Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DiegoSaintE

Nov 20, 2017
Hi people. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new at this. I need to install and modify a plugin and I read that I should open the "plugin manager". I can't find it in the RMV. Should I do something first?

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Hi people. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new at this. I need to install and modify a plugin and I read that I should open the "plugin manager". I can't find it in the RMV. Should I do something first?
"Tools" -> "Plugin Manager..."
Or F10.

Benvict

Nov 11, 2018
uhm i need help with rpg mv keep on crashing with the message "can't define resolution" or something like that, i'll post a picture when i get another crash

Hentai Prince

Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Been trying to find a solution to this and so far nothing yet, but whenever I leave an RPGMaker game on idle. (Mostly RPGMaker VX) It freezes. I'm not sure what's going on. This wasn't a problem before and suddenly it started happening.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
This is definitely a shout in the dark, but does anyone perhaps know of an MV plugin that makes those voiced RPGMV games that don't automatically have the feature to "Don't Skip Voice Until Next Voiced Line" after clicking (HOW. IS. THIS. STILL. A. THING?! o_O)...well, makes it so? I know it's most probably game/already used plugins dependent, but maybe...just maybe...
Failing that, any guidance where to look, what are the most usual .json or whatever file suspects investigate?
Also, I guess something for VX/VX Ace games with a similar "problem" as well, maybe?
Cheers!

Pegasus thend

May 1, 2020
How do make your female character generator nude and have huge boobs in the rpg maker! Is there. is there a demo video for that?

Apr 30, 2017
Hello;

I have been trying to translate the following game using translator++:
RJ207369

This appears to be rpg vx ace game. The problem is that there is no Game.rgss3a in the full version (it exists in the trial version).
Instead the Game.exe is 100 mb, and it seems to contain the graphics and the script. It appears to be encrypted.

Is there any way to extract Game.exe?
Thank you

Last edited:

CelestialTroy

Apr 22, 2018
Hello, recently downloaded a game and when I went to run it, it would auto go to fullscreen. From there it would kind of glitch the screens around before minimizing. When I go to click on the icon to open the app it would go to fullscreen and glitch around again before minimizing.

Jun 16, 2021
I am not sure what is the proper steps to ask for help, so I will try to be as detailed as I can.

My PC generally has no issue playing most RPGM games, but when playing certain games such as this one, the game has a troublesome error like this:
1755377_Screenshot_2022-03-31_23-19-37-455.png
As you can see, the texts don't appear where they should be, and shrunken to the upper left corner of the screen. Moreover, the texts occasionally flash back to normal, but only for a few microseconds before returning to that state again.

The game is still perfectly playable, as the characters can still talk around and the game can still progress, but it's highly annoying and difficult for me to progress when I can barely read what the hell is happening and what should I do.

I am fairly certain it isn't an error in the game's files (since I can play many RPGM games just fine, only a few have this issue) but something in my PC is missing or isn't adequate enough to properly run the game, I just don't know what due to my lack of experience. Does anyone have any idea what is it?

By the way, the game uses RPGM MZ, and can be downloaded , with this as the password: "ashin791209@eyny"

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
That game original is Japanese, so probably it's something relate to font missing, or maybe because the game address is too long. Mine have no problem.
001.png

Last edited:

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Try to name your game folder shorter with no special symbol, for example instead the original name is "D:\RJ333578-v1.74\催眠エロRPG~よわよわ勇者の催眠生活~ver.1.7.4" change it into "D:\Game" or something.
In window10, open "region settings", from region tab select Japan (you can keep the format English).
001.png
Then restart PC.
If it still not work then sorry, I don't know anymore.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
This tip will be useless to most people. But, if you're stuck on an older macbook that can't install macOS 10.9 and beyond and can't run wine and the like or install a secondary Windows on it for some reason like me, you can run RPGM MV games by downloading from this archive, unzipping it, copying the nwjs file into the game's standard Windows folder and then run the game from it.
The game needs to be unpacked however and games with a lot of scripts and customisation may not run since it's an old version. It's an alternative should the html file fail to load in your browser.

You can pick any version from dl.nwjs.io that suits your OS if you have a better/worse one, but if you have better, then you can likely run wine instead, which is better.

Not much help if at all, but it's here to have.

lucasosik

May 21, 2017
Hi, I need some help. I have been modding games for some time. Here I came across the section of creating my own games in RPGMV. I'd like to try my own hand. I looked at the options available. And here I need help. How to create an event based on the value of a specific skill. For example. I want to create an event for a specific character when they reach the appropriate skill value. Example: I am Lucas my girlfriend Lucy. Lucy needs 20 massage points to do it. How to make such a condition, if there is no such possibility in the options? The second question is how to add your skills adapted to the game so that during the different events they have an impact on the event. If there are any manual scripts for this, please give me some hints
I don't want to create a combat game based only on events and decisions made by the player

:) Sorry for my English if what I wrote is a bit difficult to understand.

Mikaputri

Jul 2, 2018
i need help...
whenever i try to play rpgm game it say "parameter incorrect"
i already install all type of rpgm rtp and change my windows local to jp.. anyone know how to solve this?
when i play on other computer it work fine

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So, mainly out of curiosity, 2 MV questions for you.

I think most of you also quite often get that annoying
1652299531868.png
upon starting MV games; that said, I dunno if it actually means any potential trouble down the line - been having these ever since MV engine has become a thing, so probably no.
Anyhow, any way to rectify this, and if someone is in the know-how, can he tell me whether my suspicion of this not leading to any issues is correct? (still, any easy way to get rid of this?)

Second, and more importantly, some weird behavior regarding MV (and MZ) games, prominently. I just wanna know if it's my rig, drivers, some settings or my OS, or is it badly coded scripts/plugins on the dev(s)'s part.
So basically, the transitions bw CGs are...not smooth? Can become quite a nuisance and annoyance, really. Also happens with the standing picture. For example: protag is speaking to NPC (with their standing pic showing), then reacts to something said AND FOR A SPLIT (MILLI)SECOND the whole sprite disappears, then it reappears with that other expression on his/her face (so nothing else should be changed, just the expression on the character's standing picture). Can be quite jarring and irritating, albeit not game-breaking or anything major, admittedly.
But... This also happens with event CGs. Like you know, during...events and such. When the next "variant" of the current CG should come, you get a "clear screen" or some such thingie for a .1 second, and only then get the new CG. Really could get annoying.

So...is it just me?
I guess a picture is worth a thousand words, or better yet, seeing it for yourself, so... If someone who has e.g. the Kagura release of https://f95zone.to/threads/sonia-and-the-hypnotic-city-final-studionaze.23432/, I will have a save attached in the gallery room with everything unlocked and you can see this odd behavior with the standing-picture viewer (well, the part of it which KG didn't decide to cut, lol)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Guess I'll also upload a little clip of how it looks like on my end, so you could tell if your experience differs (hope you guys can manage zippyshare xD).
So yeah:

Weird, isn't it?

If you want to have a look at how annoying this can get re: CGs, try this game (also available here):
https://f95zone.to/threads/ordeals-of-nun-lize-final-keisei-yuan.113819/
, but you should be able to to tell from Sonia's memories as well.

Funny thing though: if you rewatch the same scene immediately after (or browse through the standing pictures again, or have that dialogue with the NPC again, for a second time), it works without problems, seemingly (cached now, maybe? :unsure:). Well, weirdly enough, not in the recollection room, though, since I guess it's its own map and watching a memory here and then coming back is enough to re(un)set something and the same shit happens if you try to view the same memory again, regardless (at least on my end). At any rate, changing maps, quitting to title and reloading, soft-restarting the game makes everything shit again and as though you're having the dialogue/standing picture change/event CG the first time, ergo .1 second-disappearing, annoying transitions...

...or is it *really* just me?

Any input is appreciated, and sorry for the wall of text.

TL;DR version: anyone experiencing glitches with the sprite/standing picture/event CG transitions of MV/MZ games? A yay or nay will suffice.

Softys

Feb 1, 2018
How do I add plugin to the rpgm game I downloaded? Everywhere I search it says how to do it to your own game. Maybe I can edit some .js files and insert the code? If so which file to edit? I need this code to work in every rpgm game
Edit: guess I should edit rpg_core.js every time. I hope this'll fix my problem.

Last edited:

Klonoa723

Jan 24, 2022
I'm not sure if maybe this is the right place to ask, but I just have no idea, mh.
There's this game that I'm fairly sure is made with rpgmaker, mostly because it uses the default battle music and sfx that come bundled with it, so I assume it must be like MV, since there's mouse control...

Problem is, I can't extract the files like normal, using the usual decrypters that are around... Because the game doesn't extract like all the others, sort of...?
I'll try to explain: The first image shows the game's folder, what you see when you, well, go in the game's folder. I tried messing with the resources.pak, but couldn't figure how to extract those, but still, the exe is the bigger file there, so, figured the actual files must be in there. Don't even need to use EnigmaUnpacker to open it up, actually, if I use that program, it says it doesn't see any encryption to unpack or what...
1.png

Anyway, in the second pic, you can see what's actually inside the exe... and I sorta recognize the folder structure being similar to MV's projects folder. I check the "img" folder, but in there there's just a "system" folder with a single png that's a loading banner, nothing else.
2.png

The third pic shows what's inside the "black cat" folder, which is almost 1000 files that, like, don't have any filetype at the end at all, they're just... blank. And changing them to .png or what just gives out a corrupted file.
My best guess is that these are the actual images, music, sfx, basically everything of the game but maybe with some stupid encryption or what.
3.png

Now, again, I guess this has to be some rpgmaker, but not sure if MV or maybe MZ, didn't even knew the latter existed 'till a few minutes ago. Still, it defies any file structure I know, and none of my various decrypting/extracting programs work...
If anyone has any idea about this and would kindly help me out, I'd super appreciate it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote