Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Every time I launch any RPGM game I get this error

1594467022013.png

I've done some googling around and a suggested fix was deleting the NW.js file from where-ever it was in appdata which I've done and it's made no difference.

I haven't noticed any negative affects from it, all the games seem to work fine regardless. The only other i've had is games crashing to desktop from window or fullscreen if there are lighting effects. For e.g. with Educational Mayhem as soon as i go outside at night it CTD. It happened in another one a while back but I can't remember which game it was, but similar thing, outside at night with street lights / torch lights it CTD.

fifipok88

May 30, 2019
People, probably this is a fairly common problem, but when you start a number of games and I get the following image before the crash. I tried to note the lost file, but it doesn't work. Please, if someone can help me, then help

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Every time I launch any RPGM game I get this error

View attachment 726284

I've done some googling around and a suggested fix was deleting the NW.js file from where-ever it was in appdata which I've done and it's made no difference.

I haven't noticed any negative affects from it, all the games seem to work fine regardless. The only other i've had is games crashing to desktop from window or fullscreen if there are lighting effects. For e.g. with Educational Mayhem as soon as i go outside at night it CTD. It happened in another one a while back but I can't remember which game it was, but similar thing, outside at night with street lights / torch lights it CTD.
It means you, at some point, used a more recent version while the game you currently use has an outdated one.
It simply notified you of this, there is no actual error or problem resulting from this.

If you wish to remove that message, there's just one way to do it:
1. Go to your AppData folder, e.g.
C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local
You can also press the windows button, enter "%LOCALAPPDATA%/" without quotation marks and press enter to get there.

2. Delete the "nwjs" folder.
3. Further down, there's a "User Data" folder, enter it.
4. Open the "default" folder in it, and delete "Web Data" and "Web Data-journal" at the bottom.

Deleting these removes the stored njws profile of the newer version, allowing your game to launch & store its older one.

This is a common error that happens with RMV games you made (with the default old nwjs) but in-between played another creator's RMV game that chose to be fancy by using a newer version.

People, probably this is a fairly common problem, but when you start a number of games and I get the following image before the crash. I tried to note the lost file, but it doesn't work. Please, if someone can help me, then help
Your game is missing a file, located in the audio/se folder, called Switch2.
Given that this is the VXAce (from what I can see), the file should be in the *.ogg format.

Make sure it's present.

Reactions: KIsala and Naxos

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Did you install the RTP? If not, do that. If so, you probably had an issue downloading or extracting the file.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It means you, at some point, used a more recent version while the game you currently use has an outdated one.
It simply notified you of this, there is no actual error or problem resulting from this.

If you wish to remove that message, there's just one way to do it:
1. Go to your AppData folder, e.g.
C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local
You can also press the windows button, enter "%LOCALAPPDATA%/" without quotation marks and press enter to get there.

2. Delete the "nwjs" folder.
3. Further down, there's a "User Data" folder, enter it.
4. Open the "default" folder in it, and delete "Web Data" and "Web Data-journal" at the bottom.

Deleting these removes the stored njws profile of the newer version, allowing your game to launch & store its older one.

This is a common error that happens with RMV games you made (with the default old nwjs) but in-between played another creator's RMV game that chose to be fancy by using a newer version.
Thanks, that worked.
I'd deleted the nwjs folder before, but not the others.

Another question for all...

Is there a way to force rpgm games to instant text?
I've selected wrong choices so often in games because i'm pressing enter to speed up the slow text and then accidentally select the defaulted option which is not what i want.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks, that worked.
I'd deleted the nwjs folder before, but not the others.

Another question for all...

Is there a way to force rpgm games to instant text?
I've selected wrong choices so often in games because i'm pressing enter to speed up the slow text and then accidentally select the defaulted option which is not what i want.
Depends on whether you know how to install plugins for that game.

If so, you can install:

Which allows you to change the message speed in the menu to instant.

Alternatively you can use:

To use a skip command to skip past text you don't wish to read.

Reactions: Naxos

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
How do you add plugins for VXA?
You can't, plugins exist only for RMV. For VX Ace, you can add scripts written in Ruby.
In VXA, press F11 to open the script editor. You can insert new scripts and paste scripts from others in.
Be sure not to willy nilly edit the already existing scripts, because that's the game's engine right there.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
You can't, plugins exist only for RMV. For VX Ace, you can add scripts written in Ruby.
In VXA, press F11 to open the script editor. You can insert new scripts and paste scripts from others in.
Be sure not to willy nilly edit the already existing scripts, because that's the game's engine right there.
F11 doesn't seem to do anything, is there something I need to first do to enable this feature?

Apr 9, 2020
Is there a w ay to translate games with file like Game.rgss2a using Translator++? I first extract with the decrypter, translate all the files inside the game then I replace them all and delete the Game.rgss2a and this error happens? Can someone tell me where did I mess up and any solution? 1595838942209.png 1595838964736.png 1595839000352.png

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
I'm currently trying to translate a game in RPG Maker MV. My problem is that there is a menu that displays information for the player that I'd like to translate, but the menu text and interface itself is a .rpgmvp, which I'm assuming means I can't edit it through the javascript files, nor the actual editor. Is there a solution to this, or am I going to have to give up on trying to translate this portion of the game? It's not too important, but it's something I'd like to have implemented regardless.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I'm currently trying to translate a game in RPG Maker MV. My problem is that there is a menu that displays information for the player that I'd like to translate, but the menu text and interface itself is a .rpgmvp, which I'm assuming means I can't edit it through the javascript files, nor the actual editor. Is there a solution to this, or am I going to have to give up on trying to translate this portion of the game? It's not too important, but it's something I'd like to have implemented regardless.
Sounds like the images of that interface are encrypted pictures?
Have you tried decrypting them and then using an image editing software to change them?
(Decrypter: )

Aikawa Aiko

Jul 12, 2020
is this the place for Maker MV questions ? has anyone ever made videos loop in MV until you hit a key ? I found the loop command but it doesnt work at all

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
is this the place for Maker MV questions ? has anyone ever made videos loop in MV until you hit a key ? I found the loop command but it doesnt work at all
By default not possible.

However, there's a plugin that should allow you to loop videos & more:

Reactions: Aikawa Aiko

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Sounds like the images of that interface are encrypted pictures?
Have you tried decrypting them and then using an image editing software to change them?
(Decrypter: )
Checked it out and it worked! I just need to flex the editing skills and I'm good to go!

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
that's awesome, could you explain a little how I install it ?
There should actually be a link to a video guide in the description of the plugin.

1. Download the *.js file that is the plugin and put it into the game\js\plugins folder.
2. Open RMV, open the plugin manager. Click on an empty line, add the plugin from the drop down list & set it to active.
3. Click on save. Now you should be able to use the script call in events like it shows in the example.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote