Sexdrake

Aug 31, 2020
Fuck no, southern goth girl isstil going strong!

>giving a shit about what current marvel writers do or say
They are a bunch of misserable activists that literally write things out of spite and hate the people that liked comics in the first place, anything they can write to piss you off, they will.
Are they even activists? Granted, I am not really a comic guy, have Batman comics from the 90's and just know some newer stories but there seems to be a gender obsession in the comics industry. Everything always comes back to this character being homosexual, or this one being asexual, or this one being bi, or this one is getting cucked etc.

I don't know if people tune in to read those stories, but that certainly wasn't the reason I read Spiderman as a kid. I want him to battle Carnage and Venom and prove his character and mettle through struggle, not watch MJ fuck someone else while Peter stews in his pity.

The X-Men were always about outcasts, but are gender issues the only thing we have to ponder about? There are a myriad of other issues they could focus on, and yet everything ends in 'this character has this sex and this gender, be proud about it! If you aren't you are x or y or z!'

After the Witcher fiasco, I have started to look at photos of writers/ producers of series I follow. After seeing the face of the producer of the latest HoD season, I instantly understood why it was terrible lesbian fanfic. It becomes so much funnier and understandeable once you realise who writes/produces the media you follow, and you promptly stop following them.

Edit: Sorry if this is going off-topic or isn't really a good topic to discuss! I don't really have an outlet to discuss these things.

Edit 2: I'm zipping it! I don't want to cause negative discussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bekai7 and splamo

Lulu66638

Jul 5, 2017
Sexdrake > you're walking on thin ice there. Personally, I agree those topics are interesting and should be debated as long as we keep it civil, but some people here think the contrary and they have the law (or at least one moderator) on their side: every attempts to talk about such things ended in massive messages deletion and users warnings.

Reactions: Bekai7 and Sexdrake

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Are they even activists? Granted, I am not really a comic guy, have Batman comics from the 90's and just know some newer stories but there seems to be a gender obsession in the comics industry. Everything always comes back to this character being homosexual, or this one being asexual, or this one being bi, or this one is getting cucked etc.

I don't know if people tune in to read those stories, but that certainly wasn't the reason I read Spiderman as a kid. I want him to battle Carnage and Venom and prove his character and mettle through struggle, not watch MJ fuck someone else while Peter stews in his pity.

The X-Men were always about outcasts, but are gender issues the only thing we have to ponder about? There are a myriad of other issues they could focus on, and yet everything ends in 'this character has this sex and this gender, be proud about it! If you aren't you are x or y or z!'

After the Witcher fiasco, I have started to look at photos of writers/ producers of series I follow. After seeing the face of the producer of the latest HoD season, I instantly understood why it was terrible lesbian fanfic. It becomes so much funnier and understandeable once you realise who writes/produces the media you follow, and you promptly stop following them.

Edit: Sorry if this is going off-topic or isn't really a good topic to discuss! I don't really have an outlet to discuss these things.
Of course they dont sell, comics are in ruins, a single manga outsells the entirety of marvel comics, theres no longer good stories being told, interesting new characters, or even an attempt to even salvage things just to drive up sells, they are entirely run by self-serving assholes.
Like, seriusly, look no further than Deadpool and Wolverine, everyone knew that movie was going to be extremely popular and drive up interest in the characters, what does marvel do as it releases? kill off Wade Wilson and replace his character with his daughter and publish a new run of Laura as "New Wolverine" (wich i always thought was a stupid ass decision and throws off the cliff years of character build on an actual character people like to add yet another "famous hero replaced by a woman"), so now if a kid wants to go to a comic store to read up on those cool guys in the movie, they are not there.

4.40 star(s) 151 Votes