Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Exis20

Jul 1, 2017
I've received another report of the same problem, but I'll need your help in tracking down the problem. Try downloading the mod again, and make sure it's in the 'game' folder (along with 'scripts.rpa'). Make sure it's called 'walkthrough.rpy', and delete any 'walkthrough.rpyc' file. Then start a new game, and check if the cheat button shows up. Then try loading your latest save and check if the cheat button shows up. Then check if 'walkthrough.rpy' is still in the game folder (there should be a new walkthrough.rpyc file now as well).

If it still doesn't work, report back if the cheat button showed up in either case, and if 'walkthrough.rpy' was still there afterwards.
That worked, thank you

Reactions: NightTrain

Wolf1114

May 7, 2017
Hello, i've got a question I got the v1.16.0 and am playing in game lvl v14 and it seems I'm missing events 69 and 70 but mod's gone white, and after a while of trying multiple things out, and even asking in the main game's thread, without an answer... I gotta ask, what do I have to do?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Hello, i've got a question I got the v1.16.0 and am playing in game lvl v14 and it seems I'm missing events 69 and 70 but mod's gone white, and after a while of trying multiple things out, and even asking in the main game's thread, without an answer... I gotta ask, what do I have to do?
Looks like a bug in the game, on line 72 of washing_room.rpy. You can try dropping the attached updated washing_room.rpy file into your game folder. I think renpy will execute this version instead of the version in scripts.rpa (or it'll cause the game to crash, one of the two!). Then go to the washing room between 10 and 19h to talk with Emily. This should give you event 69, and event 70 should trigger the following day. Please let me know if that works or not.

Alternatively (and probably safer), you can download the newest version of the mod (v1.16.1), which automatically patches this bug.

Last edited:

Wolf1114

May 7, 2017
Looks like a bug in the game, on line 72 of washing_room.rpy. You can try dropping the attached updated washing_room.rpy file into your game folder. I think renpy will execute this version instead of the version in scripts.rpa (or it'll cause the game to crash, one of the two!). Then go to the washing room between 10 and 19h to talk with Emily. This should give you event 69, and event 70 should trigger the following day. Please let me know if that works or not.

Alternatively (and probably safer), you can download the newest version of the mod (v1.16.1), which automatically patches this bug.
It does work, thanks!
I also tried deleting washing_room.rpy and rpyc and try the new 1.16.1 but it doesn't seem to work for me tho.
So yeah, it seems "washing_room.rpy" works but not the mod.

Reactions: NightTrain

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
It does work, thanks!
I also tried deleting washing_room.rpy and rpyc and try the new 1.16.1 but it doesn't seem to work for me tho.
So yeah, it seems "washing_room.rpy" works but not the mod.
Thanks for letting me know! After two dumb mistakes on my part, I've now fixed the mod because of your feedback.

Reactions: Wolf1114
May 20, 2018
I've received another report of the same problem, but I'll need your help in tracking down the problem. Try downloading the mod again, and make sure it's in the 'game' folder (along with 'scripts.rpa'). Make sure it's called 'walkthrough.rpy', and delete any 'walkthrough.rpyc' file. Then start a new game, and check if the cheat button shows up. Then try loading your latest save and check if the cheat button shows up. Then check if 'walkthrough.rpy' is still in the game folder (there should be a new walkthrough.rpyc file now as well).

If it still doesn't work, report back if the cheat button showed up in either case, and if 'walkthrough.rpy' was still there afterwards.
i had the same problem, but you just have to skip few day and i will work

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
im stuck on 52/54 please help
You'll need to provide more information! Either post your latest save, or at least report which specific events you're missing by providing the information you see when you hover the mouse over the "Cheat" button.

Thelegistic

May 1, 2019
You'll need to provide more information! Either post your latest save, or at least report which specific events you're missing by providing the information you see when you hover the mouse over the "Cheat" button.
Nevermind it says not available until V3.6

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Im on level V10 and im missing event 15
It's one of the events in the pool, involving putting suntan lotion on Rebecca. If you can still trigger the pool events, and can still talk to Rebecca, you can try to find it, but that part of the game is hugely complicated and I don't have time to figure out how to get there.

If you can't trigger the event on your own (you aren't missing much), you can skip the event by entering the Console (press SHIFT-O), and then entering these commands exactly:
a10_15 = 1​
events += 1​
exit​
The level should end when you go to sleep.

SkepSyS

Oct 2, 2020
I love your mod but can I make a request ... can you change the colors ... I am a discromat and don't see any difference in light green red ... you get it... maybe we can use some other colors or tell me how to change them... blues are so nice :)))

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I love your mod but can I make a request ... can you change the colors ... I am a discromat and don't see any difference in light green red ... you get it... maybe we can use some other colors or tell me how to change them... blues are so nice :)))
I think the best thing (and easiest for me!) would be for you to pick your own colors. Just edit the walkthrough.rpy file using your favorite text editor (or Notepad), go to line 922, and you should see the line
item[1].color = "#00cc00";
This line sets the color for the preferred choice. The 00cc00 is the hexadecimal RGB code for light green. Change it to 0000ff for dark blue. You can use a color picker (google 'color picker' if you need help) if you want to find a different color. You can also change the colors of the other options in the getColor function in the lines just after 922.

Reactions: SkepSyS

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
the cheat button showed up in the corner but the locations aren't showing any colors. all greyed.
What color is the cheat button? Try clicking once on it once and see if that helps. If not, you'll have to post your save file so I can look more deeply into the problem.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes