Ren'Py - Completed - Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

1. 1.00 star(s)

JoJoTheJo

I read the mediocre reviews, but the design and renders really spoke to me and I decided to give it a shot despite the warnings. I thought I knew what I was getting myself into. I had no idea.

This "game" is the grindiest thing I've ever seen. I didn't even think it was possible to be this grindy. I played it for a few hours and literally almost nothing happened. At around day 15 I broke and decided to take a look at a walkthrough to see if I'm missing something vital that would make this game move along. I opened the walkthrough to a random point and saw something along the lines of "event: the tenant kisses your d*ck but is too nervous to take it further". OK, some progress, at least something is happening. Then I saw it was around week 12 or something. So, that's it for me.

tl;dr - if you don't mind sitting for literally hours clicking the same rooms, getting the same dialog, just for a bit of new dialog every once in a while (and let's be honest, the dialog is not well written, it's shallow and boring) and a timid sex scene for every 1,000,000 mouse clicks, you might not hate this game. But god knows I do.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

choontz

The writing, story, and premise are all pretty weak and contrived.

But I liked the graphics and the erotic aspects. The developer goes from really boring writing for the setting and stuff like that, to quite good erotic situations and writing! Not sure how that's possible but he does it like this and ain't nothing you can do about it. So if you're ok with suspending your disbelief a little and just accept that you're now in the dev's fantasy world where everything works weird, it's actually a very enjoyable game, I recommend it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Lukumoide

For me the game is the absolutely hammer, very good graphics, very beautiful girls and what is most important for me - it is not easy to unlock everything. For me the most important criterion is. With 99% of the games you don't have the slightest problem to unlock everything and that is in my eyes a big shortcoming. There are very few games that ask for a challenge. Some people complain that you have to repeat some things, our life consists of repetitions, we do the same food, wash and so on every day. Some people complain about slow progress, for me it makes the game more attractive. In real life, we cannot go to bed with every girl immediately. Keep it up and you can count on my support. I fell in love with this game when I first played it. The same day I switched to the Patrons. Therefore, in my eyes, absolutely five stars.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

thunda69

First you may like the slow progression, but very soon you get bored of stupid grinding through the "days" with ever repeating, wooden dialogs.
    No help system, no progression "counter", only luck will help you through. The renderings are nice, the whole idea has some potential, but a game is supposed to be fun and not repeating, stupid work.
  5. G
    3.00 star(s)

GameLover69

After playing this game for hours with no clear direction how to proceed it deserves a lower rating. It seems all that happens is grinding through the same actions every game "day". Maybe I'm missing something when clicking through the text. If the in game help on the computer was better, the game wouldn't get frustrating at times.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

BiggusDikkus

Overall, I like this game. Though, as others have already said, it is a bit grindy and sometimes with too little reward. I identify with the old man scoring with hot young girls because I too am an old flirt. Not to mention that the old man kinda looks like me...until he cut his beard...which I understand and would have done the same thing.
    Some things I would like to see are 1) Amy and /or Sandra deliberately backing into MC when he checks on them in the kitchen. That could be a bit of an afternoon delight. 2) It may be too late now but when Liza wakes up in the morning, she takes MC's cock between her thighs and gently dry humps him till she orgasms. If he awakens and notices he has the option of letting her finish herself off without interference. Or, depending on the level of her comfort, "accidentally" guides it in to her for a pleasant surprise. 3) During a nap Sandra and Amy pounce on the MC; perhaps as a dinner call ("Tuna is on the menu pops"). Perhaps eventually leading to all three girls taking advantage of an Old Man. Is he to old for three cowgirls to take turns riding the saddle horn? (Better keep the Nitro pills handy) 4) perhaps one evening, in the living room ,the girls pamper him ; it doesn't have to be sexual, but sensual, like a nice naked oil rubdown is still nice.
    cons: I am a cheap patron for this game but I think that hints should be available to any who help. Some of us are on a retirement budget.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

おい!

Based on version 7.0-beta
    I have enjoyed this slow burner of a game but there are a few negatives:
    The early versions of the game have no achievement counter, so progress is hard work.
    The MC's erect penis size changes depending on the scene.
    Not knowing where the girls are is bit of a chore until you learn the routine.

The pluses
    Nice renders and scenes, realistic body proportions of the girls.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

AnyName'llDo

Grindy, but rewarding. I enjoyed the game more as it got into the chapters with event counts listed in the corner. Early on, always knock on any doors when given the choice. Help with the kitchen cleanup. Check every room at every time if you find yourself going through several days with nothing happening. Especially if you're getting through the weekends without any events. If there were always accurate hints available at the computer for what you're missing, I would give this game five stars. The hints at the computer, when they're available, aren't always accurate. You can hold Ctrl through events you've already seen. I hope you'll enjoy it as I mostly did.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

TitseyeLoli

So....i played this game for hours....and i am stuck in a loop...ain´t nothing happening on day 86, never met her friend from school, never saw her getting outside to get some sun...only diving in the swimming pool...been following her 24/7 nothing....the game looks good but the grind is just bad
  10. 1.00 star(s)

aliceee

This game is a MAJOR grind fest, feels like a constant grind, and it makes the game even more difficult not knowing where to go, leading to you having to either check every room during every hour of the game, which is more grind, or using a Mod or walkthrough to know where the character will be, i mean c'mon, would it be so hard to put a locator or something in the game to know where the other characters are?

Like the female lead character designs, but really DISLIKE the old man main lead design.

and really wish the creator could make it possible to save whenever you want instead of locking that feature that we all use with every ren'py game to just one frame during each day....
  11. 1.00 star(s)

baka

the game offers grinding and re-starting as the main dish.
    just that deserve 1 star. he dev need to remove the "force-exit" option since it gives nothing except irritation.
    renders are ok and story writing a bit generic. old vs young is a good theme, unfortunately the gameplay is destroying any pleasure.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Lgn332

Good game that builds it's pace slowly. The MC won't start bedding the girls from the start, which from my point of view is something good.
    Worse part is that it takes a lot of nonsense "clicking" so this mod (Amy Locator by [ea3794]) is a must.
    With it this game becomes excellent.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

tazaaron

This is a tough one for me as I love the story and renders but I hate the grind. But as a fan of older/younger and realistic models instead of giant breasts everywhere this is a must game to play. Sometimes you get lost and cant advance but the walkthrough eliminates a lot of this but then your playing from a script which I dont like.

Overall its a good game, story thought threw, petite girls and a old man that looks like an old man. Game is also updated regualry , no waiting every 3 months.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Sin-X

I really want to like this game, but I just can't.... the render quality is okay could use a little bit of work in some places, for the most part the girls look attractive and the scenes while jumping from one image to another at high pace are decent enough ( seriously change the scenes to full animations >.< )

Hell even the story while not totally original isn't that bad, yes it befalls the same downfalls as many other games i.e: overly stupid females that will fool for absolutely anything without remotely questioning it, unrealistic situations that would never occur in real life and even if they did would never follow the path they do in this game, an MC who seems to be able to sherlock his way through any situation with some quick ingenuity and random items that he purchases with cash that comes from fuck knows where....?

That said render quality can always be redone/improved and rediculous storylines can be forgiven since this is not real life but a fantasy story set in fantasy reality

This brings to me the big downfall of the game and you will see a re-occuring theme here so ill try to keep it breif.

V3.5 Introduces "30" <----(according to ingame counter) odd events this more accurately represents 5-6 events that you play over and over slowly gaining more of the scene with each run through

V4.0 Introduces "50" <----(according to ingame counter) odd events this more accurately represents 6-8 events same as before.

V5.0 Introduces "100" <----(according to ingame counter) odd events this more accurately represents 3-4 events same as before.

The event count seems to get higher but the amount of actual full scenes added to game seems to become less or if not less always more repetitive.

This strikes me as way to drag out the game for as long as possibly without putting in much new content while disguising it under the elaborate illusion that dev/team has worked his/there asses off.

I guess my final conclusion for the game and suggestion for the developing team is that you have a great start to a game here, that coupled with some fine tuning could create and extreamly enjoyable experience for the end users.

Please for the love of god find a way to extend the games play time without scene repetition its fine when it's 4-5 repeats for a full scene i.e teaching a girl to give a blowjob but when your entire update is 50 odd repetitions of the same scene it gets shitty real fast.

NOTES TO ENDS USERS
    If you haven't played it please do give the game a try it 100% has potential, but be prepared for a bit of a grind.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Wigl81

Finally a game with no incest and with beautiful girls who have normal bodys and not super huges breasts and butts. It's a bit too grindy and sometimes it is easy to get stuck because you missed a certain event and there is no guide line what can be frustrating, so only 4 stars.
    It is still under development and you can see improvements with every update. When they somehow find a way to guide the player a bit more, it will be a 5 star game.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

aranaaa

One of best games out there so far - good for people who don't just want instant rewards - girls are cute, story is good. A bit different in style than many other games but playable and fun if you actually learn schedules and try different things. Don't expect it to guide you through everything perfectly.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

BobTheWankerDK

A game with very much potential, but the grind and the gameover choices can't give a better score.

Getting the hints from the pc helps a bit, but that only helps for so long, when the game suddenly screws you over, because you can't do stuff you should be able to for a long time.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

StruggsAnon

Robotic dialogue, Low quality renders, Grindy gameplay. Restriction on saves mixed in with instant wrong choice gameovers. Game gives very little direction on what you're supposed to do. Hidden Variables that dictate the progress of the game. Game literally recommends contacting the Dev for Hints.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1339526

The game requires way too much grinding with very little variance. Often you find yourself grinding for a good 10 minutes before you are presented with one new image. The renders are ok and there are no animations.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

maxx mad

This kind of Ren'py sandbox game isn't new and isn't so good as it is, i feel like it should be improved upon, as it was already.

- Grindy
    - Searching for H-scenes is like trying to find a needle in a haystack
    - When you find one, it's underwhelming
    - How to make a H-game without trying very hard
    - No improvement that has been made over the years to the genre won't show up here

It's just a waste of time, play it only if you like low content grindfest or like the models so much you can endure hell.