rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

Jul 16, 2018
What exactly are you arguing against?
I responded to your comment stating : "With regards to providing the bandwidth, I think it's important that it's fast. If it isn't fast, people might aswell use the other filehosts."

I've had my bandwidth saturated while downloading torrents where some of the uploaders contributed a mere 50kB. It really does all add up. But, more importantly, if more people seed it keeps torrents alive longer. You on your own can't (and don't have to) carry the burden.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I responded to your comment stating : "With regards to providing the bandwidth, I think it's important that it's fast. If it isn't fast, people might aswell use the other filehosts."

I've had my bandwidth saturated while downloading torrents where some of the uploaders contributed a mere 50kB. It really does all add up. But, more importantly, if more people seed it keeps torrents alive longer. You on your own can't (and don't have to) carry the burden.
I don't see it as a burden, it's providing a service. I could upload a 5gb torrent from my home connection at 3mbit/s and the swarm starts off slow and reliant on others seeding. Or I could release a torrent that's already seeded on 5 gigabit servers and everyone can download at line speed straight away therefore allowing _them_ to seed earlier too.

It's a no-brainer in my book.

Jan 2, 2021
I don't know why but I can't seem to be able to download any of rpdl's torrents.
I assumed it was a problem with qbittorrent new version, but it happens the same with Picotorrent.

Anybody else is having the same problem?

Jul 16, 2018
Both your problems is almost certainly that you have to LOG IN since recently. I also am fooled EVERY SINGLE TIME by this. You have to log in to another website and then return to the download list.
(the other website is not on another domain, but it looks completely different).

Jul 16, 2018
I know, it's very confusing.

You have to create a log in for rpdl nowadays. When you click on the link to download there is a message that you should register. When you click that link, you'll be taken to a different looking website. If you register there and log in, then you can return to the normal rpdl list of games and download.

But... every time you return you have to do the whole dance again of logging in (it's not remembered). I've been fooled by this many times already. You can see 'bad request' in your torrent client when you try to download the torrent.

Nanhai

Jul 26, 2017
Hey so we are required to make a //RPDL ACCOUNT// in order to download the torrents from //RPDL WEBSITE//?

However, if RPDL posts a link in the //F95//, I can download it just fine yes?

Didn't want to make a throwaway email just for RPDL website account.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey so we are required to make a //RPDL ACCOUNT// in order to download the torrents from //RPDL WEBSITE//?

However, if RPDL posts a link in the //F95//, I can download it just fine yes?

Didn't want to make a throwaway email just for RPDL website account.
You can make up and use a completely gibberish email address (and username), we don't validate them. I don't create any new torrents that are 100% public so if/when I'm able to post torrents again it'll be directly to the torrent download page.

Nanhai

Jul 26, 2017
You can make up and use a completely gibberish email address (and username), we don't validate them. I don't create any new torrents that are 100% public so if/when I'm able to post torrents again it'll be directly to the torrent download page.
I understand and thanks for the reply. RPDL has been a huge help ever since NOPY got shutdown. Thank you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL
Aug 5, 2017
While I don't care about the extra login, the way the pages now serve the torrents (as a BLOB rather than a link) means firefox has no idea what to do with them and the MIME handler for torrent files isn't ever called.

It's just annoying that for this one site I have to remember "oh yea, that didn't actually start downloading I need to go manually import the files"

Otherwise good tracker that gets right to the point (search, popular, recent), thanks!

E: Oh, and the split between rpdl.net and dl.rpdl.net means that the links to game info (f95 thread, steam/pateron/etc) aren't on dl so you need to bounce back and forth.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
While I don't care about the extra login, the way the pages now serve the torrents (as a BLOB rather than a link) means firefox has no idea what to do with them and the MIME handler for torrent files isn't ever called.

It's just annoying that for this one site I have to remember "oh yea, that didn't actually start downloading I need to go manually import the files"

Otherwise good tracker that gets right to the point (search, popular, recent), thanks!
Great suggestion RE: mimetype, I'll add it to the list :)
Thanks!

Jul 16, 2018

Paint me confused, but for me Firefox opens the torrents from rpdl in qbittorrent without problems.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Opening is not the problem, BUT, the torrents refuse to start domwloading something.
Are you using the new rpdl website or the old?

You need to be log in to download and runing the torrent without an error message. According to rpdl the email won't be verified, thus us one you want.

Reactions: charlie79

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020

You need to be log in to download and runing the torrent without an error message. According to rpdl the email won't be verified, thus us one you want.
Yeah, it doesn't matter one bit to us whether you sign up with an actual username/email or completely make one up.
There isn't even password reset so essentially, the accounts can be considered complete throwaways.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

You missunderstand, that was happened to me directly after the change. Beside this short event i had never any serious isses with the service rpdl was providing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
You missunderstand, that was happened to me directly after the change. Beside this short event i had never any serious isses with the service rpdl was providing.
Don't know how much I can help and yes, I don't follow your description of the problem.
Therefore, I summarise:
You've downloaded the torrents (logging in in rpdl's new site) and putting them to your favourite torrent software. All this without a hitch? Of course, you're favourite torrent software is among the ones whitelisted.
Yet, even so, the torrents won't download from the network?

Do this torrents show any error message? (I assume no, but ask regardless)
Which torrent doesn't work?

cuculain

Dec 12, 2017
rpdl, why are some of the files getting rezipped? That is, I'm unzipping downloaded files to find... another zip or rar.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
rpdl, why are some of the files getting rezipped? That is, I'm unzipping downloaded files to find... another zip or rar.
That was a bug that existed for a few hours today, sorry. I made some changes to a deployment and one single / busted the script a little. It's fixed for all future torrents but about ~8-10 are affected.

Reactions: cuculain