Jonboy72

Jun 20, 2018
In the game directory, there should be some .txt files. log.txt and/or traceback.txt. Check if those exist and, if they do, see what they say. If they don't exist, it's probably a system shutdown. In which case, you might find something in the windows system logs.
Thanks for the advice but I could not sort out the problem I am afraid it is beyond my area of expertise

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
They did not
The next step would be to look at window logs. Instructions can be found here:

The logs will usually say what executable spawned what message.

If there's nothing there. The last thing to do is to start the program via command prompt as *sometimes*, executables will echo messages like errors before it dies.

If none of those pans out, you'd need someone to kinda be there. Or, at least something/someone non-asynchronous to look it over.

Jonboy72

Jun 20, 2018
The next step would be to look at window logs. Instructions can be found here:

The logs will usually say what executable spawned what message.

If there's nothing there. The last thing to do is to start the program via command prompt as *sometimes*, executables will echo messages like errors before it dies.

If none of those pans out, you'd need someone to kinda be there. Or, at least something/someone non-asynchronous to look it over.
Thanx for all of the advice much appreciated

Reactions: sleepingkirby

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Hello, does anyone know how I can solve this error, View attachment 3663054
Were you loading a save when this error showed up? If so, try a different one or start a new game and see if you run into the same error. Looking at the code, StageRight is defined but the function that's defined on line 4883 shouldn't have been defined that way (Oni defined a function with a default parameter, but default parameters can't be variables. Only scalar values and/or macros or whatever python's equivalent is.). But the only way to run into that error is if the function is being called with no parameters or lacking a sprite location. Which, shouldn't happen.

With that said, I've seen other people reporting this on android devices as well so it's possible that the packager and/or joiplay/whatever framework that's letting you play the game on android didn't do it's job right and the value is either lost or the context is lost. In which case, you'll need to take it up with the packager/framework/joiply/whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Coom

ZEROTON24K

Nov 14, 2021
Were you loading a save when this error showed up? If so, try a different one or start a new game and see if you run into the same error. Looking at the code, StageRight is defined but the function that's defined on line 4883 shouldn't have been defined that way (Oni defined a function with a default parameter, but default parameters can't be variables. Only scalar values and/or macros or whatever python's equivalent is.). But the only way to run into that error is if the function is being called with no parameters or lacking a sprite location. Which, shouldn't happen.

With that said, I've seen other people reporting this on android devices as well so it's possible that the packager and/or joiplay/whatever framework that's letting you play the game on android didn't do it's job right and the value is either lost or the context is lost. In which case, you'll need to take it up with the packager/framework/joiply/whatever.
I get this error every time I try to open the game, I did not add any previous saves or anything like that, but I think it may be an error in the version of Joiplay that I am using because it has given me errors in other games as well

Reactions: sleepingkirby
4.40 star(s) 154 Votes