rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

Lndlordd

Apr 27, 2017
my network is at 100% capacity, college kings has brought it to its knees lol.

View attachment 1499912
Wait for the Being a DIK release on the 19th...with the full download required for everyone for this update which is close to 20GB, its going to be worse!! :eek:

Also...correct me if I am wrong (as my knowledge on this is limited), but isn't the whole point of torrents not to put too much load on one system/network but to spread it around ..... as long as people continue to seed once their download is completed ??

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
rpdl Can you please make a torrent for Wings of Silicon
done!
Wait for the Being a DIK release on the 19th...with the full download required for everyone for this update which is close to 20GB, its going to be worse!! :eek:

Also...correct me if I am wrong (as my knowledge on this is limited), but isn't the whole point of torrents not to put too much load on one system/network but to spread it around ..... as long as people continue to seed once their download is completed ??
Yeah, the reliance on my servers decreases as the amount of seeders goes up. They'll always be in higher demand though as they've far better peering than home connections and obviously faster ports.

Reactions: Mario4don

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I added a virus scan to my pipeline, I'll probably tweak it quite a bit in the coming days, here's an example: click. I'll be using , hopefully all goes well!

edit; depending on the size of the file this could add up to 10-15 minutes to deployment, it appears to be 1 minute per gigabyte currently. This won't make much of a difference for most games but for the truly large games, there's gonna be a delay. I'll see about maybe moving deployments to a server with a better CPU to see if things can be sped up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lndlordd