Mod Ren'Py Rovering to Sussex [Ch. 3 v0.3.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JHanToGa

Jul 7, 2022
Hi, i wanted to know if there is a solution for the shut down when i try to open the game with the mod, please ?

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Hi, i wanted to know if there is a solution for the shut down when i try to open the game with the mod, please ?
Yeah. Two options.
1. Run the VN without the mod.
Or
2. Wait until Sancho gets the time to update the mod.

Please note, that the current VN release is chapter 2 version 0.2.1
The mod is for chapter 1 version 0.1.1.

Sancho is currently working on mods for several VNs, so please be patient while he does his magic! :)
The wait, will be worth it!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch 2 v0.2.2)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I wasn't going to play this game yet - but when I noticed that Sancho had done his mod for it, I changed my mind!! :):)

Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Maintenance Update (non-critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - Choice list for Steve during Stuart's party overlapping the MiniStat and Phone in Ch1.
  • Resolved - One missing info item in the ChoiceGuide of one of the choices at the Beach in Ch2.
This is a non-critical (no fatal exceptions) update.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
And now, I got caught up with the Dev on this game, and once again, no problems I found from your mod. Thank you once again for your work on these!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You scouts packed your gear, right?

In collaboration with the dev team I've been working my ass off the last 3 days (over 14hrs per day, no shit) in preparation for the imminent VN update. I've been slowly earning the trust and confidence of reflexbound like many other dev team coders I work with so he's given me a bit of a head start with a handfull of scripts to work off of. That said I've not physically tested anything yet outside of a butchered v0.2.2 testing build I've made with dummy images so I could push the Cores boundaries even further. I had to basically start from scratch as the mod for the VN public is currently the first draft of v6... which seems like a decade ago.

I've completely rewritten the foundation, the ChoiceGuide, and the UI all based on the latest v7 Core. The mod will now load a ton faster, and use less resources (get ready you mobile junkies, this v7 of the Core is near completion). I've added all the latest features but mostly had to get my head wrapped around this particular dev team's code structure again (it's been a minute).

Just know I won't be ready to push the minute the VN update goes public to the VN's supporters, but I'll do my best to be quick as this headstart (of now well over 40 coding hours) has greatly benefited efficiency. I'll work on it for another 3-4 hours tonight and maybe a bit tomorrow. There's a few bugs that have been squashed in the current VN version but nothing to be seriously concerned with in the new update, saves are fine, nothing dramatic. I won't be able to bug test the new update until it's live but I'm not seeing anything other than grammaticals in the scripts I've been given (I don't have them all, just the basics so I filled in my assumed code in the data scripts, etc on a temporarily basis for testing in my Frankenstein build.

Enough of the wall of text but thought I'd give you VN and SanchoMod fans a behind the scenes update of sorts as we all work diligently to bring you proper content. There will be a few new "voyeur" scenes which already has me cringing a bit at the NTR dumpster firestarters that will inevitably troll the VN's thread, so be warned... they'll smell blood quickly and I for one am not looking forward to defining NTR to dumbasses yet again. But that's me rambling.

Time for an adult beverage refill. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Final base teasers for v0.2.5 coming soon:

This has been a lot of work and a lot of hours invested. Constant correspondence with the dev team has (hopefully) insured that all bugs found by all parties were shared so the hope is that this will lead to a very polished and bulletproof VN and mod release.

Some of the major mod upgrades:
  • The mod Core is now fully ported over to v7b
  • ChoiceGuide recoded and rewritten making it even more dynamic than before
  • SanchoGallery completely recoded
  • Stat screens now include Event vars (that was some wicked code)
  • MiniStat recoded to include toggled categories and the new Event var stats
  • SanchoAutoSave(69) fully implemented
  • So many UI tweaks of the mod I can't even count them (my last offering wasn't the most polished mod I've released but that's all sorted now)
I still have some final testing to do but I should have this available for the VN's supporters very shortly after it's available (that's the plan).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
At the risk of beating a dead horse... a bit more info regarding the pending update.

You know, I work with quite a few devs/dev teams but I might have met my match on a team that is as picky or not more so than I am. I worked all day today sorting tweaks and issues with the testing version of the mod update that the dev's got a chance to play with last night. What I got back was a constructive, detailed laundry list of concerns which almost all had merit (I was impressed tbh as you folks know I'm a picky MF anyway).

In that process one of the issues found ended up being a RenPy bug that took a couple of hours to isolate. I'll have to create a ticket for it on Tom's github as I haven't seen anyone mention it yet but as technical as the VN code is and considering the mod's advanced Core... if it's going to break something it'll likely be with this pairing. Anyway we found a workaround so all will be just fine.

Otherwise I sorted everything on that list plus some as I kept polishing the paint on this hot rod continuously and we're almost to a concourse winner.

A few more days and VN supporters will have both the VN and the mod simultaneously. Not much longer than that it'll all be public. I know my posts are getting tiresome but I think it best to remain transparent with information (good and bad) for those interested. I'm gonna grab tonight's first refill (I already started) of fine adult beverage of choice and get back to it for another few hours before I take a break for today. 16hrs is enough I reckon. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Give me a bit to check my notes... and my build. I'm pretty darn sure reflexbound and I worked together and found all the bugs/issues with both the VN and the mod... and I think I was ready to go resolving the last list of things he noted in the mod. That was a couple weeks back I think (it's been a minute).

I do know I spent forever updating the Core to v7b as it was an an old v6 something prior which just didn't cut it anymore.

I'll grab tonight's first adult beverage and look over things... I'll be back in a bit..

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch 2 v0.2.5)
Now based on Core v7b
RtS SM B02b1.jpg RtS SM B02b2.jpg RtS SM B02b5.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Until Core v7 is finished it's PC/English. The API's are still too wonky for porting proper, especially on RenPy v8+
Does that go for all your mods or just this one in particular?
It is a shame though I like this dev I will just have to wait till it will work for this

I don't have a lot of time and only play on Android so walkthrough mods/cheat mods are so incredibly useful for me to enjoy the game with only playing on Android and the limited time I have to play and I find your mods are exceptionally good so to not be able to use it is quite heartbreaking to me I do appreciate all the time and effort you put into creating your mods they are quite valuable to people like me actually to everyone that uses it so for that thank you

Thank you for your time :)

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote