Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Eh we already got two blondes I dunno, her body isn't striking either so not much sticks out. Her having goatlegs would do it lmao. And her personality kinda matches mine (Oni's interpretation not the comics) so I dunno if I'd want to date a shorter, female version of myself. Oni said Lorna would be kuudere but Wanda is an Evo girl. Honestly if the fourth girl blows the rest out of the water I may go for her instead but I think Wanda is getting my vote this time unless Oni pulls another fast one & adds two girls at once but he should stop doing that.. but I guess one girl a year isn't cutting it for him. Just anyone who's a patron like me tell Oni to fix up old art. Literally anything you can think of like changes Emma's perspective during various jobs.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Eh we already got two blondes I dunno, her body isn't striking either so not much sticks out. Her having goatlegs would do it lmao. And her personality kinda matches mine (Oni's interpretation not the comics) so I dunno if I'd want to date a shorter, female version of myself. Oni said Lorna would be kuudere but Wanda is an Evo girl. Honestly if the fourth girl blows the rest out of the water I may go for her instead but I think Wanda is getting my vote this time unless Oni pulls another fast one & adds two girls at once but he should stop doing that.. but I guess one girl a year isn't cutting it for him. Just anyone who's a patron like me tell Oni to fix up old art. Literally anything you can think of like changes Emma's perspective during various jobs.
She looks smug and like shes going to join Kitty in the tiny titty department, i am ok with this.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Idk, I remember looking up images of Magik some time ago when she was mentioned around here and I liked her (from the waist up. I hope the goat legs aren't a thing), but this one doesn't have the personality I saw in the og art. I'd like a more cold and serious gal around to contrast with the others in personality. She'd be difficult to conquer, but not dumb bitch like Jean or edgy angsty like Wanda.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Idk, I remember looking up images of Magik some time ago when she was mentioned around here and I liked her (from the waist up. I hope the goat legs aren't a thing), but this one doesn't have the personality I saw in the og art. I'd like a more cold and serious gal around to contrast with the others in personality. She'd be difficult to conquer, but not dumb bitch like Jean or edgy angsty like Wanda.
Not really. Cynical people arent that hard to please. Id know i am one.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: armond

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
That's actually why I said it's a rough sketch and I didn't think it was worth posting. There's no personality because it's a rough sketch. It's just a generic pose with a face. Usually artists will work out how they want a character to look as part of their personality. So I'll bet the next few we'll begin to see something. With this, all you can do is speculate and, ultimately, be disappointed.

Reactions: leathermax

Arrascaeta

Oct 29, 2018
yeah, wanda or lorna would be better imo

• Thinking Face

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
That's actually why I said it's a rough sketch and I didn't think it was worth posting. There's no personality because it's a rough sketch. It's just a generic pose with a face. Usually artists will work out how they want a character to look as part of their personality. So I'll bet the next few we'll begin to see something. With this, all you can do is speculate and, ultimately, be disappointed.
Sure, but giving her a bit of a colder expression in a first draft isn't that hard, considering much of the appeal of each of these characters is their personality. As it is, this Magik is kinda...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
I'm giving up on Oni making good faces. Thanks for posting it.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Sure, but giving her a bit of a colder expression in a first draft isn't that hard, considering much of the appeal of each of these characters is their personality. As it is, this Magik is kinda...
Maybe it isn't in theory, but when you're just working stuff out, you're focusing on one thing at a time. Like imagine if I asked you to write an isekai manga plot from scratch on the spot and then I go "Okay, but what's the world's currency?" And when you go "Uhh... I don't know." I reply with "Dude, making up a fake currency isn't that hard."
This is how creating a character works. This is the process that has the best chance of getting what you want. Yeah, I can use the line of "You can't do better." but I've worked and/or were coworkers and/or friends with actual directors/artists/creators of animation before and THEY often can't do better. Their first drafts (unless they get lucky AND exactly know what they want) always look blank. Like, you should see some initial concept sketches for games or animations. I literally saw one for a hentai where the artist literally made fun of himself by writing the words "No thoughts, head empty" next to one of his concept drafts of his characters.

Again, which is why I said it's a rough draft and not really worth posting. You can still see her ear through the hair. This is a digital drawing, programs with layers, and you STILL see the ear AND the skull through the hair. Hell, the filename literally has the word "sketch" in it. Like something you draw on the spot when the idea hits you. That's how rough this is.

This type of reaction is exactly I also said to agree to disagree on whether something is better than nothing. If you've ever worked a job where have to make something for a customer, you'll know that, a lot of times, showing the customer the rough draft and/or incomplete thing just disappoints them or fuels complaints which just makes the whole making process harder.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: leathermax
4.40 star(s) 153 Votes