RPG Maker MV/MZ Repacks

Should the repacks continue? (read the top of the thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iooooodr

Aug 29, 2019
It's working flawlessly.

Well done!
looking at your code it works very well, uploads should be off by default if its going to be used by more people, and do you know how we could get Linux versions on the front page of game?

iooooodr

Aug 29, 2019
To expand on why i think that uploads should be off by default, I not want people to waste their time and possibly data, as if it timeout cleanup gets rid of everything including the original zip

Reactions: m4kro

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
To expand on why i think that uploads should be off by default, I not want people to waste their time and possibly data, as if it timeout cleanup gets rid of everything including the original zip
Yeah sure, I think you can make the changes on the github repo. You have the permissions as a contributor.

Just remember to also update the release zip.

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
looking at your code it works very well, uploads should be off by default if its going to be used by more people, and do you know how we could get Linux versions on the front page of game?
I think you need to ask the mods to get linux versions on the front page.

Sleet

Oct 2, 2018
is this thread still continuing are we still able to ask to make mac vesrions?
From what I've seen so far from the porter, the mac version is generated automatically.

However, I'm unable to test it out for this platform, so I'm not sure if things will work.

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Announcement
For MacOS/OSX players I've developed a launcher that should work with most RPG MV and MZ games.
You can find it here.

Sleet

Oct 2, 2018
Sleet and iooooodr any updates? Or still figuring things out.
So far, I've been focusing on trying to get borked repacks to work on Linux. More specifically, this game: Magical Girl - Magical Girl Breasty [v1.08], which was the one I reported a "Decryption error" earlier this year.

Therefore, I'm turning all knobs, trying to figure out what works, what doesn't work, and, *most importantly*, why.

I did manage to find a couple of issues with the porter, notably: . At least, for this game, and on my system, the content of $images_encrypted is "false", which is a string with length of 5. And the test fails since it is looking for a empty string. I've managed to get the game to run by fixing this bug in particular, but it still hasn't been thoroughly tested.

Yes, it does have issues. The first glaring issue is that whenever the game plays ANY sound effect, it always plays the same one, which is the school bell sound. Trust me, you don't want to play a game like that, it will make you psychotic.

I don't like the fact that we have to download binaries in order to be able to use the porter. That's not portable and I don't trust that. So I actually took some time to figure out where these binaries are coming from, how to get them and what they are used for.

I'd very much prefer to have these programs compiled in the repository, by adding them as git submodules and creating a build script that automatically builds everything. This is how I like to trust code. I understand that some might be distributed under licenses which don't allow that, but I don't understand much about licenses, and I think I might be able to rewrite them anyway in the worst case scenario.

Despite all that, I haven't really given much time to the project yet.

Announcement
For MacOS/OSX players I've developed a launcher that should work with most RPG MV and MZ games.
You can find it here.
I've updated the post with a link to your launcher.

Reactions: m4kro

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
So far, I've been focusing on trying to get borked repacks to work on Linux. More specifically, this game: Magical Girl - Magical Girl Breasty [v1.08], which was the one I reported a "Decryption error" earlier this year.

Therefore, I'm turning all knobs, trying to figure out what works, what doesn't work, and, *most importantly*, why.

I did manage to find a couple of issues with the porter, notably: . At least, for this game, and on my system, the content of $images_encrypted is "false", which is a string with length of 5. And the test fails since it is looking for a empty string. I've managed to get the game to run by fixing this bug in particular, but it still hasn't been thoroughly tested.

Yes, it does have issues. The first glaring issue is that whenever the game plays ANY sound effect, it always plays the same one, which is the school bell sound. Trust me, you don't want to play a game like that, it will make you psychotic.

I don't like the fact that we have to download binaries in order to be able to use the porter. That's not portable and I don't trust that. So I actually took some time to figure out where these binaries are coming from, how to get them and what they are used for.

I'd very much prefer to have these programs compiled in the repository, by adding them as git submodules and creating a build script that automatically builds everything. This is how I like to trust code. I understand that some might be distributed under licenses which don't allow that, but I don't understand much about licenses, and I think I might be able to rewrite them anyway in the worst case scenario.

Despite all that, I haven't really given much time to the project yet.

I've updated the post with a link to your launcher.
Good luck with fixing the broken ones! Some people have reported that using older versions of nwjs, ones before 49.2, have somehow fixed things. The MV and MZ engines are based on old versions of nwjs so that kinda makes sense.

As for the binaries, I'm fairly certain everything is open source and the Licenses permit redistribution or use with other apps. Watch out for unrar though. You want unrar-free not unrar. This is because rar and unrar are proprietary software owned by WinRAR :(