Mod Ren'Py Rogue-like: Evolution [v0.997d] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

aMommyNoose

Jun 16, 2017
Well folks, this will take some time (994h is buggy anyway, see game post). The dev changed the indention in all the scripts which makes my macro fail on merging the modded code. In layman's terms I have to manually copy/paste every single menu choice script over to the new scripts (every mod code in every file). This will take more hours than I currently can estimate and a bottle or two of fine whiskey. I'll start work on it soon, but it will take time. Stick with 994f for now if possible imo. I'll report back with progress updates. Regards.
Hey, I have some experience with regular expressions (and a bit of free time), which seems like it should be able to handle something like changes in indentation pretty easily, or even make a much more generic "dumb" source code replacer/patcher for any game version that doesn't edit those bits in an actually functional manner. Let me know if I can be of any help here.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, I have some experience with regular expressions (and a bit of free time), which seems like it should be able to handle something like changes in indentation pretty easily, or even make a much more generic "dumb" source code replacer/patcher for any game version that doesn't edit those bits in an actually functional manner. Let me know if I can be of any help here.
994h is super buggy, it is not worth any effort to patch. Hopefully "i" or later will be and I'll get 'er done. IMO 994f is the best of the latest builds so I'd stick with it for now. Otherwise regarding the code, the indention is just the beginning, since much of the scripts changed it's not as simple as a splitdiff to rework as the menu structures have changed and that's what needs to be edited. It will have to be done manually, but I know it's feasible as I experimented and got one girl completely done before I realized how buggy the build is. If I finish the NCC multi-mod soon then I may push out a 994h as another option, keeping the 994f available as "recommended". Thanks and regards.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
You can not toggle it but rather append the string. You could break things especially with JeanX, so be warned (not recommended to do but you asked):
$ Girl.Traits.append("exhibitionist")

If "Girl" isn't defined properly in the current scene or savestate, then use the actual name such as "StormX". In that example you would use:
$ StormX.Traits.append("exhibitionist")

To remove the trait from the string, use:
$ Girl.Traits.remove("exhibitionist")

Taboo, like other traits are used in script calculation...literally math formulas to change screen dialogue and/or to change and check stats. Example:

Code:
if ApprovalCheck(Girl, 1000, "OI", TabM = 5) or "exhibitionist" in Girl.Traits:
        $ Line = "here"
    elif ApprovalCheck(Girl, 900, TabM = 5):
        $ Line = "change"
or
Code:
if Taboo:
    $ Girl.Statup("Inbt", 90, (int(Taboo/10)))
mmh still having trouble understanding where and how taboo command is used
nice so, I went in console command to test it, typed StormX.Traits.append("exhibitionist") and pressed enter. it felt productive at first but it instead leads to more questions.

If i wanted to speedrun the game using console command, how would i bypass some of the girl's "restriction" e.g Kitty's failure to deepthroat, Laura & Jean & Storm and her scheduling appearances, or Emma and her teacher's responsibilities to not do nudity or sexual activities in public? (did i miss any?)

all i could find that works is KittyX.blow=100 and i guess Emma.taboo=0 but i'm sitll not sure what specific things i need to make her nude or having sex in public

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSavageGod

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Sancho1969 do you know the console command to get the keys of the girl's room?
i kinda went in blind and tried Player.Traits (foolish idea i know) and Player.Inventory but i gotta rely on you for that

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 do you know the console command to get the keys of the girl's room?
i kinda went in blind and tried Player.Traits (foolish idea i know) and Player.Inventory but i gotta rely on you for that
Room keys have nothing to do with either Traits or Inventory variables. They are their own variable and setup as a list , therefore must use the [append] command. The list contains names by character so the format when receiving a key in the story events would be coded like this:

$ Keys.append(GirlX)

Regards.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Room keys have nothing to do with either Traits or Inventory variables. They are their own variable and setup as a list , therefore must use the [append] command. The list contains names by character so the format when receiving a key in the story events would be coded like this:

$ Keys.append(GirlX)

Regards.
Last Q for today as i'm close to a breakthrough
How the heck do i get girls to be ok with nudity? is there a line for that?
Rogue-Like_YGCIt0OIET.png Rogue-Like_onE8jbUdYH.png
I tried inbt=1000, taboo=0 and even exhib traits, think i have to reset the day?

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017

$ Keys.append(GirlX)

Regards.
Forgot to say thanks for your response but I attempted what you said and it doesn't work properly

It's not the right code for it

Also looking for the trigger of girls room's key and girls phone numbers

(file attachment for forum is currently fcked)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Forgot to say thanks for your response but I attempted what you said and it doesn't work properly

It's not the right code for it
It does work properly because it is the code format.

$ Keys.append(GirlX) functions throughout the scripts.
You must realize that what it appends depends entirely on what the variable [GirlX.Name] is in its current state.
For a more direct entry, in layman's terms, to obtain Storm's key it's $ Keys.append(StormX)

I know I'm correct but if you have doubts then direct questions regarding the game to the actual developer Oni. It's his code after all. Regards.

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
It does work properly because it is the code format.

$ Keys.append(GirlX) functions throughout the scripts.
You must realize that what it appends depends entirely on what the variable [GirlX.Name] is in its current state.
For a more direct entry, in layman's terms, to obtain Storm's key it's $ Keys.append(StormX)

I know I'm correct but if you have doubts then direct questions regarding the game to the actual developer Oni. It's his code after all. Regards.
I trust your expertise and don't want to argue about it

The problem I'm having is I already tried what you posted and, as you can see with the picture below
2021.png
I get a NameError with $ Keys.append(GirlX) on the upper section
Like storm or Laura

Hence why I'm relaying this back to you for advice

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I trust your expertise and don't want to argue about it

The problem I'm having is I already tried what you posted and, as you can see with the picture below
View attachment 1332329
I get a NameError with $ Keys.append(GirlX) on the upper section
Like storm or Laura

Hence why I'm relaying this back to you for advice
Ah, I see you're trying from console.
You're problem is not what I originally wrote, it's with your entry.
From that screen image snippet you entered Keys.append(LauraX)
but it must be exactly as I advised $ Keys.append(LauraX)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Ah, I see you're trying from console.
You're problem is not what I originally wrote, it's with your entry.
From that screen image snippet you entered Keys.append(LauraX)
but it must be exactly as I advised $ Keys.append(LauraX)
Same usual error
1627968037076.png

I've asked elsewhere to check the code and see if it was a problem.
There was nothing wrong with the traits code before, although I have been told adding $ before the code in console command doesn't matter whether it is present or not.
When you showed me the keys code i tried multiple version but idk where to find source code to double check (i tried but there's no value called Keys or Key)

Also i ran into this error when i asked Prof. X to give me a Key, whether his room or a girls room
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script Scenes.rpy", line 4513, in <module>
TypeError: 'GirlClass' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script Locations.rpyc", line 257, in script call
  File "script Chat.rpyc", line 113, in script call
  File "script Chat.rpyc", line 248, in script call
  File "Rogue_Sex.rpyc", line 168, in script call
  File "Rogue_Sex.rpyc", line 2955, in script call
  File "script Functions.rpyc", line 5180, in script call
  File "script Functions.rpyc", line 6155, in script call
  File "script Scenes.rpyc", line 3844, in script call
  File "script Scenes.rpyc", line 4513, in script
  File "C:\Users\%username%\3D Objects\Game\Rogue-Like\Rogue-Like-0 994h-win\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\%username%\3D Objects\Game\Rogue-Like\Rogue-Like-0 994h-win\Rogue-Like-0.994h-win\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script Scenes.rpy", line 4513, in <module>
TypeError: 'GirlClass' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue-Like 0.994h
I hope that's not the reason I can't run the command you suggest?

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Xavier's key is like this: $ Keys.append("Xavier")
did exactly as you said. Got the same error as previously mentioned
:confused:
I'll try and start a fresh new game and save but meanwhile could you do me a favor and check on your end if you get a different result after entering
Code:
 $ Keys.append(LauraX)
Code:
 $ Keys.append("Xavier")
if you could post the result and show the inventory bag to confirm it worked I'd be grateful

Thanks for your time and effort

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
if you could post the result and show the inventory bag to confirm it worked I'd be grateful

I have no idea why I should need to prove myself to you. But I'm growing tired of explaining these things in a thread that is about my mod, not about teaching python code. This is all elementary, nonetheless here is proof all pics taken within 1 minute total timeframe:

RL proof01.jpg RL proof02.jpg RL proof03.jpg

Reactions: GAB

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
GAB, you know if it gets too complicated that everything you've asked to date can be done already in-game with developer mode activated? There's special menus where you can manipulate variables, add/sub inventory items, etc. The dev already implemented a ton of "cheats". Here's some examples. It's not everything but will give you an idea:

1628101743095.png 1628101768485.png 1628101802378.png 1628101883214.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i put this in the game folder but it wont work View attachment 1341037 View attachment 1341037
Good evening. That's literally at the very beginning of the game. It's not a mod issue, that's for certain. Make sure when you start the game first time from scratch (with or without mod) that you don't have dev mode enabled or any other shenanigans. This title is a bit pissy at the very beginning. I keep a save in Quick or Page 1 that is after naming your character and choosing a color. Then add or enable whatever you want, load that save as a starting point and you should be solid.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote