Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mrTrash

May 25, 2019
Does anyone know how to make an RPG Maker MV game run if you have unencrypted its images? I want to easily be able to mod a game, and don't want to have to reencrypt the images all the time. As it is now, the game just says that it can't find the images.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Does anyone know how to make an RPG Maker MV game run if you have unencrypted its images? I want to easily be able to mod a game, and don't want to have to reencrypt the images all the time. As it is now, the game just says that it can't find the images.
It can't, because it's looking for them, because it's an exe that was made with encrypted images in mind.

The solution is to make a new RMV project and copy all the files &including the unencrypted images) from the www\ folder into the game project, overwriting what's there.
Then you can open the game through the RMV project, modify it as you wish, and play it via test play.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
It can't, because it's looking for them, because it's an exe that was made with encrypted images in mind.

The solution is to make a new RMV project and copy all the files &including the unencrypted images) from the www\ folder into the game project, overwriting what's there.
Then you can open the game through the RMV project, modify it as you wish, and play it via test play.
Go to the "data" directory, open the file "system.json" with a text editor and search and replace the strings
"hasEncryptedImages":true to "hasEncryptedImages":false
do the same if you have unencrypted the audio too... change
"hasEncryptedAudio":true to "hasEncryptedAudio":false

cc

Aug 17, 2016
Need help please i have done a system reinstall and some rpgm games start with black screen but with sound and when i change between fullscreen and windowed the picture appears for a split second.

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
RTP Downloads have moved here:
Make sure to click the "Run-Time Package" tab.

Reactions: jowishg

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
ok, this is killing me, japanese rpg2000 keeps stopping at 44% saying
I've removed all no English characters from the folder name.
changed my regional settings
changed my time and date format
tried using programs like applocal
tried running with compatebility

I'm stomped... i don't remember it being this hard the first time I went through this!

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
ok, this is killing me, japanese rpg2000 keeps stopping at 44% saying
I've removed all no English characters from the folder name.
changed my regional settings
changed my time and date format
tried using programs like applocal
tried running with compatebility

I'm stomped... i don't remember it being this hard the first time I went through this!
You could try:

Which is a lot better than applocal.

Otherwise maybe get the english rpg2000?

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
You could try:

Which is a lot better than applocal.

Otherwise maybe get the english rpg2000?
That's actually the one I used, I tend to just call them all applocal the same way people tend to call all Brand Adhesive Bandages band-aid.

Also I have the english one already but the game I want to play only runs with the Japanese one not the english

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
That's actually the one I used, I tend to just call them all applocal the same way people tend to call all Brand Adhesive Bandages band-aid.

Also I have the english one already but the game I want to play only runs with the Japanese one not the english
Why do you need to use the rpg maker for the game? Does it not have an executeable?

If the game requires one of the RTP packs, you should be able to install those without having to install the actual rpg maker. But as far as I remember, even in RPGM2000 times it was possible to ship games with an executeable.

Otherwise I'd be helpful if you specify which game you're trying to play, then someone could see if they can solve it.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Why do you need to use the rpg maker for the game? Does it not have an executeable?

If the game requires one of the RTP packs, you should be able to install those without having to install the actual rpg maker. But as far as I remember, even in RPGM2000 times it was possible to ship games with an executeable.

Otherwise I'd be helpful if you specify which game you're trying to play, then someone could see if they can solve it.
All I know is violated heroine doesn't run with the english version, I've already tried and last time I played it which was 2-3 laptops ago it worked perfectly when I installed the Japanese version.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
All I know is violated heroine doesn't run with the english version, I've already tried and last time I played it which was 2-3 laptops ago it worked perfectly when I installed the Japanese version.
If you did all of these steps...
1. Change your system locale to Japanese.

2. Install RPG2000RTP.exe in RTP folder. The installation will be in Japanese, just keep clicking Next (Next has N> in it) until it's done.

3. There will be two executable files in the game folder, RPG_RT.exe is used to launch the game normally while RTP_RT_FatalMix2010.exe gives you additional commands.

Note: If you get an error while running RPG_RT.exe, putting the VH Game directory in C:/Program Files might help.
...in that order, and you still get errors, are you maybe on win10?

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
If you did all of these steps...

...in that order, and you still get errors, are you maybe on win10?
again, the Japanese rpg2000 doesn't go past 44%, I already have the English installed and even reinstalled the game doesn't run and unless this is saying something else which it could be since I don't speak Japanese, I need the jap version of rpgmaker2000 which keeps stopping at 44% and no I'm not using windows 10 and yes I've followed the instructions from the wiki.
else.png

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
again, the Japanese rpg2000 doesn't go past 44%, I already have the English installed and even reinstalled the game doesn't run and unless this is saying something else which it could be since I don't speak Japanese, I need the jap version of rpgmaker2000 which keeps stopping at 44% and no I'm not using windows 10 and yes I've followed the instructions from the wiki.
View attachment 811344
That's the best I can find for a solution:

Second last post.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
That's the best I can find for a solution:

Second last post.
Yeah I did that already, this is why I'm stomped. It isn't my first time installing and playing this game, but it's the first time where doing everything still didn't work.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Trying to load Jumble Jokers..but it keeps saying "RGSS-RTP Standard ?????????".

I have installed rpgmaker...but I think it may have something to do with how rpgmaker needs to be in specific folders?

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Can anyone familiar with VX Ace help me? I'm just trying to edit the database of a Japanese RPG Maker game.

This game seemingly started as a VX game and was imported into VX Ace. It has rvdata and rvdata2 files, and even has scripts that load data directly from the rvdata files.

The problem is that when I open up the game in VX Ace, a huge portion of the database is just... blank, or with fragmented data. Check out the screenshot for an example:

capture_20200913_120256_004.png

So, does anyone recognize this issue? The rvdata2 files work fine; running the game unmodified proves that. It's just that when I open them up in in VX Ace's database, they're broken like this, and if I then try to save the project, the data is even corrupted such that (for example) my CommonEvents.rvdata2 is reduced from 231 KB to 79 KB. I have no problem editing scripts or maps, it's just the database that is problematic.

For the record, I regularly play games in Japanese (Win 10 Pro) and never have any problems with the text's display. I tried Locale Emulator just in case. And I tried to open the project in both Japanese and English versions of VX Ace, but it didn't make a difference. I do think this must be an issue with my development environment, but I have no idea what it could be. It's not the fact that I used Falo's RPG Maker Decrypter to create the .rvproj2 file, is it?

lovescare

Sep 26, 2017
Does anyone know what this is error? I have installed all 5 File in RPG Maker and Local Emulator ?
This is the only game I have this error

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote