• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Slickjack

May 29, 2020
Just played through the 16a game using the 15 walkthrough mod. Worked like a charm except for the business of always having the sleep in Amy's room invites and action turn up marked green. I think it has to do with the toggle of the Swimming Pool (admire the treasures) selection.

-sj

Reactions: Burt

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Just played through the 16a game using the 15 walkthrough mod. Worked like a charm except for the business of always having the sleep in Amy's room invites and action turn up marked green. I think it has to do with the toggle of the Swimming Pool (admire the treasures) selection.

-sj
Yes, it would be nice to fix that bug in the mod, which has been around for months, but the problem is pretty fundamental to the way the mod is written. The mod works by "playing" every possible choice at the beginning of each turn, looking for choices where "something interesting" happens, such as a new event. But some choices don't lead directly to a new event, but instead set a flag in the game that will enable a new event later in the day. When the mod detects that one of these flags has been set, it "plays" the future event to see if something interesting will happen, so it can inform the player whether or not it's worth doing whatever is necessary to set the flag now.

The problem is when you talk to Liza in the evening, the game sets a flag to let the game know you'll be sleeping with Liza that night. And, if "something interesting" is going to happen when you sleep with Liza, then the mod recommends that you talk to Liza in the evening, so you can sleep with her. That's fine, but if "something interesting" is going to happen at night, regardless of whether you sleep with Liza or not, the mod still recommends you talk to Liza, just in case that's the only way to see the "something interesting" content. I can't think of an easy fix for this, other than manually modifying the mod for each release, which I don't want to do because it increases the likelihood the mod will miss some important events.

But anyway, the game is now finished, so it doesn't matter anyway. And I have no idea if I'll be able to get a mod working for the next game (or whatever the dev is calling V17).

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Thanks for this mod.. I am playing ( or trying to ) V16.0beta it seems to work pretty good but I have a couple of questions or comments. I have a bad problem with rollback ( which is Disabled ) the scenes keep going back to a beginning or even previous!! Also loosing a ton of Amy points at night from say 128 back to 120 in morning ( weird ) Same when she falls on slippery floor on Sat and Sun 138 back to 120
Right now I seem to be stuck trying to get past Event 44 it says : Game Level 3.6 Event 44 cant find any info there either.
The Mod has made it a Shitload easier to move forward.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks for this mod.. I am playing ( or trying to ) V16.0beta it seems to work pretty good but I have a couple of questions or comments. I have a bad problem with rollback ( which is Disabled ) the scenes keep going back to a beginning or even previous!! Also loosing a ton of Amy points at night from say 128 back to 120 in morning ( weird ) Same when she falls on slippery floor on Sat and Sun 138 back to 120
Right now I seem to be stuck trying to get past Event 44 it says : Game Level 3.6 Event 44 cant find any info there either.
The Mod has made it a Shitload easier to move forward.
Setting Amy's points back to 120 every night is normal. There's an upper limit on the points that changes with how much other progress you've made in the game, and the points are set back to the upper limit every night. I'm not sure why rollback isn't working, but will look into it. You'll have to post a save if you want help on how to move past event 44.

Tobstar

Apr 24, 2017
Great mod - always worked - but in the 16a version i can not see the cheats button at the left bottom screen anymore to switch on the color coded selections > any ideas ??

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Great mod - always worked - but in the 16a version i can not see the cheats button at the left bottom screen anymore to switch on the color coded selections > any ideas ??
Hmm, no real idea, but let's check if the game is corrupting the mod of vice versa. Try downloading the mod again, and make sure it's in the 'game' folder (along with 'scripts.rpa'). Make sure it's called 'walkthrough.rpy', and delete any 'walkthrough.rpyc' file. The start a new game, and check if the cheat button shows up. Then try loading your latest save and check if the cheat button shows up. Then check if 'walkthrough.rpy' is still in the game folder (there should be a new walkthrough.rpyc file now as well.

If it still doesn't work, report back if the cheat button showed up in either case, and if 'walkthrough.rpy' was still there afterwards.

blabla2020

Mar 18, 2020
Thank you for your mod - I have read through all of the previous entries, but cannot figure out what I am missing:
screen 2020-11-01 kl. 10.46.02.png
Can YOU help me?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Setting Amy's points back to 120 every night is normal. There's an upper limit on the points that changes with how much other progress you've made in the game, and the points are set back to the upper limit every night. I'm not sure why rollback isn't working, but will look into it. You'll have to post a save if you want help on how to move past event 44.
Thanks NT I finely trudged through it and found it on a weekend event.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thank you for your mod - I have read through all of the previous entries, but cannot figure out what I am missing:
View attachment 881822
Can YOU help me?
Alright, so you've got your work cut out for you! To move forward, go to the bathroom at 8AM to get clean, and then skip hours until midnight and go to the bathroom. Don't go anywhere else before then (other than to take a shower in the morning), even if they're highlighted in green - just skip hours. Select "Open Door" and "Watch Her". Then skip hours until midnight the following night, go to the bathroom and Select "Open Door", "Interrupt Her", and "Don't Leave". Then skip hours again until the midnight the following night and go to the bathroom. Select the same choices again. Remember, all you can do is go to the bathroom in the morning to get clean, and go to the bathroom at midnight to talk to Joye. After you've talked to Joye in the bathroom at midnight three days in a row, you're free to continue the game as per normal. It'll take a while to finish V11, because you still have a lot of outstanding scenes with Joye. Make use of the "skip hour" feature and the SHIFT key, since you'll mostly have only one action per day. It'll take you another 9-10 days to finish V11.

Reactions: lordofevilcr

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
¿Cuándo saldrá también este mod para Android por la guía que no me ha servido?
When will this mod for Android also come out because the guide has not helped me?
Unfortunately I don't know anything about releasing software for Android. Perhaps the person who wrote Post #222 can help you.

Reactions: lordofevilcr

Exis20

Jul 1, 2017
Need a little help. I have the v16 Beta of the game and I followed the instructions to install the mod into the /game directory. When I open the game and load or start new game, choices are not highlighted, nor are the rooms when you're allowed to free roam. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to do something to enable the mod? If it helps I've never played this game and at very beginning.

Last edited:

Lito69

Nov 7, 2019
I understand it is not supposed to work for Mac but has anybody managed to make it work ?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Need a little help. I have the v16 Beta of the game and I followed the instructions to install the mod into the /game directory. When I open the game and load or start new game, choices are not highlighted, nor are the rooms when you're allowed to free roam. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to do something to enable the mod? If it helps I've never played this game and at very beginning.
I've received another report of the same problem, but I'll need your help in tracking down the problem. Try downloading the mod again, and make sure it's in the 'game' folder (along with 'scripts.rpa'). Make sure it's called 'walkthrough.rpy', and delete any 'walkthrough.rpyc' file. Then start a new game, and check if the cheat button shows up. Then try loading your latest save and check if the cheat button shows up. Then check if 'walkthrough.rpy' is still in the game folder (there should be a new walkthrough.rpyc file now as well).

If it still doesn't work, report back if the cheat button showed up in either case, and if 'walkthrough.rpy' was still there afterwards.

Reactions: Exis20

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Guys my game always resets to Amy 70 everytime I go higher than 70
There are hard caps on how high your relationship can go - it if goes higher than the cap it gets reset at the end of the day. The cap increases with each level in the game you complete. Eventually the cap will go up to 150.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes