Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
So i'm trying to change some switches, but they're untranslated when using RpgMakerSaveEdit and i can't select them to copy/paste in google translate.
Anyone have any idea how to translate the switches since they don't show up on the online save editor?
If anyone cares, i ended up using my phone. Translate app + camera.

Or i could've taken a screenshot and used a translate image soft.

May 26, 2020
Hey Guys,

Do anyone know, rpg save editors are not working with latest rpg game updates.

for e.g school of lust, peasant's quest 2.22 saves are not editable as the items.json, weapons.json, variables.json are missing.

those files are in the format .soldata in the latest update.

anyone let me know if there is latest tools available.

May 26, 2020
Hey Guys,

for e.g school of lust, peasant's quest 2.22 saves are not editable as the items.json, weapons.json, variables.json are missing.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Hey Guys,

They are working it's just the editor has no way of knowing where the game directory data is if the save is located in your user profile. Go to the game directory and create a save folder under under www-save then post the save file you wish to edit there. Once you use the editor to edit the save file from the game directory then it should read the directory for items, weapons, and variables.

After you are finished editing your save copy the edited save back into your user profile directory. Hope that helps and obviously you can use the same method for other games in which devs have chosen to keep saves in the user profile rather then game directory

Last edited:
May 26, 2020
They are working it's just the editor has no way of knowing where the game directory data is if the save is located in your user profile. Go to the game directory and create a save folder under under www-save then post the save file you wish to edit there. Once you use the editor to edit the save file from the game directory then it should read the directory for items, weapons, and variables.

After you are finished editing your save copy the edited save back into your user profile directory. Hope that helps and obviously you can use the same method for other games in which devs have chosen to keep saves in the user profile rather then game directory
Nope, I tried. those were working for older version of the game. i guess the developer changed the game engiine.

Oct 26, 2017
First of all thanks a lot for the really useful save editors, I usually stick to the good old ones provided in the OP, didn't know they were still maintained! Thank you very much for your work, everyone.

For .soldata have you tried minerva? This might no longer work with the current data formats but used to be a go-to for .SOL files, and minerva now seems to be using a cloud.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Nope, I tried. those were working for older version of the game. i guess the developer changed the game engiine.
You must have not understood what i typed nvm

i have tested the method on peasants quest and it works fine

Edit: I used a compressed version which may have unpacked/decrypted the sol data.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
Is the developer behind RpgMakerSaveEdit (using 0.69) aware of these btw?
- Uninitialized variables (should be null in json afaik) will not show up
- Items that use a custom routine (external js modules etc) may cause crashes as they will generate items that will have undefined parameters, a workaround is to "clone" them ingame, save, then use the program again so they are properly recognized

Thanks, and thanks again for your work and your sharing! Much appreciated!

LonelyMad

Sep 29, 2019
I cant download anything from attachtments. I can surf the site or download games but I cant download save files or tools from attachtments. When I try to download a new tab opening and say f95 maintenance error or connection error.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
I cant download anything from attachtments. I can surf the site or download games but I cant download save files or tools from attachtments. When I try to download a new tab opening and say f95 maintenance error or connection error.
Try again at different times. It works for me right now, for example.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Is the developer behind RpgMakerSaveEdit (using 0.69) aware of these btw?
- Uninitialized variables (should be null in json afaik) will not show up
- Items that use a custom routine (external js modules etc) may cause crashes as they will generate items that will have undefined parameters, a workaround is to "clone" them ingame, save, then use the program again so they are properly recognized

Thanks, and thanks again for your work and your sharing! Much appreciated!
Another option is to use the MvSveFile tool which allows you to edit the Save file in a decent text editor like Notepad ++ (will need to be able to support large text files). If you know the id of the items from the .json or .sol files (most are in plain text inside the game folder otherwise you will need to decrypt them) you can easily add them in manually.

I think the previous mod removed the file by mistake. Here is the most up to date version

Oct 26, 2017
Another option is to use the MvSveFile tool which allows you to edit the Save file in a decent text editor like Notepad ++ (will need to be able to support large text files). If you know the id of the items from the .json or .sol files (most are in plain text inside the game folder otherwise you will need to decrypt them) you can easily add them in manually.

I think the previous mod removed the file by mistake. Here is the most up to date version
Thanks for this, I'm really dumb. MvSaveFile is my go-to lazy tool since I almost do everything in JSON when it comes to MV/MZ (hell, this literally makes games open-source, we'd have to be fools not to use it). Obfuscation isn't an issue considering how trivial it is (and has always been when it comes to RPG Maker) so don't worry!

Thanks for the latest version! :)

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
I really wish something as extensive as saveeditonline existed for local use, I mostly use that now since the other tools seem to either have problems or not work half the time.

Reactions: vsonic

Pegasus thend

May 1, 2020
Can rpgsave files be use on any platform like iPad,iPhone and anything or it only works on computer platform?

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Hey Guys,

The top online editor is ! I did read comments from users complaining of it, but I've used it several times and never had a problem. I've used it for Peasant's Quest, and Struggle with Sin. Upload your save file, then in the www/data folder upload 'Items.json', and 'System.json' files, then edit the items you want. All you need to do is click to highlight the json files, then click and drag them into your browser. It does not affect the json files it only uses them to identify the names of items, weapons, armor, ect.

The problem with using any editor is editing the wrong items. Potions and other items that can continue to be collected are fine to edit, its the items you must obtain from a quest (such as a key, ect.) that can cause your game to go buggy or just not run as it was intended by the dev. When devs make the games there are 'switches' that turn on and off based on the natural story progress, editing certain items will cause the game switches to activate before they're set to do so.

My suggestion is to obtain collectable items (in game) then edit them, so if you come across a health potion, either from a chest, or a store you can go into an editor and boost it to 99. However if you are to learn how to create a health potion you must learn and collect the items to create it, once you create it then edit the number you have, IE 02 now you want 99.

You need to watch anything you edit since IT WILL affect how the game plays out. Not saying that to you by any means, but since I'm writing this and giving you another alternative for a save editor I also wanted to voice my opinion on people who complain about there game after using an editor.

The easiest thing to do is just jack up your money and buy the items as needed.... But this too can sometimes cause a game to go buggy. You just need to be cautious what you edit based on where the MC is in the story line. I would make a copy of the save file, paste it in the same folder (www/save) then edit that save file. If the game goes buggy you always have a back-up from where you were last at.

Last edited:
Reactions: harem.king
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes