3.20 star(s) 32 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
That's a true matter of perspective AFTER knowing the alternative scenario so it (imho) actually IS avoidable. If the player chooses to leave (for CatSolo scene or otherwise) then technically the player has no idea what is or is not going on in Stu's room. I'm not trying to instigate anything but in all fairness it's completely avoidable (again, imho).

Take this perspective: A new player who has no idea what's to be expected with anything (has never read this thread or any other "spoiler") and fires up the game for the very first time, gets to this choice and chooses to leave. They have no idea what if anything occurred. That "issue" has been therefore been avoided.

Sidenote: The next update push of SanchoMod will clarify this a bit more:
View attachment 1918001
No offense, cause the work you put in the mod is really well done, but isn't it misleading to label it as "Cat Duo" when it doesn't mention the realty of what that duo IS. Not judging, but if i click Cat Duo, I'm assuming it isn't just a normal sex scene otherwise it'd just mention 1 character. I'm like "Threesome? Nice, I wonder who the other girl is" not to expect me to be doing it with another guy. It should be marked MMF somewhere in the mod no?

As far as the perspective goes, yeah, that's how it SHOULD go. But the Devs here are pretty clear that we NEED to see fucking of other LI's in this game, if not, we should be aware that there is nothing that can be done about it when you're not there. In most games, there are girls that have boyfriends and girlfriends, we KNOW they fuck, but we don't hear about it and it's not even a little bit of a problem. In this game it was pushed, stained and impressed upon us that this not only happens, but that's the ONLY way you'll interact with certain characters: "buddy, you get to tag yourself in! DOUBLE TEAM!"

So again, perspective-wise, it SHOULD be avoidable, but we keep getting told: "No, in fact, they were fucking before you got there, they'll fuck while you're in class, and while you're thinking of her at night... yup, they're doing it then too." Exaggeration mind you, but definitely the vibe I get.

Once again, the work you did on the mod is damn slick! Have a nice day!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No offense, cause the work you put in the mod is really well done, but isn't it misleading to label it as "Cat Duo" when it doesn't mention the realty of what that duo IS. Not judging, but if i click Cat Duo, I'm assuming it isn't just a normal sex scene otherwise it'd just mention 1 character. I'm like "Threesome? Nice, I wonder who the other girl is" not to expect me to be doing it with another guy. It should be marked MMF somewhere in the mod no?
No offense taken bud, I assure you. I simply offered my personal opinion and that's all it is. I could expand on the guide but I honestly think that since the VN automatically warns of the scenario during the first time the choice is encountered that it was sufficient. It walks you through the voyeur scenarios including lesbo. If the player is honest during the answering of those initial questions then there's no assumption that they are missing out on a MFF, ain't it? " I would never want to watch someone else having sex " and " I would only watch lesbians " are clearly asked.

I'm assuming that if a player clicks a choice that says they don't like brussel sprouts and then later scoops a big pile of them onto their dinner plate then that's on them. But that's just my take.

Last edited:

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
No offense taken bud, I assure you. I simply offered my personal opinion and that's all it is. I could expand on the guide but I honestly think that since the VN automatically warns of the scenario during the first time the choice is encountered that it was sufficient. It walks you through the voyeur scenarios including lesbo. If the player is honest during the answering of those initial questions then there's no assumption that they are missing out on a MFF, ain't it? " I would never want to watch someone else having sex " and " I would only watch lesbians " are clearly asked.

I'm assuming that if a player clicks a choice that says they don't like brussel sprouts and then later scoops a big pile of them onto their dinner plate then that's on them. But that's just my take.
Okay, that solves that problem, but isn't it you that just said that we don't KNOW it happens? Yet we've had enough warning to know that MMF is happening, but not enough to know that it COULD be happening? I'm confused. But now that I know it was your perspective/opinion, I guess it doesn't matter.

Let me know if you do similarly good mods for other games :)

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
But the Devs here are pretty clear that we NEED to see fucking of other LI's in this game, if not, we should be aware that there is nothing that can be done about it when you're not there. In most games, there are girls that have boyfriends and girlfriends, we KNOW they fuck, but we don't hear about it and it's not even a little bit of a problem. In this game it was pushed, stained and impressed upon us that this not only happens, but that's the ONLY way you'll interact with certain characters: "buddy, you get to tag yourself in! DOUBLE TEAM!"
In this update, there is no need to see NPC's fucking. It's up to the player, so far. It makes sense that to interact with a slutty character, you'll need to put up with them being sluts. It also makes sense that a slutty character gets more lewd content early in the game.

I don't recall that the Devs said something that it was mandatory to watch others fucking in order to progress with the story. For what is there so far, you can also choose to focus on the other (not slutty) characters at the "expense" of missing out on content of the more slutty ones.

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Devlog #8 - Save game naming & Android

Welcome back. It's been a week now since the first release of Rovering to Sussex. We're still watching your feedback and bug reports, but after a few busy first days, we can now also look forward. I want to apologize for the few but pretty serious issues with the first release. Luckily we could solve them quickly and everything should hopefully be alright now. Still, if you find anything more, whether it's serious bugs or small typo, please contact us. Keep in mind that this was a very first release with a new technology (RenPy 8 released just days earlier) so the release of future chapters should be smoother with less issues. We're also always happy to hear more of your feedback.

While we are already working hard on Chapter 2, you might have played the first one more than once already and be looking to organizing your saved games. That (and the Android release) is what today's devlog is about.

(Re-)Naming saved games

Many (RenPy) games allow you to name your saved games, but I think we did something special in RtS: You don't have to name your games before saving them and you can rename them at any time. How do you do that? You might have already seen the hint on the bottom of the Save menu (and the Load menu as well - yes, you can name and rename your saves also from the Load menu!): You just hover over the saved game and start typing!

savename.png

You can do this at any time without having to load the respective saved game.
Also, if you haven't seen it yet: The save menu is colored red while the load menu is green, so you get a visual clue that might help you to not accidentally overwrite your saves or load an old game instead of saving.

Naming save game pages

You probably know this, but like every RenPy game, RtS also allows you to name the individual pages where your saved games are located: Just click the page title (e.g., 'Page 4') and you can change it.

savepagename.png

Combined, these two features should help you to keep your saved games orderly as you might create more and more of them when the game gets bigger with the next chapters.

Android release

We know many of you have been waiting for this, and while it took us a few more days to make sure that the Android build works as we wanted, it is finally here. I've added the download link to the first post, so you're ready to start playing on your mobile devices. The only downside is that you can't use the save game naming described above, since we couldn't find a way to make it work properly.

What's next?

As I said, we're already working hard on the next chapter of RtS, but before that, you will get the next release of Young Again. Thus, this was the last devlog for now. We will be back with more information about the next chapter once we get closer to its release. Until then, we hope you have fun with the content that is already in Chapter 1, unlocking all of the bonus images and achievement and finding all of the scene and dialog variations. And for those of you who haven't yet played the game, let me introduce yet another character, Charlotte:

charlotte.png

So long!
RFB

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
In this update, there is no need to see NPC's fucking. It's up to the player, so far. It makes sense that to interact with a slutty character, you'll need to put up with them being sluts. It also makes sense that a slutty character gets more lewd content early in the game.

I don't recall that the Devs said something that it was mandatory to watch others fucking in order to progress with the story. For what is there so far, you can also choose to focus on the other (not slutty) characters at the "expense" of missing out on content of the more slutty ones.
I suppose that's fair. I'd just like it if that girl wasn't also on the front cover. Makes you fall for the girls just to be shot down :rolleyes:
If the slut was there for "content" it would have been better to waste it on a random girl. Similar to Young Again where the slutty girl is your girlfriend of sorts, but she's not a main love interest. Unlike the girls in the front cover of these who all appear to be main LI's. I wish Young Again wasn't having to contend with this now if it's going to keep going in this direction. :(

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I suppose that's fair. I'd just like it if that girl wasn't also on the front cover. Makes you fall for the girls just to be shot down :rolleyes:

If the slut was there for "content" it would have been better to waste it on a random girl. Similar to Young Again where the slutty girl is your girlfriend of sorts, but she's not a main love interest. Unlike the girls in the front cover of these who all appear to be main LI's. I wish Young Again wasn't having to contend with this now if it's going to keep going in this direction. :(
I'm just saying, if you like Cat, you can have her. In the first release even.

I think that all women are potential LI's, and may end up with a similar amount of screen time.

But this is not a harem game (not in the tags nor in the planned tags in the OP), so you can likely forget about having a relationship with all of them at the same time.

This means you have to choose: if you want the slutty girl, fine, have her, put up with her doing her thing and be grateful you got a blowjob. If you don't want the slutty girl, then you need to pursue someone else and wait.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sava75

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I plan to be slutty in the early stages, with a move toward commitment as I get to know the girls and decide which one I most want (or two, if the story goes that way.) Cat is for sure on the list to play around with, and perhaps she'll also decide she wants to have a more serious relationship. Or not. I'm here for fun, first and foremost.

Reactions: sava75

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Yngling That's exactly the way I have this planned out. Yes, you can romance all of the girls, but their paths will be very different from each other. If for some people Cat is both the most attractive girl and a no-go because of her attitude, that's unfortunate, but that is what her story is about, at least for now. The other girls will be different, some maybe only a little, others like the complete opposite. Some have said that the cast here is not very diverse, and I agree that visually, they might not be (I just don't think I could do a good job writing for a more racially diverse cast), but they will show very different characters and the way you can have relationships with them will be very different.

quorkboy That's a perfect way to play this game. You certainly don't have to be slutty early on, but I'm not going to punish you either. And in the end, you should be able to pick the relationship with the girl (or girls, or couple, or throuple...) that you want to be with. It may or may not be possible (or easy) to have your chances with all of the girls in a single playthrough, as what helps you with one might certainly disadvantage you with others.

Jun 21, 2020
I played the game, honestly I liked it. Only bad thing was that there's no 'MILF' character as of now, but i hope that changes over the next few updates.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I'm just saying, if you like Cat, you can have her. In the first release even.

I think that all women are potential LI's, and may end up with a similar amount of screen time.

But this is not a harem game (not in the tags nor in the planned tags in the OP), so you can likely forget about having a relationship with all of them at the same time.

This means you have to choose: if you want the slutty girl, fine, have her, put up with her doing her thing and be grateful you got a blowjob. If you don't want the slutty girl, then you need to pursue someone else and wait.
What you just said is technically most games, obviously minus Harem ones, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how the Love Interests are used and presented rather than how or where to follow their paths. A point I'll make is that Zargon and RFB did mention here that it's not a Harem game, but for all intents and purposes looks through-and-through like a Harem game. It's even presented like one. So, my only complaint, which I mentioned above about LI's in the front cover being forced to be shared, still stands.

That said, I appreciate the info above.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
What you just said is technically most games, obviously minus Harem ones, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how the Love Interests are used and presented rather than how or where to follow their paths. A point I'll make is that Zargon and RFB did mention here that it's not a Harem game, but for all intents and purposes looks through-and-through like a Harem game. It's even presented like one. So, my only complaint, which I mentioned above about LI's in the front cover being forced to be shared, still stands.

That said, I appreciate the info above.
I think the problem might be that people (not you) don't read the devlogs before playing the game and then start complaining about "NTR". This results in a lot of discussions and (more importantly) negative ratings which are based only subjective dislike of certain content.

But I do think that the latest post by reflexbound would clear up a lot for people and probably should be in the OP as well.

https://f95zone.to/threads/rovering...1-zargon_games-rfb.116267/page-2#post-8320812

Devlog #5 - Fetishes

Voyeurism

No, there is no NTR in the game! No one will take away your love interests. But not all the girls you meet will be single in the beginning of the game and their relationship status might also change depending on your actions. So if you want to, you can get the chance to watch some girls as they get it on with their boyfriends, girlfriends or friends with benefits. You might even have the chance to become part of a throuple relationship or make a girl cheat on her partner with you. Some relationships you might be able to crack if you rather want the girl for yourself only.

The same way we did with the urination fetish , we made sure that (also for the voyeurism fetish) you don't see anything you don't want to see. The first time you could stumble upon others having sex, you will get a decision like this:

voyeurism-decision.png

The third option will disable all sexual content without your main character participating, choosing the last one will disable only heterosexual content and still allow you to spy on a lesbian couple. Again, if you don't opt out completely, you will always be warned by the light red color of decisions that lead to voyeurism scenes. For lesbian scenes, the color is pink instead, so you know exactly what your decisions could lead to.

Again, the content settings menu lets you change your mind later on and bonus images with lesbian or heterosexual content without your main character will also be enabled or disabled by this setting.

Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I think the problem might be that people (not you) don't read the devlogs before playing the game and then start complaining about "NTR". This results in a lot of discussions and (more importantly) negative ratings which are based only subjective dislike of certain content.

But I do think that the latest post by reflexbound would clear up a lot for people and probably should be in the OP as well.
Yeah it can get hairy when things get to that point. I will point out that people might also be upset that Reflexbound continues to say "there is no NTR" yet one of your Love Interests is unavoidably with another doing sexual activities canon in game. Call it what you want, but to most people that's clearly NTR (Because of the terrible tag system, that should have a clearer tag!). If it was a random chick with a boyfriend? It's Kool and the Gang, but if not, thems fighting words.

Lets just say, all people won't be happy, but adding unavoidable content is, umm, questionable. :D Have a good day!

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Actually after reading the devlog it's for me even more clearly: that's NTR. An girl who already be a love interest at that point (cat), which kissed and hugged you at the very first opportunity and asked for your phone numer, has now sexual content with another dude. You only can choose to see it, not to watch such content in the future or skip such content but watch lesbian stuff with a love interest. But you never have the oportunity that this scene does not happen. So again, another guy has unavoidable sex with your love interest...

Or would you say, when your wife secretly has an affair with another guy, you find out about it but you decide at least not to watch them fucking, that's not adultery? Because you don't see it?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I will point out that people might also be upset that Reflexbound continues to say "there is no NTR" yet one of your Love Interests is unavoidably with another doing sexual activities canon in game
Actually after reading the devlog it's for me even more clearly: that's NTR. An girl who already be a love interest at that point (cat), which kissed and hugged you at the very first opportunity and asked for your phone numer, has now sexual content with another dude.
Actually it is not NTR because there is no reason (yet) why Cat should be faithful to the MC, who she first met only a few days ago and exchanged only a few words with? And a kiss on the cheek?

If that constitutes "being in a relationship" with a girl, for you, then well.... Good luck if you go to France! :ROFLMAO: (or Turkey if you prefer men). :Kappa:

Edited to say: At this point in their relationship, the MC has simply no business whatsoever to dictate to Cat who she can be with or not.
Like your happily married neighbours, they can have sex with each other all they want. If you want to spy on them, it's your choice, but them having sex is absolutely none of your business. Regardless how attractive you think your neighbour is and whether or not she invited you in to have coffee once.
Being friendly, or even flirty, is no reason to assume you are somehow in a relationship with a girl.

Or would you say, when your wife secretly has an affair with another guy, you find out about it but you decide at least not to watch them fucking, that's not adultery? Because you don't see it?
That is completely different, because you do have exclusive rights to your wife (and she to you) as per your marriage vows.

That's cheating, plain and simple. If the MC is not ok with it (as should be with normal people in a normal relationship), it's also NTR.

Last edited:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I have the following to say to those who posted 1 star reviews:

I get that you don't like certain content. Up to a point, I also get that you didn't expect this content, based on the second dev's history.

However, I do think that, objectively, this is a game into which a lot of work was invested. Both from coding perspective as from graphical perspective. Objectively, I think the end result is pretty good, when you consider everything in the game besides certain fetish content.

In my opinion, your dislike of a certain scene is no reason to punish a well-meaning dev. Presently the game has an average 2 star rating. That is ridiculous. This is not a HTML game with stolen porn clips and machine translated text.

Don't like certain content, fine, move along to other games. Plenty to choose from.

This kind of behaviour is just childish. And damaging.

If you disagree with this, then please quote me, send a PM, start a different thread in General or whatever. Don't just facepalm. That's for cowards.

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020

I get that you don't like certain content. Up to a point, I also get that you didn't expect this content, based on the second dev's history.

However, I do think that, objectively, this is a game into which a lot of work was invested. Both from coding perspective as from graphical perspective. Objectively, I think the end result is pretty good, when you consider everything in the game besides certain fetish content.

In my opinion, your dislike of a certain scene is no reason to punish a well-meaning dev. Presently the game has an average 2 star rating. That is ridiculous. This is not a HTML game with stolen porn clips and machine translated text.

Don't like certain content, fine, move along to other games. Plenty to choose from.

This kind of behavious is just childish.

If you disagree with this, then please quote me, send a PM, start a different thread in General or whatever. Don't just facepalm. That's for cowards.
Be careful Yngling, someone might now accuse you of being an alt account of mine or reflexbound :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, when I received my first 1 star ratings in YA I really got upset and tried to contact the moderators to get them deleted. At this point they don't bother me anymore, even some are fun to read. I only hope that the new players that enter this thread can see beyond the rankings.

Last edited:

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017

This kind of behaviour is just childish. And damaging.

To start reviews here are completely useless and irrelevant, but maybe don't try to call out the 1* reviews when your giving a 5* one, your just doing the same that they are just in another direction.

3.20 star(s) 32 Votes