Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Recently I'm trying to unpack a Chinese game that made with RPG Maker MV.
At first I can use the EnigmaVBUnpacker 0.58 to unpack the *.exe, though it say my disc not enough space to extract, event though the original *exe file is only 1.3Gb, but it's require 10Gb space to unpack:
001.png
And then it's start to create some ridiculous files, 1.2GB each:
002.png
There are total 1020 files like that, each file I must wait really long for it to complete, then when it use all my disc space, it continue unpack corrupt files 0KB, so they all corrupted.
Fortunately I figure a way to solve this, I create fake files with same name of those ridiculous files, at 0KB and make them read only, so EnigmaVBUnpacker won't able to create those mp4 files anymore, I think those files are not really exist in the game, just EnigmaVBUnpacker can't recognize them and then create them.
First question is does anyone have similar problem? And how to solve it? It's take too much time to create 1020 fake files, I don't wanna do that again in future.

Then, the game unpacked, other files look normal. File encrypted:
003.png
But I can use Petschkos RPG-Maker MV & MZ-File Decrypter to Decrypt them. I open RPGMaker MV and create new project, replace those Decrypted file in their place. But now the problem is RPGMaker MV show error that it can't read the json files:
004.png
Of course not only Actor.json, it can't read any json files. Compare how normal json file and this game json file look by Notepad++:
005.png
So I think maybe the json files also get encrypted, but I can't figure out how to decrypt them. Petschkos tool can't detect Decrypt code:

006.png
I tried detect the picture file and got the code but it not work with the json files:
007.png
So, can anyone help me solve this problem?

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Mod Leaner
If JSON-Files are encoded, they usually are encoded by a 3rd party tool like Plugin etc. My Tool only serves an Decryption from the Original-RPG-Maker MV/MZ.

However you can try if its LZ-Encoded:

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
So basically it's impossible to decode if a game get encode with third party tool? :(
I guess this is the encode plugin:
001.png

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Its not impossible^^ You just have write yourself the Decoding-Method or find one which exists for that Plugin. I didnt add more than the standard RPG-MV Decryption because its the most used one. I would be never done with my tool if I would add every tool in existance

If you have some JS knowledge open that Plugin-File and look what it does to encode your files

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Unfortunately my knowledge about JS is zero, but glad to know I still have chance to learn and decode it. Thank you very much.

By the way, I don't wanna waste your time but can you at least tell me what level is need to understand those code (novice, amateur, or professional) ? How long I must learn?
001.png

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
First question is does anyone have similar problem? And how to solve it? It's take too much time to create 1020 fake files, I don't wanna do that again in future.
I don't know how EnigmaVBUnpacker works. Does it have a preview function? Can you launch it from terminal (cmd.exe)?

As for creating several empty files:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I think maybe the json files also get encrypted, but I can't figure out how to decrypt them. Petschkos tool can't detect Decrypt code:
The file looks like encoded in base64 to me. Visit , copy the text of a JSON file into the top textarea and click "Decode". See if it works.

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Yeah either LZ string or Base64, i dont have files to try out myself but it should be not hard for you to try

By the way, I don't wanna waste your time but can you at least tell me what level is need to understand those code (novice, amateur, or professional) ? How long I must learn?
The code is obfuscated/minified, so you have to de-obfuscate and prettify it, there should be enought tools outside for that. You should have a base or even advantaged knowledge about how JS works, depends what they do in that Plugin

But first try if you can decode the JSON-Files by using either the I posted or the posted by the previous person

Last edited:

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
I tried both decode page but not success, or maybe I did something wrong.
I guess I'll upload them in case someone interest to check:
First game:
First game (data&js only for faster download):
Second game:
Second game (data&js only for faster download):
I'll delete them after a week (they're still developing so no point to keep).

First game is the one that have 1020 huge files problem, if you want to unpack it with EnigmaVBUnpacker and get same problem then I have a tip, when you unpack *.exe file, it'll create a main folder name %DEFAULT FOLDER%, close the EnigmaVBUnpacker, go to %DEFAULT FOLDER%/A2, delete files here if it have any, create new New Text Document.txt, rename it to "whatever.mp4", make copies of it (hold Ctrl, drop and drag, then Ctrl+A, drop and drag, repeat) until you got 1020 copies, Ctrl+A to select all, right click->Select rename, then change it name to lhzx, now you have 1020 files name lhzx with number. Right click->Select Properties, check box "Read-only". Then use EnigmaVBUnpacker to unpack the *.exe again.

Second game is the one that have GuGuEncryption.js. This one can unpack without problem, though you can't play this game because it require Chinese email confirm check to play or it'll force close (and the main reason I want to exploits this game is to remove that check code).

Both game have encrypted json, they look similar but I'm don't know if they use same method to encrypt.

Bitsoup

Oct 11, 2020
I ain't exactly the most tech savvy guy, but I did find a quick "RTP", or run time package, which they sort of explain how it works on the website, but for anyone who doesn't exactly understand how the process works like me, this seems to work. Hope this helps somebody.(y)

cpdk

Aug 8, 2018
I am want to know how i can chance the text size of every RPG Maker MV game so most of the text does´nt go out of screen without manually editing it.

Reactions: SinnedBad

david123

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Hey guys. How can I mod an RPGMakerMV game? I have used Ace to mod games built with Ace just by dragging and dropping the game .exe into the application but seems this approach doesnt work for MV.

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
Thought I'd share a few Linux tips after having played a fair few RPGM games on Linux through wine and other means.
  • For older RPGMaker 2000/2003 games, you can use for a native solution. Simply install, then run it in a console from the folder where you unpacked the game.
  • To run RPGMaker MV games natively, grab the Linux version of and extract into the unpacked game folder, overwrite when prompted. Then you can start the game using the 'nw' executable.
  • All RPGMaker RTP versions install cleanly under Wine. You may want to create a separate wine prefix for running RPGM games. Running 32 bit games in a 64bit prefix should work fine, but you may need to install compatibility packages for your media codecs.
  • I have had some issues with games crashing at specific points, and managed to trace it to the bundled GStreamer version in wine. If this happens, you can safely disable gstreamer by running winecfg in your prefix, and adding a DLL override for 'winegstreamer' (set it to disabled). This has worked flawlessly for me with a lot of crashes and has no negative impact that I have been able to find.
  • F95 lists a locale-emulator as a requirement to run some Japanese games - this does not work well in Wine, but I have been able to run these games without one. Let me know if you find any that won't work. You will need to use a UTF8 locale (I use en_US.UTF8) and make sure the LC_ALL environment variable is set to this. If you get any files with lots of question marks in their names when unpacking, you're doing it wrong.
  • Sometimes text will be missing from ui, dialogues etc. Check if the game includes any custom fonts (search the game directory for font files) and install them on the Linux host (usually you can just double-click the font file in the file manager and hit install).
  • Some games with large, complex maps may lag a bit if you're like me and don't own a beefy PC - I've found that using will drastically improve performance on RPGM games. Simply install it and start the game with 'gamemoderun wine ./Game.exe' in the console and you should see a performance boost.
  • If the game starts with a black screen (but audio and controls are working fine) you may need to change the compatibility mode of your Wine prefix. Run winecfg, and on the 'applications' tab select "Windows XP" in the compatibility dropdown menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: gojira667

WAlaali

Jun 14, 2019
I can't play the game the menu does not load and then the game crashes and I get an error saying failed to create bitmap

Aug 15, 2016
hey quick question i am trying to change the max save slot amount using the mangaer.js but it does not seem to be working. I changed the number from 20 to 50 but it is stuck at 24 max. can i find that in another location in the data folder or .js folder. I am trying to do this to the current My New Life revamp

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I don't own RPGMaker and have been doing mods and translations just through text editing of the game files. I'm working with a VX Ace game that does not come with support for enabling automatic dash in any of the game menus. Is there an easy way to add this option, or to increase base player speed?

I was able to find and modify @distance_per_frame in Game_CharacterBase.rb and while this works to accelerate me it also accelerates all enemies, which is not ideal as I want to minimise combat while I playtest. Ideally I'd also like to include it as a toggle for players, and modifying the base game speed doesn't exactly make that easier. Is there a script I can add with automatic dash for instance?

HPSchlaad

Mar 29, 2019
Hi, I am looking for an Idle Enemy Animation script that makes an enemy look like breathing,

like in this video:

Sadly, this is from 6 years ago and the link is dead.
I need that script, if anyone still has it or knows where to find it or knows a different solution, I'd be grateful for that.

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Hi, I am looking for an Idle Enemy Animation script that makes an enemy look like breathing,

like in this video:

Sadly, this is from 6 years ago and the link is dead.
I need that script, if anyone still has it or knows where to find it or knows a different solution, I'd be grateful for that.
The thread is dead, but the link still availed, you just simply need the link:

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
hello, what can be the problem that some scenes freeze and you can not continue with the game just restarting. For example in the game The Office wife when I have to take the train the game freezes no matter what moment of the game I do. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote