Unity Abandoned Royalty [v.0.1.3] [PlayHardQuest]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

GobbleGobble

Jan 22, 2018
Animations and character designs are great. There is great potential here, with a few changes the game will likely find some decent success.

A lot of good changes have been suggested so far, but one very huge difficulty for me as someone who tried to 100% complete the game was the lack of a way to save your progress if you get a bad ending. You can spend up to an hour in the village chapter gathering things and finishing quests but if you pick one wrong answer with Indira you can get a bad ending. Bad endings are fine, but being forced to start the chapter again was the one thing that did the game in for me .. because I would have to spend another half an hour getting to the same point I was at only to hope I pick the right choices this time. (Quitting the game does save, but getting an ending deletes your save)

Reactions: PlayHardQuest

PlayHardQuest

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
Animations and character designs are great. There is great potential here, with a few changes the game will likely find some decent success.

A lot of good changes have been suggested so far, but one very huge difficulty for me as someone who tried to 100% complete the game was the lack of a way to save your progress if you get a bad ending. You can spend up to an hour in the village chapter gathering things and finishing quests but if you pick one wrong answer with Indira you can get a bad ending. Bad endings are fine, but being forced to start the chapter again was the one thing that did the game in for me .. because I would have to spend another half an hour getting to the same point I was at only to hope I pick the right choices this time. (Quitting the game does save, but getting an ending deletes your save)
Thank you for your feedback.
We'll try to balance this better so that bad endings still make some sense, but don't force the player to spend too much time replaying.

Reactions: GobbleGobble

LowFatYogurt

Feb 21, 2021
I'm a simple man, I like animations with sound. Looking forward cause the animations and models are great, just sound is all I need :) keep goin brotendo

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Few things, if you turn down the music then the game ends when it is returning to the main menu the music/sounds return to full volume.

Game really needs to be usable with a controller.

Game also needs to be able to not have it full screen.

The volume choices should be way more granular, sometimes 25 is still too loud.

Sex sounds and even voices would be nice. Especially if they differ, like the flashback being all for sex, while the guard being against it.

I only played up to the escape because I died swimming to the ships and didn't feel like redoing all the settings. If you can make a second playing of stuff the player has done previously much faster, so they can get caught back up faster.

PlayHardQuest

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
We updated 'Royalty' to v.0.1.1 Prologue

Since the first release, we've received a lot of player feedback. Among the reviews were both positive and negative. We are very grateful for all of them.

We are pleased that many people like the game, and we are grateful for detailed advice on what and how to improve.

As a result, we decided to release the first update as planned, shortly after the first release:
- we added version for Android;
- we removed the 'settlement' location - it will be completely reworked;
- we got rid of the bug with different screen resolutions;
- we fixed some other minor bugs.

Based on your feedback, we have developed a new concept for building locations. In the next update, we will return the 'settlement' in a more appropriate form.

Some bugs still remain in the current version of the game (a bug with changing the volume of sounds in the game and in the menu and some others). We know about them and we will fix them soon.

Thank you all for your support.

Indianapolis.man

Jul 30, 2021
Ho
Great start man PlayHardQuest. The story and the gameplay itself is pretty unique for adult VN game, I'm sure many people will love this kind a game, not to mention about the beautiful render as well.

Best of luck to you mate
HoW to cut the grass of meadow in backyard with scythe

Please help me out with this problem

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Few things, if you turn down the music then the game ends when it is returning to the main menu the music/sounds return to full volume.

Game really needs to be usable with a controller.

Game also needs to be able to not have it full screen.

The volume choices should be way more granular, sometimes 25 is still too loud.

Sex sounds and even voices would be nice. Especially if they differ, like the flashback being all for sex, while the guard being against it.

I only played up to the escape because I died swimming to the ships and didn't feel like redoing all the settings. If you can make a second playing of stuff the player has done previously much faster, so they can get caught back up faster.
1) Why? This is not GTA, keyboard is just fine for an adventure. Mouse control is more important.
2) Agree.
3) Hey, you know this is in early development, right? :)

PlayHardQuest

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of a new update - v.0.1.3.

In this update, we have been working to improve the existing gameplay.

We've added a quest system to make it easier for you to follow the storyline of the game. We've also added a minimap that shows positions of characters.

These improvements may not seem very significant now, but they are necessary so that in the future we can create some big locations and complex story quests.

GobbleGobble

Jan 22, 2018
Loving the new changes a lot so far, keep it up! I think it is moving in a very good direction now --

Some playtesting notes: Something for your consideration that I see a lot of developers miss when making games of this nature: it may be beneficial to engineer the game so that it can be played exclusively with one hand (this may be difficult to implement though, perhaps letting 'enter key' for action buttons or click to move?) as a lot of players prefer that. A sprint function may be considerable also so that travel can be done a little faster (right now its feeling okay, if not a tiny bit tedious, although that's just my opinion)

Gotta just say, I'm a huge fan either way. Something about the character designs and animations really resonate with me. Gonna keep watch on this for a long time! Good luck dev.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes