YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
No one made Iceman gay he was already gay the writing was just garbage and handle him coming in the worst way possible
So you are saying she lied about brainwashing him?

Was this ever explained properly?
Because as far as I know the closest thing to a "confirmation" we get is Emma, someone that only met him long after the brainwashing occurred (relatively, they were time-traveling to the future) saying he had been gay ever since she met him. So she refused to do anything about it, or even take a look.

...how do what happens with the "past selves" affect the "present selves"? If they don't then that issue is over and done with, but if they do and Jean herself never addressed this...

I admit not having read much X-Men in recent years though. Or... well, I didn't read X-Men for a while even before this happened. So if it was handled better later I would not be able to tell.

Reactions: mrttao
Jul 27, 2020
Those of us that liked x-men beyond lusting after the girls of the team?
Bruh, he's not that interesting compared to other x-men characters, especially male cast. Your snobbish accusation in "Lusting after girls" (in a adult game site, lol), implying that i'm not interested in story, characters and setting, are wrong.

Last edited:

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
More Mania Please
Unfortunately she's a bit obscure, most of her appearances are heavily stylized and she's gone through two symbiote downgrades changes already.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm still waiting for Russia's greatest love machine Illyana Rasputina aka Magik. Wanna hold onto her big horns.
Weird how Oni reaches for comics continuity but never seemed to care about her.
So you are saying she lied about brainwashing him?

Was this ever explained properly?
Because as far as I know the closest thing to a "confirmation" we get is Emma, someone that only met him long after the brainwashing occurred (relatively, they were time-traveling to the future) saying he had been gay ever since she met him. So she refused to do anything about it, or even take a look.

...how do what happens with the "past selves" affect the "present selves"? If they don't then that issue is over and done with, but if they do and Jean herself never addressed this...

I admit not having read much X-Men in recent years though. Or... well, I didn't read X-Men for a while even before this happened. So if it was handled better later I would not be able to tell.
It's not meant to be brainwashing, but the retcon to both Icemen was so abrupt and the awkward Bendis exchanges so crass it became a running gag with readers.
Also helps that Jean has had genuine brainwashing moments in which even her teammates thought shit was fucked, but then every telepath in Marvel is a sociopath to some degree.

Jul 27, 2020
Weird how Oni reaches for comics continuity but never seemed to care about her.
Maybe he don't like her. Maybe he's just forgot.
All we have left is to believe that 1st assumption is wrong and he will remember about her existence soon. I mean, he even add vampire-jubilee. Thing that not familiar outside comics fandom. It cannot be that he did not know about Magik.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostload

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Jul 27, 2020
Honestly, I could do without the horns... and the hooves, too. But since I read about her in this forum and checked her out, I really liked her. Something about that hairstyle that always gets me and I automatically give those girls 2 or 3 points more.
Yeah, she's a very cool character. One of the best.
And her hairstyle suit it and make her look very unique. Love it too. Not to mention her black outfit is just FIRE

1668079075659.png
1668078899884.png

Last edited:

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Bruh, he's not that interesting compared to other x-men characters, especially male cast. Your snobbish accusation in "Lusting after girls" (in a adult game site, lol), implying that i'm not interested in story, characters and setting, are wrong.
You asked who cared about iceman, i gave you an answer.
I was certanly mad when they made iceman gay.

Jul 11, 2020
Agreed, this game is hurting for someone pure.
Gwenpool would fit the bill.
Just saying.

As for the discussion, the entire point of her run is breaking past the bad moniker, stereotype and origins. Oni's introduction was heavy-handed, but I doubt he missed the point given he took after Gurihiru's art.
Also, Spider-Gwen has the personality of a brick, she would only be good to (mind-)fuck a girl and a symbiote and for that we could just have Mania, who's an actual character and hotter:
Anyway, back to muties and mutie pretenders.

Yeah, that's the time displaced teenage brainwasher.
Comics, man. Comics by Bendis, even.
Bendis? The writer?

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Ah, the guy who created that abomination of a character named Miles Moralez. One of the reasons why I dropped the Ultimate comic series...
I despise that character to a point it causes me physical pain. Primarily due to him being mary sue on top of the fact they murdered peter parker for him to appear, they've done nothing with him as well.

Kungoru

Jul 10, 2018
The thing is, the only good Miles Morales version we ever had was from Into the Spiderverse, but since its now one of the most popular Spider-Man movies ever, everyone now thinks he is the best character without really delving into his origin.
I was really hoping Insomniac would make something out of him in their game, but that shit sucked ass, apart from the gameplay.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes