Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
RpgMakerSaveEdit don't seen to work to edit item and switches.... The Advanced->Edit Switches and Variables is greyed out and can't be selected and the items tab don't show anything.

I've tried version 0.52(no itemtab but advanced greyed out), 0.63, 0.65, 0.66 and a couple of different games.
Does anyone know how and if you can really edit switches/variables with this?

PS: MvSaveFile works fine and you can edit switches from the .json generated file but it would be better if the one with the proper user interface would work as it is sometimes hard to find something in the json.

Mat01

Aug 11, 2018
Ok i'm totally stuck, weak, any ennemy is really hard and boss impossible.

I don't event know where i can use my souls for lvl up, this stuck me at lvl 1 (or 0) and can"t do anything.

Any tips for beginner?

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Ok i'm totally stuck, weak, any ennemy is really hard and boss impossible.

I don't event know where i can use my souls for lvl up, this stuck me at lvl 1 (or 0) and can"t do anything.

Any tips for beginner?
You should probably ask these questions on game thread.

Chewzie

Mar 28, 2020
The Advanced->Edit Switches and Variables is greyed out and can't be selected
On the autor's page it is stated that he intentionally disabled this functions for users that don't have rpg maker of corresponding version installed, BUT, it doesn't work even with installed rpg maker for some reason.

Darksshades

Feb 7, 2020
On the autor's page it is stated that he intentionally disabled this functions for users that don't have rpg maker of corresponding version installed, BUT, it doesn't work even with installed rpg maker for some reason.
If you really need to edit something more advanced I recommend using this
(Download the as .zip, extract and then use the index.html file)

It's a simple webpage that unpacks the save as a json and lets you edit everything as a text and than saves it back.
It's not very beautiful but it works and you can edit switches, items and everything. It's just a bit hard to find where.

PS: Where is the "RpgMakerSaveEdit" author's page? I could only find links pointing to here when searching for it.

Chewzie

Mar 28, 2020
If you really need to edit something more advanced I recommend using this
(Download the as .zip, extract and then use the index.html file)
It's not compatible with rm2000 and rm2003 games, isn't it?

PS: Where is the "RpgMakerSaveEdit" author's page? I could only find links pointing to here when searching for it.
It's written in japanese and was kinda hard to find. Unfortunately, I've already lost it a few days ago due to the browser crash.
Edit: here it is:

Last edited:
Reactions: Darksshades

Chewzie

Mar 28, 2020
I've found a new tool that was released literally yesterday and helps with my problem, what a luck.

drakyln

May 25, 2020
So I used it now I'm unable to save my game. I'm playing Roundscape. My game slows down to a staggering 1 frame per second as well after a bit of playing.

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It's not compatible with rm2000 and rm2003 games, isn't it?
No, it isn't of course. XP / VX / VX ACE? Neither. Only MV.
But it's compatible with Twine/Sugarcube: I used it successfully with many HTML games (and when you have a game with thousands of variables like Free Cities, it's pretty useful!).

Reactions: Lucky_Mouse

E=MC2

Jul 11, 2017
Using RPGMakerSaveEdit 0.65 on (A Struggle with Sin) getting this error, previous no problem. Can anyone know what is the problem? Thanks.

System.ArgumentException: Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property.
Parameter name: input
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonUtil.DeserializeMutable(String json)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.ReadSaveFile(Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.Create(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

Halfdrunk

Mar 1, 2018
Can anyone help i'm using RPGMakerSaveEdit 0.65 with a save from Magical Camp and i'm getting this error.

System.NotSupportedException: Can not handle S type.
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadEntry()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadArray()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadObject()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadHash()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadFile()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxAceSavedGame.Read(Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxAceSavedGame.Create(IFile file)

Earlier save files can be edited just fine.

funkyduckfoot

Mar 4, 2018
Using RPGMakerSaveEdit 0.65 on (A Struggle with Sin) getting this error, previous no problem. Can anyone know what is the problem? Thanks.

System.ArgumentException: Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property.
Parameter name: input
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonUtil.DeserializeMutable(String json)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.ReadSaveFile(Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.Create(IFile file)
Use this tool it works https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-cheatmenu-v1-9-2.12121

sangrereall

Desire Guardians (2nd dev)
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
(Updated 10-2017)

I'm happy to share this little handy tool made by a nice guy Froggus from ULMF(most of you probably know about this forum already).
Here is the link to original thread where it all started

Basically all these annoying to cheat in RPG Maker MV, VX, VX ACE games are now piece of cake with this Editor.
It's very easy to use, once you try it, you will see.
Don't overdo it, tho. As Developer stated, there are things you should not touch, so make back ups to avoid ruined saves and bad mood.

I've included a Readme file with some more info.

Posted by
Edit.. by muttdoggy - I uploaded "Rpg Maker Editors.zip" - This includes Rpg Maker Save Editor .65, SGEdit with Legend of Queen Opala series ini files, and MV Save File Editor (Recommend Notepad++ with JSON add-on). Included is an edited readme.
Included RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.6.3 in case you need to edit variables due to issues reported with 0.6.5.
seems this does not work anymore with the newest Version. is their an updated one?

fros7012

Nov 14, 2018
I need some help. My game bugged and i lost some stuff i am trying to get back by using a save editor but the thing is gor some reason i cant access the advanced options on the editor can someone help me with this pls?

Vlandian

Apr 26, 2020
Can anyone help i'm using RPGMakerSaveEdit 0.65 with a save from Magical Camp and i'm getting this error.

System.NotSupportedException: Can not handle S type.
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadEntry()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadArray()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadObject()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadHash()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadFile()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxAceSavedGame.Read(Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxAceSavedGame.Create(IFile file)

Earlier save files can be edited just fine.
Same problem, although I'm running Broken Reality. I assume this has something to do with variables because it worked up until a certain point in the game (picking classes) which after it, this error started popping up. Checking on seems to yield that when choosing a class you change certain variables after which this save editor doesn't work. Checked it with v.66

D

Deleted member 456162

Same problem, although I'm running Broken Reality. I assume this has something to do with variables because it worked up until a certain point in the game (picking classes) which after it, this error started popping up. Checking on seems to yield that when choosing a class you change certain variables after which this save editor doesn't work. Checked it with v.66
I found the problem the developer put a ruby struct into the save files so rpg maker editor won't work for the save files anymore if anyone didn't know

Dan4igg

Nov 22, 2017
Someone know editor for MGQ paradox? (rvdata2 files). Nothing working with this files, idk how to do it ><

ledej89

Aug 2, 2017
Hello
Sorry if I'm on the wrong topic but I didn't find any other.
I played a RPGM game online (Paccsu) and I would like to continue on the downloaded game (on my pc).
Does anyone know where -in cookies or Mozilla Cache- is my save please ?

Thx in advance.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes