Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, those files was encrypted with a third party plugin. It's impossible to decrypt except if you know coding.
The problem is, most of RPG maker games use the default encryption from RPG maker itself, so some programmer made decrypting/extracting programs for that system only because it's convenience.
But the third party plugin is different story, each author have his own way to code the plugin, it's take quite effort to understand it and made an decrypting program for it, and that program might only work for exactly that plugin, not work for all. So the programmer don't want to do it because it's waste time.
So you can either learn coding yourself or pay some money to hire someone to made the decrypting. Or hope someone willing to do it free.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'm sorta hoping that it's only the wall of text from https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-help-section.921/page-13#post-8112130 why noone sad a thing... xD
At any rate, I'd be content with a yay or nay by now, really. So is anyone(everyone) else experiencing this annoyance with MV games sprites/CGs flickering(disappearing) for a split moment when you first watch them, like in my example video I made and can be looked at here: (use adblocker!)?

It shouldn't be the case I think, but now looking around I see people mentioning that it's MV's/MZ's bug, STILL, and perhaps a preload plugin would be needed.
Any reply would be welcome, heck, even just confirmation. (most ideal would be if someone could test it in the same game with my attached save; but I will make do with "Yup, happens here too" / "Nope, it's just you." for starters lol)

Klonoa723

Jan 24, 2022
I see, I thought maybe the files were encrypted somehow, and guess I was right, mh.
Tsk. Oh well, the game in question, like, most sprites are basically motionless, so if I really want them, I could use the old method of taking a screenshot and cleaning the background around the sprite, lol.
Just would've been convenient to get the raw files instead, mh.
Thanks for helping me figure it out. (y)

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
It shouldn't be the case I think, but now looking around I see people mentioning that it's MV's/MZ's bug, STILL, and perhaps a preload plugin would be needed.
Any reply would be welcome, heck, even just confirmation. (most ideal would be if someone could test it in the same game with my attached save; but I will make do with "Yup, happens here too" / "Nope, it's just you." for starters lol)
I'm not gonna try your game, but it is an engine issue, and in my experience preload plugins help but don't entirely eliminate the issue. Honestly it's just always going to be jank to try running a complicated game engine on top of Chrome like MV/MZ do.

Reactions: Zippix

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'm not gonna try your game, but it is an engine issue, and in my experience preload plugins help but don't entirely eliminate the issue. Honestly it's just always going to be jank to try running a complicated game engine on top of Chrome like MV/MZ do.
Thanks for the reply. That's just incredibly sad on so many levels, though.
I honestly don't remember it being this bad some time back; I thought it may be due to my recent switch to W10 or some AMD Radeon settings issue, or just the driver being "too" new.
In fact, it is quite infuriating. I mean it's the CGs and the transitions thereof which "make" a huge part of these kinds of games; at least I'd assume so. Also, fuck the engine for treating each scene or interaction as "newly seen" and showing this issue (again) most of the times trying reseeing things after as little as a map change or returning to title to load or basically anything.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Looks like you are trying to run a "setup.exe" in your "admin" user folder (or subfolder thereof) without being logged in as an admin. Login as admin, run the file as admin, and/or move the file elsewhere.

Last edited:

amir1234

May 19, 2018
hello recently every rpgm game that I download for Mac it say application can not be opened, pls help

Rakan

Jul 19, 2017
It says in the site that it's "free trial", meaning will the RPG Makers disappear or not work after the trial period is up??

Aug 8, 2018
Is there a way to open someone else's game on rpgmaker MV and edit different stuff such as go through the maps, edit plugins, etc?

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Is there a way to open someone else's game on rpgmaker MV and edit different stuff such as go through the maps, edit plugins, etc?
Create your own project and copy the file Game.rpgproject to the www directory of the game. You could also edit the JSON files directly if you really know what you're doing, but very few things are feasible with that method.

To see graphics and preview music in the editor, you may need use (requires Java) and copy the output back into the game directory. You can then save space by removing all rpgmvp and rpgmvo files, but then the game won't run unless you also delete these keys from System.json:
"hasEncryptedImages"
"hasEncryptedAudio"
"encryptionKey"

If you need the MV editor, 's the download I've used for years on many projects. It's 1.0.3 but seems able to edit projects from later versions just fine.
Anyone with a solution?
Solution to what? As far as I know, there is nothing stopping you from doing either of those things. Only thing you can't do is have two test plays of the same game running.

Jul 22, 2017
Solution to what? As far as I know, there is nothing stopping you from doing either of those things. Only thing you can't do is have two test plays of the same game running.
Solution yes because I want to be able to open two instances of the same game or open the first game and the second one in the same engine. So basically open GAME 1 twice or GAME 1 and GAME 2 running at the same time. I've been trying to figure out why I can't do that because there should be a way to do it I just don't know how so yes a solution is what I need. Do you know the answer to this?

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
No, I don't know why you're unable to do that. I'm also not sure why you'd want to do that. Two instances of a program running at once can often have bad results, for example when they try to write files at the same time or data changes unexpectedly.

Mar 27, 2018
I'm hand-translating an RPGM VX Ace game that is still getting updates, and I'd like to make my translation "future-proof", in a way, so that if a new patch comes out I can still use the translation I made for the older patch as a base. For example, ReiPatcher can do this for Unity games, by creating a list of terms and their translations that it can then patch into the game at run-time. If a new version of the game comes out, the older translation can still be used for all the text that was unchanged.

I was really hoping Translation++ could help with this, as it can also make a similar "translation grid", but after wasting a lot of time wrestling with it, it seems that it is not stable or functional enough for my purposes.

Does anyone have any recommendations? So far I've just been opening the project in VX ACE and editing the database fields and events manually, one by one. It is excruciating work, and more importantly, I don't think there's a reasonable way to migrate the translation over to a newer version.

I'd really like a tool that could let me spend my time on the translation instead of wrangling terrible software, and so far I have not had much luck. Any recommendations?

Shagmonkey

Jul 29, 2017
My rpg vx ace is a bit odd its missing the data folder and its missing the systems folder. When i was trying to save edit a game save i noticed that i didnt have rvdata file or system and item files needed to unhide the items to give me shorty specials and potion and items like that.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote