy at the very beginning. I keep a save in Quick or Page 1 that is after naming your character and choosing a color. Then add or enable whatever you want, load that save as a starting point and you should be solid.
ah well I wouldn't know if it works because when I try to load the game, nothing comes out, the main menu comes out again, as if I hadn't done anything

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ah well I wouldn't know if it works because when I try to load the game, nothing comes out, the main menu comes out again, as if I hadn't done anything
Look at your traceback. It says you're running 984h. This mod is for 994f. That's a big problem :)

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Ive been testing the newest version with the mod and ive found the following:
It only shows rogue's guide (the events on the other girls show up as vanilla)
It doesnt let you sleep in a girl's room even if you have maxed love and have her as a girlfriend.

demendude139

Jun 25, 2020
So I am trying to use the mod but every time I extract it into the game folder it doesn't prompt an overwrite of anything and when I try to open the game this pops up instead as an error
While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'F:\\Games\\Renpy\\Projects\\Rogue-Like - 0.994/game/Emma_Chat.rpy', 1622639013, 509) is defined twice, at Emma_Chat.rpyc:4 and game/Rogue-like Evolution 994f - SanchoMod v2/Emma_Chat.rpyc:4.
i have this same problem and dont know how to fix it please help

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i have this same problem and dont know how to fix it please help
Bud, you must install correctly. If it is indeed the EXACT same issue as you stated then you didn't install correctly. The error is telling you everything that's wrong:

" ScriptError: Name (u'F:\\Games\\Renpy\\Projects\\Rogue-Like - 0.994/game/Emma_Chat.rpy', 1622639013, 509) is defined twice, at Emma_Chat.rpyc:4 and game/Rogue-like Evolution 994f - SanchoMod v2/Emma_Chat.rpyc:4. "

Note:
Rogue-Like - 0.994/game/Emma_Chat.rpy
and
game/Rogue-like Evolution 994f - SanchoMod v2/Emma_Chat.rpyc
are NOT the same directory.

extract the contents of the mod into the VN's "game" directory meaning the structure is like this:
Code:
  (ThisTitleName) folder/
    ├── game/
    │   ├── SanchoMod/
    │   └── (support files)
    ├── lib/
    ├── renpy/
    └── (ThisTitleName).exe

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Owlman8497 , thank you kindly. I'm patiently waiting myself although I've much on my plate with other mods, but do truly enjoy this title. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote