Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
As a reminder to all people having issues with launching a RPGM game, make sure you have the RTP for the RPGM it was made with, it's on the main post of the thread.
The RTP is basicaly all the default assets of RPGM, and so you need to get it seperatly from the game. But since RPGM MV they stopped with that and instead let the creator decide what files to keep in the final folder, thus having every assets in the game folders instead of using the RTP
The same thing can be done with VX Ace and under. The only thing MV did is "automating" the process, since you have to do it in older versions of RPGM.

However, the best choice would be to install all the RTPs so you can play all the games you want, yeah.

Reactions: Alma_Elma

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
The same thing can be done with VX Ace and under. The only thing MV did is "automatizing" the process, since you have to do it in older versions of RPGM.

However, the best choice would be to install all the RTPs so you can play all the games you want, yeah.
True, but most devs out there don't keep RTP in the final game, since they assume people have the RTP, thus making the game lighter. And some devs prob don't even know it lol

Reactions: Zachy

Aaron Sekai

Mar 17, 2018
My friend already installed many times the run-time package and still appears the error RGSS200E.dll is missing. Any advice?

afe

Jan 1, 2019
anyone know how to translate a game that doesn't have a data file to replace. i tried using translation++ but still japanese. here's example 1551725199956.png

Reactions: butthol

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
working on a new translation on RPG maker MV. i wanted to know if it is a way to make the text box larger or to reduce the text font in Translation++, otherwise the text will look like that. and i feel a little cheeky leaving it like that....
333.png

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
@ViktorReznov It depends on a lot of factors, not all text can be changed so easily in all windows because some might be running on a different script, but check if the game is using YEP_MessageCore in www/js/plugins.js. If yes, you see a lot of options in that file and you can change them directly for the message textbox and general game font type and size.

Reactions: ViktorReznov

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
@ViktorReznov It depends on a lot of factors, not all text can be changed so easily in all windows because some might be running on a different script, but check if the game is using YEP_MessageCore in www/js/plugins.js. If yes, you see a lot of options in that file and you can change them directly for the message textbox and general game font type and size.
yes, the PRG im translating does has YEP_MessageCore

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
yes, the PRG im translating does has YEP_MessageCore
Perfect, you can edit the parameters directly in the plugins file or by opening the game in the RMMV editor if you have one (I recommend the latter), though you should read first to learn more about that plugin.

Reactions: ViktorReznov

iamabot001

Aug 22, 2017
Every time i start a game made with RPG maker VX ACE that use the player RGSS3 it starts for a second in a little black window and the it shuts, i tried everything from reinstalling the program and all the RTP to start the games with different options (like administrator or changing the compatibility etc. There is no error message, the screen goes off for a bit like it's changing a the resolution, and then the black window vanishes like there was nothing to begin with. I re installed all the RTP packages. I don't know what else to do.

Games: Elena's Life, To H, Milf Warrior Emma and some more which I presently don't remember
Installed RPGM RTP Packages: RPG Maker VX Ace, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker XP

heartless1206

May 7, 2017
Hi I'm looking for someone to teach me how to used rpg maker vx ace I'm try to make my own personal h game remake on a classic h game please pm me.

striker912

Mar 19, 2018
i dont know where to ask this. but if i want to translate RPGM games what tools do i need and how do i go about using them?

Theroux

Sep 19, 2017
Problem with RPGMV.PNG
So, I don't know what the issue is with this. Maybe it's a file missing from the game I downloaded. Maybe it's something completely different as to what is going on. I don't know. What I do know, is that, when I try opening up RPG MV games, this one screen always pops up when I start up. Every time. It doesn't close out. It doesn't crash. It's not frozen. I can click the links, but they don't do squat. I don't know if I'm missing something entirely. But this type of screen has been here since a few months back. And only now am I finally sick of it showing up after looking for months on end as to what is happening.

And then: Corrupted image of RPGMV game.PNG There's the icon to the game. While the one above does indeed have the correct image for the icon, this one down here has the corrupted look of it when not opened. So I'm unsure as to what is happening. But help would be appreciated. Thank you.

And just to put in perspective of which game I am trying to run right now, since the first one I did try to run, and look up what was wrong, I have completely forgotten, but this one is Hard Love - Darkest Desire - Alpha005b.

Just to clarify as to which game I am running.

Though, if you do indeed have a question on the other RPG RTPs. The other ones work: VX, VX ACE, XP, 2003, and 2000, all work. MV is the only one I am having trouble with to start up. Since the corrupted icon is new now, but the same issue still applies to this. So, any help would be appreciated. And again, Thank you guys if you figure things out as to what is going on with this issue.

*EDIT*
Just to clarify, in case of wondering if my drivers and such are up to date. Yes. Everything on my computer, is up to date. Windows 10 updates, and everything else, graphics, and whatever else is on here. So, thought that'd also help since most people tend to ask a lot about it.

Last edited:

Angmir

May 29, 2017
I am planning to try myself at making my own RPG Maker game possibly.

But as a total ignorant on the topic for now, I know nothing on actualy making the game in RPG Maker, even tho I played them a lot ;]

1. What software do I need to make my own game. Con you get any for free ? Idealy with a database of assets to use in fantasy setting style.
2. Which engine would be best for medium sized game based in fantasy settings ?
Here is the premise of the game I want to make
https://f95zone.to/threads/ntr-links-titles-resources.2711/post-2102049

3. Any tutorials on making your own game would be welcome, as well as links to some free presets of maps like Castles, Encampments in Forest, Forests and Orc encampments.

Thanks in advance.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I am planning to try myself at making my own RPG Maker game possibly.

But as a total ignorant on the topic for now, I know nothing on actualy making the game in RPG Maker, even tho I played them a lot ;]

1. What software do I need to make my own game. Con you get any for free ? Idealy with a database of assets to use in fantasy setting style.
2. Which engine would be best for medium sized game based in fantasy settings ?
Here is the premise of the game I want to make
https://f95zone.to/threads/ntr-links-titles-resources.2711/post-2102049

3. Any tutorials on making your own game would be welcome, as well as links to some free presets of maps like Castles, Encampments in Forest, Forests and Orc encampments.

Thanks in advance.
1. RPG Maker MV is paid, but you can get it on sale on Steam for like 10 bucks, or less for the older versions but I don't recommend using them. Also, you'll need image editing software like Photoshop or its free counterparts GIMP and Krita.

2. If you are talking about RPGM, that would be MV, the only reason I can think for anyone using an older engine is if they are recycling old games and that doesn't seem to be your case.

3. You can find free shit on RPGMakerCentral and their forums, as well as cheap paid stuff, there are tons of tutorials on youtube and forums, so Google-sensei can solve pretty much any problem you might have making your game.

Reactions: someone~ and Angmir

Angmir

May 29, 2017
1. RPG Maker MV is paid, but you can get it on sale on Steam for like 10 bucks, or less for the older versions but I don't recommend using them. Also, you'll need image editing software like Photoshop or its free counterparts GIMP and Krita.

2. If you are talking about RPGM, that would be MV, the only reason I can think for anyone using an older engine is if they are recycling old games and that doesn't seem to be your case.

3. You can find free shit on RPGMakerCentral and their forums, as well as cheap paid stuff, there are tons of tutorials on youtube and forums, so Google-sensei can solve pretty much any problem you might have making your game.
Thank you.

IS MV better than VX Ace tho ? One of my friends recomended it over MV - saying MV is tougheter to work with.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Thank you.

IS MV better than VX Ace tho ? One of my friends recomended it over MV - saying MV is tougheter to work with.
You can find a comparison , there are not many arguments objectively for VXAce except when you already have a ton of work in it and don't want to change or that it can play in a potato-powered calculator, coding in MV is easy, it has a visual editor and well-documented JavaScript functions.

Reactions: someone~ and Angmir

Jetto

Aug 19, 2018
For Lust Epidemic, I'm unable to start the game for whatever reason and it always starts in this white screen. I can run Zombies Retreat but not this game. My drivers are updated and I'm currently on Windows 10, while other requirements like ram shouldn't be a problem since I have a GTX 1060 and 8700k processor.
I know this post is old but for anyone who is new to this and has the white screen problem:
First check if you installed/unzipped the game into a suitable location. Just try to move the game folder to your desktop and then try to run it! (maybe make sure your win username does not contain any special characters)

I found out this solution by cheking the index.html file in the game after getting white screen, that said "Error Failed to load: data/Actors.json" which not necesarily means the file is corrupted. It's just the first file to load and the game could't locate it.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Every RPGM game I've played has the same issue: after some time, it seems like down arrow becomes "stuck" and it's always on. As long as character can go down, it will. With some games it happens very rarely (maybe once per 30 minutes) and with others it happens every few minutes. Anyone has any idea how this could be fixed? The only thing helping is restarting the game. Not great.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote