Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
There's really not enough content in the demo to judge whether this is going to be a good game or not. That said, it seems to me that the MC just lacked the proper tools to make past renter-tenant relationships work.

Roomies1.png roomies2.jpg roomies3.png
Needed: Ball-gag ________________ Needed: Chasity Belt _____________ Needed: Spanking Paddle

Hope he's learned from his past mistakes :LOL:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Well, what can I say about this demo?

The story seems well written, CG is good and Ren'Py is working nicely, the dev hasn't ruined its menus nor tried to disable its functionality.
Storywise: this isn't even a full prologue of the story, only a tiny part of it. You can only meet a nerdy guy who moves out (and therefore probably won't play any significant role in the game) and a bunch of memories about awful experiences with female tenants in the past. You don't even get to meet the new tenant or tenants, you will get no idea what kind of a story it will turn out to be. There are no roomies there at this point that the name of the game is talking about, so the demo isn't demonstrating much of anything. No girls in the banner to see anywhere, so it might classify as false advertising :rolleyes:

So I would rather call it a tech or (dev) skill demo, rather than a full demo of the game, since the engine tech is a standard Ren'Py and this demo only demonstrates CG and some writing skill of the dev.

We'll have to wait for a full demo or a first part of the game to get any idea about the actual game, I guess. Right now there's really nothing to see in there.

Last edited:

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
+ Georges looks hilarious, like a 12 year old with a hint of a beard

- All the girls in the b/w flashback are kinda ugly

Crazy little content. Georges and naked dudes make up 50% of the renders. The rest is mediocre looking chicks. I was kinda bored and as a first impression, this wasn't very interesting. It's like 2 minutes of actual gameplay if you're a quick reader. What's the point?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well, what can I say about this demo?

The story seems well written, CG is good and Ren'Py is working nicely, the dev hasn't ruined its menus nor tried to disable its functionality.
Storywise: this isn't even a full prologue of the story, only a tiny part of it. You can only meet a nerdy guy who moves out (and therefore probably won't play any significant role in the game) and a bunch of memories about awful experiences with female tenants in the past. You don't even get to meet the new tenant or tenants, you will get no idea what kind of a story it will turn out to be. There are no roomies there at this point that the name of the game is talking about, so the demo isn't demonstrating much of anything. No girls in the banner to see anywhere, so it might classify as false advertising :rolleyes:

So I would rather call it a tech or (dev) skill demo, rather than a full demo of the game, since the engine tech is a standard Ren'Py and this demo only demonstrates CG and some writing skill of the dev.

We'll have to wait for a full demo or a first part of the game to get any idea about the actual game, I guess. Right now there's really nothing to see in there.
Soooo long story .. err ... review short .. DEv has no skills at all, just let Ren'Py run its course and ... absolutely no skill or tendency to work on any renders past photo studio mannequins hangin' 'round;)!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Soooo long story .. err ... review short .. DEv has no skills at all, just let Ren'Py run its course and ... absolutely no skill or tendency to work on any renders past photo studio mannequins hangin' 'round;)!
You know, it's not what I said. At all. Not even close. :(

I said that CG is good (enough) and writing also so far. Keeping Ren'Py's default menus is a good thing. You can redesign it by using fancy backgrounds and fonts and you can improve it by adding functionality to it and it's all good. Limiting functionality is not.
In this case it's all good so far.

What this demo is lacking is content. This is not a classical demo of a game that is usually the same as a prologue to a story. From the main characters only the MC is introduced here, none of the other main characters, none of those mentioned in the title and none of the ones you can see in the banner or the main menu. No roomies in a game called Roomies.
You get zero idea of how the story will unroll or what like it's going to be. 61 full renders and most of them of a character that isn't going to be in the game!

It looks like the first half of the prologue at best, dropped at some random point in the middle.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for your gracious in depth response to this game and going an actual feed back discussion going;)!

Dev ... Yo, Dev!!! Start pumping those renders in ... we have to see what roomies we got;)!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You ain't seen nu-thin' yet .. If you have the guts to check out tiff sig from the far right:eek:o_O:eek::oops::eek:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. see ... there is all the problem ... on the precipice of greatness ... most devs fall hard ..
on their face and never recover ... hope the feed back gets put to good use...

Yo, dev! This is how you make a game exciting:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

Crixom

Jul 31, 2017
Hello, and thank you for your interest in the game. I'm pleasantly surprised by the comments. They're really constructive, and some are even nice AND encouraging. So thank you for those too.
I know this demo is ridiculously short, but at some point, I needed a release (hum...)... Many reasons for that, I originally started working on a more ambitious game, and then switched to Roomies. And because I wrote a detailed synopsis of everything that will (if everything turns out right) happen in the game, spent time creating some custom characters (not all of them, only the more important ones), among many other things, I needed to see the project advance, and share it. Like many other devs, I have a full time job besides the development of this game. So you are right, it could be my main weakness.

Some words on the next update: all the main characters will make an appearance in the prologue (there's a description of all of them on my patreon page, and some information on the Gameplay too). Next update should also be longer, and will engage the story.
I guess I was right not to force the "gay atmosphere" from the beginning (it helps explaining the uneasiness of MC with women, and I admit I found it fun and wanted to confuse the player a bit ^^).
I hope you'll be entertained by the game and find it refreshing to some extent!

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
Interesting... but I have a mac so I'll have to see if it will run under Parallels...

Top of page graphic looks good ... but the screenshots look a little sketchy...
Hope it looks good when it gets some significant content.
Hey sort of a OS guy. If you are using Parallels try VMWare Fusion. It is cheaper and alot better. The snapshot feature is great and lets you have a lot of different builds at your finger tips. I use it on my mac for both Windows and Linux build I like to run and use for testing.

PS. Let me know if we chould make a tech thread. I would be glad to help and give info on questions anyone might have. Also on hacking, cracking, and security

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
I may try but not until the Demo tatg is gone and know there will be more than just a little content. The pics are nice but cant say more till I play.

Thanks and good luck with the game!!!

Oct 4, 2017
Why o' why do devs release "demos" like this? It isn't a demo - it doesn't demonstrate anything. Its literally just an introduction to the game. There's no choices or gameplay and it doesn't give the player any idea of what the game is.

Wait until you actually have something of value to show it! *Rant over*

Reactions: Lerd0

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
that is a pretty big house..for a single guy..to only take in one dame tenant...still a massive waste...am sure there are plenty more university dames needing affordable housing whilst they learn a skill that will be outdated 38 minutes after graduation...so..open your heart homeowner..let at least..AT LEAST 3 in...otherwise..nice demo...

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* I really hope Georges is important later in the game, considering the amount of time we're spending with him. It feels like all of this could have easily been explained in a paragraph or two, or if we're going to see him again, some of it could have been told later. Of course, he could be intended to be a Liam.

* Could we please get on with it? This opening is taking way too long.

* This could easily have started with "This is my parent's house"

* Unless the house only belonged to one of the MC's parents, it should be "parents'", not "parent's"

* "huge invests" should be "huge investments"

* Is the room being rented or is it for free. I'm confused.

* Yeah, we got some Engrish. I've seen much worse, but a translator is needed.

Based on this demo, I' m not sure why I would want to play this. It's way too verbose, there's no sex, and while there's potential for something good later on, I'm really not seeing what I want to see.

Reactions: Armelle69

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
Ok the demo is just about how he rented to girls and wished he had not done so.
The starting was a lot more interesting where one of his "roommates" was moving out with a couple of choices you make
then it went into why he refuses to rent to females which I could care less about

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
What even is this? What man allows random men to just be in his house? A naked man tries to join you in the shower and all you do is raise your voice? I'm not a man and even I know that breaks some kind of code. You find our your tenant is a prostitute letting men run trains on her in your house and the first thing you think of is me next?
All of this just rubs me completely the wrong way lol How you not knock a single person out? He literally sat his naked ass on your chair eating your food :oops:

andupreda

Nov 27, 2018
What the hack is this ? This is not even a game .. is just a preview of a silly story ... WARNING !!!

THIS IS NOT YET A GAME , don't bother to download this is nothing to play yet!