Kungoru

Jul 10, 2018
The only reason I vote Gwen is because I want to believe Oni will be more motivated working on her + half of her shit is already done + her face is pretty idk. Like holy shit her eyes are pretty. Like absurdly pretty. Like bro, that's not even funny how pretty her eyes are.
I hate 4th wall breaking stuff as much as the next guy, but I can live with that as long as I get to look at that face like bro is there something wrong with me why is she so pretty

Last edited:

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
The only reason I vote Gwen is because I want to believe Oni will be more motivated working on her + half of her shit is already done + her face is pretty idk. Like holy shit her eyes are pretty. Like absurdly pretty. Like bro, that's not even funny how pretty her eyes are.
I hate 4th wall breaking stuff as mush as the next guy, but I can live with that as long as I get to look at that face like bro is there something wrong with me why is she so pretty
Well you're right she is attractive if oni tones down the fourth wall, she "goes with it" as her character bio at one point suggests while loving both you & the player (only fourth wall breakage that should occur imho) I'm all for it. I got the girls I wanted, Wanda or Gwen is fine I'm not gonna complain. Oni would make Wanda a little too extreme by the sounds of it so I'm on the fence about her now.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Wow, I can't imagine how much backlash there would be of Peter dying on Ultimatum, his being the only comic in the line I heard people actually liked.

How is he mary sue?
That is a fair question. I did not read enough about him to know.
But let us check the big parts of being a Mary Sue.

Everyone important in-universe loves them or is, at most, neutral.
As far as I know, the only personal villain for Miles that wasn't inherited from Peter was his uncle, and even then it wasn't a hate thing. And didn't he sacrifice himself for him?
And Miles' survival comes from giving a hamburguer to the Molecule Man, if I remember right. And wasn't he the only survivor from the Ultimate universe because of that?

Lack of any important, relevant flaws.
Peter was awkward and with a messed family life, used to be poor - and constantly is in need of money, gets no respect as Spidey and is outright feared sometimes, and just has bad luck. Plus everything involving his clones, including his daughter either being stillborn or kidnapped and never mentioned again, and the deal with Mephisto that erased his marriage from existence - including said daughter if she DID get kidnapped. And then there was that whole thing with having his body taken over, and becoming an outright criminal after Civil War...
Peter had a bad life.
Miles... the only bad part of his life I am aware of is the already-mentioned uncle. Plus guilt from when he made a deal with Mephisto and someone ended up dying, which by the way...

The character can do nothing wrong. Not for real, or at least not for long.
Peter... is a mess. Some of his enemies are a consequence of his actions, like Venom, and so many times he made bad decisions and almost gave up being Spider but didn't. Finding and capturing Sandman's soul. And in the old stories, how people said Peter's catch was what broke Gwen's neck, to the point that at the start of the clone saga when he saved Gwen's clone he acted as if he did, going out of his way to catch her during a swing instead of webbing her, so making the theory canon. Not to mention the consequences of his choices in Civil War and the deal with Mephisto.
Speaking of a deal with Mephisto, the only thing with bad consequences I remember coming from Miles was his own deal, and it was more that he made a deal to turn back time and save a bunch of people, including other teenage supers, but he failed to save a girl he had the first time around.

Lack of growth and development needed.
Outside Enter the Spiderverse, and I think a cartoon series based on it since on the episode I saw on tv there was a Gwen even if not Spider yet, I'm pretty sure Miles didn't get much more growth needed than actually getting field experience.
Similar to Star Wars. Luke went from a naïve farmer to the jedi we saw through three movies, and we saw his growth as it happened even if it was quick from natural talent. He even needed to be saved on the first movie, and lost his first lightsaber duel in the second. Rey was able to use the Force and stand on her own against a trained lightsaber fighter already in her first movie, with zero actual training.

Now, as I said I did not read much of his stories. He may be more than what I heard of, or he may have gotten better recently.
But at least from what I heard of, he is just... bland, and I completelly understand people thinking him a Mary Sue.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
loving both you & the player (only fourth wall breakage that should occur imho)
Damn, that's a pretty good idea. Reminds me of the true ending in Tuition Academia (highly recomended). It would actually make the character likable and original instead of having a character from the movie you're watching turn to the screen and say "hey, I know how this movie ends!" (insert canned laughs).

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
This reminds me of a game that... is kinda famous but won't say the name in case someone does not know, where the true cause of everything is that a character figured out they were fictional and just wanted a chance to talk with the real player instead of the MC.

AND , where the Corruption is basically the videogame characters being given the knowledge of how their lives are just fictions and either going into depression or rage, or in the case of romantic interests like a Soul Blazer girl just want to meet the player instead of the MCs. Psychotic breakdowns with lots of death soon ensues in most cases.
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream,
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Like is...

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018
at this point someone is going to remake the whole game before mr oni releases v1.0 anyway, since waiting is so boring does anyone know about a mod that adds some good content to teaching feelings? since that game is a lil more complete I'd like to play it again after a few years, also if possible for android thanks familee images (36).jpeg

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
I hate 4th wall breaking stuff as much as the next guy, but I can live with that as long as I get to look at that face like bro is there something wrong with me why is she so pretty
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, Gurihiru on art are one of the main reasons Unbelievable Gwenpool worked so well.
Wow, I can't imagine how much backlash there would be of Peter dying on Ultimatum, his being the only comic in the line I heard people actually liked.
I think there was only love for Samuel L Jackson, Captain America (who left Peter to die from a gunshot he took for him by the way), Iron Man and Reed Richards as Maker by the end.
Now, as I said I did not read much of his stories. He may be more than what I heard of, or he may have gotten better recently.
But at least from what I heard of, he is just... bland, and I completelly understand people thinking him a Mary Sue.
No, that's about right.
at this point someone is going to remake the whole game before mr oni releases v1.0 anyway
An attempt at that just crashed and burned a few months ago.

Jul 31, 2021
Obvious joke is obvious, but anyway. What other characters are on the poll? Not that I'd be voting for anyone other than Gwen if I was gonna, but it's nice to know about the other waifu options.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes