2.20 star(s) 25 Votes

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Everything will be fine at some point.

99% of players only want the clothing mods and a translation anyway, if the past is anything to go by.

Aside from that... do modders really expect that Illusion will not use IL2CPP for whatever follows after RommGirl?
The next "Artificial Girl" aka "AIS" or whatever it will be called will probably use it too, since it will be based on RoomGirl, just as RG is based on the previous games: AIS -> HS2 -> RG -> ??

None of these things stopped Modders in the past, why would it now?
Things were a lot more annoying 15 years ago, and we still had mods, it just was not "click and apply".

Also, this very thread already has some ported mods/tools in it... so...

Its already a dead Game from the beginning...
Maybe for the weird mods that people create, but not for the majority of players that just want to look at some pussy.

Existance of Mods does not equal death of a game.
AG3 had almost no mods, yet people still played it, or Artificial Academy, Sexy Beach... you name it.

I cam certainly play RG without having 100 mods I never use anyway, since I dont use them in AIS or HS2...

Last edited:

bishinsenso

Dec 13, 2018
People that program plugins for Illusion Soft games exclusively worked with Mono.

Vast majority of erogame be it western or eastern compiled their games in Mono as that was established.
Mono is by now 15 years old and IL2CPP is half that, only recently did Unity set latter as default compiler.
Because of that development for BepInEx to support IL2CPP started only rather recently.

Though at least majority of development here on out with BepInEx will focus on IL2CPP.
Since more and more erogames made in Unity are compiled with IL2CPP compiler.
Due to using newer versions of Unity engine where it is set as default compiler.

Thus can be seen when never games perform much better than older ones.

SpockBauru

Modder
Nov 6, 2018
It seems that there's a lot of confusion about the modding issues regarding Room Girl. Here some info about what is happening. Hope this clarifies things and tone down the discussions:

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
I wouldnt say "confusion", but rather weird statements, which spark debate.

Stuff like "there wont be mods" is just wrong, there are already mods right now, some of which can even be found by using google. (if "Room Girl" wasnt such a stupid name for a game to google.)

We wont have something like "kplug" or "DHH", "Better Penetration" on release - maybe never, or the material editor - but there will still be mods aside from these.

I just checked, there are even mods installed in the current repack, or what do people think where the 6th face comes from, that didnt belong to the maker by default?
So, if we can port faces, we most likely can also port the vast majority of clothing mods, uncensors etc. which all are mods.

Mods and Plugins are not the same thing (in that context), so people should stop using the word "Mod" so lightly and be more precise.

Last edited:
Reactions: bishinsenso
Mar 17, 2019
Already someone that doesn't understand anything has popped up in here, only plugins are not compatible.
Everything else is compatible or may need minor tweaks to work in Room Girl in basic form of hardmod.
Honey Select 1 and PlayHome to this very day get new hardmods for which we don't hear much complaints.

View attachment 2066021
I was just repeating what some modders said.
And yes, I have no idea about modding.
I only know how to get finished mods into the games and that's enough for me

KiraKiraKira

Aug 27, 2018
Of course there is, Otherwise, how can you explain the 17 pages of comments in this thread?
I was wondering what you were smoking because there was obviously only four pages of comments, then realized my layout is set to 100 posts per page. Whoops.

It's not really hype I feel, more like cautious optimism with a large anvil of crushed hopes hanging overhead.

2.20 star(s) 25 Votes