Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FireFunk

Mystery
Respected User
Mar 4, 2019
I want to modify a rpgm game but every time I am opening game in rpg maker mv ,the maps are empty.Any solution.

Hanna2081989

Jun 26, 2018
Good morning

can some one help me i download RPG VX ACE but the file RGSS300 & 301 not in the file i downloaded can some one help me.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
The attached dll is from Succulence 0.9.2 (I downloaded it from this site months ago).
Extract the file and move it into the System folder of the game (if it doesn't exist, create a new directory).
md5sum: dd25855ac39d32da033902fc58fa210b

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
In role playing games have a folder www / data, right.
Inside this folder date in the files named map001.json among others are the game texts, right.
Is there any program that makes it easy to extract only texts so that translations can be done?
Is that translating texts with this lot of code complicates a lot.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
With all the different RPG Maker games we've got in this forum, I thought it would be a good idea to set up an RPG Maker help thread for all problems with RPG Maker Games. That way, it won't clog up the threads and anyone can go here to get the right kind of help you'd need. So let me get you started.

The vast majority of RPG Maker games use 4 main types of RPG Maker engines listed here listed from newest to oldest-
Name of Engine
Exe icon :pancakeMix: - Needed and/or unique files - RPG Maker Run-Time Package Download (Click to download!)

RPG Maker MV -
View attachment 595 - Runs using Javascript/HTML5 language - No run-time download needed since it's Javascript/HTML5

RPG Maker VX Ace -
View attachment 596 - RGSS300, RGSS301, Game.rgss3a -

RPG Maker VX -
View attachment 597 - RGSS202E, Game.rgss2a -

RPG Maker XP -
View attachment 598 - RGSS103E, Game.rgssad -

If you try to run an exe and a pop-up says missing ....., check the list and the right RTP you need is right next to the missing word. You'll also see the right exe icon in that line unless the developer has modified the icon.
OK, I've downloaded the RPG file that I need. What do I do next to make the game/-s work? Step-by-step For Dummies procedure, please. (Does the procedure vary depending on version?)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
With all versions, just install the Runtime Package for the type of game you have. It'll install the needed files into the windows directories. Next, run the game's exe and now you have the files needed to run the engine, the game will start, run, etc. Play!

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
With all versions, just install the Runtime Package for the type of game you have. It'll install the needed files into the windows directories. Next, run the game's exe and now you have the files needed to run the engine, the game will start, run, etc. Play!
Got it to work. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

wuuuut

Dec 8, 2019
I need help

Every game ive tried to play that is made with RPGM MV only shows black screen when I open them

There is still music and I can hear sounds when trying inputs so that works but the game window is just black

I can only play these games by opening the index file using a browser with same origin policy disabled but the game becomes laggy and it is too risky for my security

Help me pleeeeease...

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
I need help

Every game ive tried to play that is made with RPGM MV only shows black screen when I open them

There is still music and I can hear sounds when trying inputs so that works but the game window is just black

I can only play these games by opening the index file using a browser with same origin policy disabled but the game becomes laggy and it is too risky for my security

Help me pleeeeease...
Seems Your Monitor Doesn't Meet The Requirements To The Games Or Files..
( What Your Ram and Graphics Card ? )

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What are your operative system and graphic card?
There is no risk if you run a local webserver, set www (the directory where the html file is) as the web root and visit the page 127.0.0.1.
Try Lighthttpd, TinyWeb or something like that.
You can play all MV games without changing any browser policy.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I need help

Help me pleeeeease...
The same thing happens to me when I try to use MV.

It happens that RPG MV uses an unnecessarily big amount of RAM (>4GB), and if your PC doesn't meet that requirement, it won't be able to boot up completely (however, it will boot up if your wait 2 hours or so).

The same thing won't happen for previous versions (VX Ace, VX, XP, 2k3), though.

wuuuut

Dec 8, 2019
There is no risk if you run a local webserver, set www (the directory where the html file is) as the web root and visit the page 127.0.0.1.
Try Lighthttpd, TinyWeb or something like that.
You can play all MV games without changing any browser policy.
Can I get step by step instruction of the webroot thing using tinypad?

Seems Your Monitor Doesn't Meet The Requirements To The Games Or Files..
( What Your Ram and Graphics Card ? )
I have 4gb of ram and Intel(R) HD Graphics

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote