2.20 star(s) 25 Votes

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
I do wonder why they won't go to Unreal Engine by now. Hell I still like AA2 way more than the lag fest Koikatsu(I know it lags because of mods but w/e). Since the lazy they can just port shit over easily since mods animations way better than vanilla ones.
Ehm, UE isn't the magical "make good game" engine you seem to think it is. It would be a horrible idea for them to switch to UE, it would just require them to pour a lot of research and development into getting stuff running in the first place, and it'd probably run worse.

Bad development is bad, no matter the engine, tons of great games have been made with unity, tons of bad games have been made with UE. Gotta hand it to Epic marketing for keeping people believing it's the magical bullet for good games though.

It would also pretty much kill off what little is left of their modding appeal, Unity is insanely modfriendly out of the box.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Any details on this?
Curious now if this is real, and if so, what kind of stuff.
He means asset flip of their own stuff, which they always do. Nobody is accusing them of stealing assets.
It is just that they always re-use old animations from the previous games and stuff like that.
Hell, from what I saw this game barely has any new animations. It is just stuff from Play Home and HS2/AIS.

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
He means asset flip of their own stuff, which they always do. Nobody is accusing them of stealing assets.
It is just that they always re-use old animations from the previous games and stuff like that.
Hell, from what I saw this game barely has any new animations. It is just stuff from Play Home and HS2/AIS.
+1 on this
Illusion is famous for reusing from their old games. Animations, assets, whole maps...
There are still things in HS2 tracable to like their 2013 games.

I have objections with illusion, but they do not make asset flips. They occasionally use assets from the asset store, but they incorporate those properly, so that is not a flip.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
We do all know, but the tooling for IL2CPP is not mature yet.

This is on illusion, they jumped into it due to laziness, they ought to make their games better instead of trying to cheat with changing from Mono to IL2CPP. Seems to have paid off for performance, but equivalent exchange, it seems to have doomed the game to a failure. Time will show though.

Make no mistake: They didn't move to IL2CPP due to some 'new functionality' spell or anything, it's a way to attempt to avoid needing to make proper improvements.

Seems Japanese users are tripping around waiting for UncensorSelector, ABMX, Wideslider, Overlay... so this will hurt their home market as well, not just the western market.
It is what it is. Either we abandon Illusion modding, or we start from scratch.

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Meh, the game feels weird.

Their TAA also is horrible, wth.

In the end, it has a bit more gameplay than HS2, but AIS (aka AG4) still is the best out of the "current gen, non anime games" from Illusion.

M18Hellcat

May 13, 2021
Ah.
Yeah...

Feels like all their games from the last couple of years are the same assets with the same animations and just some new shaders thrown in.

liberame

Jun 8, 2018
I'm getting a crash on load, when I toggle the console on from the initsetting program, the game seems to crash with the error:

xunity autotranslator: An Error Occurred while setting up UI

Edit: Google ain't got shit. Gonna try to snag a screencap.

Last edited:

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
You need to download both parts of the game. You only have *.7z.001 in your folder. Then try unzipping part 1 again.

Also, get rid of WinRAR if you can, and use 7zip instead.

I prefer WinRAR because it has the option to open the extracted file location after it's done. Something that 7zip, for some bizarre reason I can't begin to fathom, lacks.

yagamid

Oct 28, 2019
Anyone know how to turn off that stupid map during H-Screen ?

My PC wasted too much resources on that stupid map !
Plus there are lots of stuff blocking my view... T_T

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
Instructions haven't been translated yet so I gave up, but at a glance it looks like Illusion tried making the Sims.

Reactions: todzy

Baserios

Dec 12, 2018
game greats. but I NEED MORE GIRLS!!!
is there site that share card yet? patiently waiting...

Seinks

Mar 17, 2018
This game feels like an alpha version...
For example: I take guy A to park and girl B to park and they can't interact.
If I got to the clinic as a man all I can do is pay the examination fee.
And the list goes on and on...
If they added more interactions, polished it a bit more, this game could be great but as it is now it's quite lacking...

2.20 star(s) 25 Votes