Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Can I get step by step instruction of the webroot thing using tinypad?
Sorry, my OS is Linux, I cannot help you. On Windows I used XAMPP, but it's resource intensive and heavier than other solutions.

Anyway look quite clear to me: replace "c:\www\root" with the path of the "www" directory of the game.
Also, when you launch the web server, choose a different port for every game (i.e.: 8000 for Roundscape Adorevia, 8001 for Farmer's Dreams, 8002 for Peasant's Quest and so on). Otherwise, your saves will be mixed up.
If you clear the cache (or the cookies?) of your browser, your saves will be deleted.
Once Tinyweb is launched, visit the page:
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:PORT
on your browser to play the game (replace PORT with the right number: 8000, 8001, etc.).

Reactions: wuuuut

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I try to make some partial interface translations. But also I want to swap all instances of Japanese string with an English one. All: クーノ with: Kuno
In all rvdata files. Current game is RPG Maker VX (not: ACE).

Any ideas how? Mass editing with Notepad++ breaks file format.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I try to make some partial interface translations. But also I want to swap all instances of Japanese string with an English one. All: クーノ with: Kuno
In all rvdata files. Current game is RPG Maker VX (not: ACE).

Any ideas how? Mass editing with Notepad++ breaks file format.
.rvdata, and even .rxdata is just a collection of Ruby objects serialized via the Marshal module. So, anyone with Ruby can edit .r(x/v)data files.
I see you have already posted on ulmf.org. I'm sure they will find a solution.

Meanwhile, you can give a try.

Alternatively, I think you may use .
Create a new project in the game directory (choose VX): all file games should be automatically loaded.
Click File -> Export Scripts As -> Ruby Scripts (or another format)
Mass edit the files (beware of the character encoding)
Finally import them back in Gemini.

wuuuut

Dec 8, 2019
IT WORKED

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH
Sorry, my OS is Linux, I cannot help you. On Windows I used XAMPP, but it's resource intensive and heavier than other solutions.

Anyway look quite clear to me: replace "c:\www\root" with the path of the "www" directory of the game.
Also, when you launch the web server, choose a different port for every game (i.e.: 8000 for Roundscape Adorevia, 8001 for Farmer's Dreams, 8002 for Peasant's Quest and so on). Otherwise, your saves will be mixed up.
If you clear the cache (or the cookies?) of your browser, your saves will be deleted.
Once Tinyweb is launched, visit the page:
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:PORT
on your browser to play the game (replace PORT with the right number: 8000, 8001, etc.).

Reactions: scrumbles

JVBA

Apr 24, 2018
Hello, I am looking for help for translation, more precisely in finishing, I use translator ++, translated with the help of googles, make some corrections, and add to the game, but in the game, some boxes of dialogs, the text goes from it, I would like to know how to fix.

Game_vEccTY7aQV.png

full dialogue: Take a break. When I look at you, the fatigue of work blows away

P.S: Sorry for my bad english

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Nice graphics, what is game's title?
scrumbles THX for reply. I don't know how to use script. Gemini editor did not work. T++ failed to use find and replace (find only works). So nothing works for me.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
Hello, Anyone know how to play or split image of sex scene from rpg game?
Example Image like this 3LeslieSex_[4x4].png

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Hello, does anyone know with which engine this game was created?

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Hello, Anyone know how to play or split image of sex scene from rpg game?
Example Image like this View attachment 507224
For custom splits, you'd need to use a custom plugin(RPGMV)/script(RPGXP/VX/VXA). Some exist. In RPG Maker MV you can use a plugin to set custom frame parameters, then call the frame to have it cut.

But my advice:
Don't do splits.

Image loading in RPG Maker MV is not ideal. For an image to be split, it first has to be cut into the segments, and since that cutting process is done on the spot, this means lag. With the default 144x144 faces, the lag is not noticeable. The moment you use something larger (1280x720 times 16 slots for example) it'll take a second or two to load and that becomes really noticeable.

A better way is to make a small custom image loading plugin that allows you to access files in subfolders (which allows you to have some folder structure in your pictures folder - or - if you don't want to deal with plugins, you'll have to manually load them as single images from the pictures folder. (Which can result in a pretty long list of pictures in one folder - better use a good naming scheme)

The most basic way of animating them is to basically load a picture, wait a few frames, have the next picture load. 1 Picture every 12 frames is 6 pictures a second, which is moderately well animated without requiring too many pictures, though a bit rough. Load pictures with a 6 second wait time and you'll be at 12 pictures per second, which is a lot more fluid and still not too demanding to draw. If you want stuff to be really fluid, 3 seconds wait time, 20 pictures a second, that's fluid animation speed.

Reactions: falafelswoop

DevilRabbit

Mar 19, 2019
How do I make the game stretch full screen?

I recently got a new PC, and on my old one alt + enter just stretch full screened any RPG maker game.

Now it full screens it but keeps the smaller aspect ratio and just gives me giant black borders.

Tabitha Kb

Dec 12, 2019
Hello, I had a laptop msi to repair. Because something happened to the monitor, they exchanged something on the laptop and removed everything that was on it.

1>) :( downloaded a RPG Maker MV , RPG Maker VX Ace , RPG Maker VX , RPG Maker XP

2>) :cry:RPG Maker but after downloading the update she did not want to install. At one point she stood still

:unsure: I would like you to help me install it too

:unsure:can someone give a solution?

Last edited:

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to download and run locally an MV game that is only hosted online, such as ? It seems like it should be possible somehow, since after all you must download everything for your browser to run it...

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
Hi, I've been getting bored for a week. As soon as I want to launch some RPG games I constantly get the following message. RGSS202E.dll can't be found, but I have installed RPGVXAce_RTP and all the others on the site, find the same dll and put it in my system32 but I still get this message. If someone has a solution to fix this problem. I am under WIN 10 64 bit. Thank you in advance.

Translated by Deeple

Translated with (free version)

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Hi, I've been getting bored for a week. As soon as I want to launch some RPG games I constantly get the following message. RGSS202E.dll can't be found, but I have installed RPGVXAce_RTP and all the others on the site, find the same dll and put it in my system32 but I still get this message. If someone has a solution to fix this problem. I am under WIN 10 64 bit. Thank you in advance.
If it asks for RGSS202E.dll, you need to install the VX RTP, not the VX Ace RTP. The DLL does not go in System32; it goes wherever the RTP is installed. You can also try putting RGSS202E.dll in the folder with the game's EXE file.

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
If it asks for RGSS202E.dll, you need to install the VX RTP, not the VX Ace RTP. The DLL does not go in System32; it goes wherever the RTP is installed. You can also try putting RGSS202E.dll in the folder with the game's EXE file.
It's working, thank you.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Hi
I'm trying to translate an RPG game made with RPG Maker VX Ace (a village reconstruction annyone can do).
With the soft, I can translate the database, the maps... but not the dilaogues texts.
I need to access to the events...

How I can do that, end edit the dialogues ?

Thx in advance

kaga

May 29, 2017
Hi! I have an issue with some RPGM MV games. Nothing happens when I try to launch the game - no black screen, no crash etc. I can see in windows task manager that process "game" has started but other than that there's nothing.
The issue occurs only in some games - I can't play Claire's Quest and Dilmur, whereas Elena's Life and Anna Excitingg Affection work fine. I'd appreciate any help.

Reactions: uncleaR1596

Red_Blitz10

Nov 12, 2018
Hi! So I wanted to translate this RPG Game here but I can't find the texts here on this pic that is on the upper side of the game.
Note that this textx stays there while I'm moving the character. Can you guys help?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote