Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
are there any editors that lets me edit the save count # on an rpgmaker? like if i save 100 times, the count is 100, but i would like to lower that to 25. is there a way to edit it?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
are there any editors that lets me edit the save count # on an rpgmaker? like if i save 100 times, the count is 100, but i would like to lower that to 25. is there a way to edit it?
Engine version?
With RPG Maker MV the variable you are looking for is state._steps. In the screenshot I used RPG Maker MV Save Editor but you can use any other editor or the JS console. Or you can upload your save on :

steps.png

Other variables, like the total amount of time you have spent on the game, are stored in global.rpgsave.

With previous version of RPG Maker I guess it's still possible, but I don't know where that stat is stored.
I suppose CheatEngine is another option (probably with the value*2+1 trick).

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
Engine version?
With RPG Maker MV the variable you are looking for is state._steps. In the screenshot I used RPG Maker MV Save Editor but you can use any other editor or the JS console. Or you can upload your save on :

Other variables, like the total amount of time you have spent on the game, are stored in global.rpgsave.

With previous version of RPG Maker I guess it's still possible, but I don't know where that stat is stored.
I suppose CheatEngine is another option (probably with the value*2+1 trick).
i was looking for VX Ace rather than MV, like for example, the game The Last Sovereign uses a save count. games that uses .rvdata2 save files. also, i don't know what this CheatEngine that you speak of.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
i was looking for VX Ace rather than MV, like for example, the game The Last Sovereign uses a save count. games that uses .rvdata2 save files. also, i don't know what this CheatEngine that you speak of.
Then try RpgMakerSaveEdit, it's linked in the OP, it works with XP/VX/VXAce. can read your save too.
Cheat Engine is a tool to edit variables on-the-fly, that is while you are playing the game. Just google "Cheat Engine tutorial".

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
Then try RpgMakerSaveEdit, it's linked in the OP, it works with XP/VX/VXAce. can read your save too.
Cheat Engine is a tool to edit variables on-the-fly, that is while you are playing the game. Just google "Cheat Engine tutorial".
i've tried RpgMakerSaveEdit from the op, and , while they both can read a save file, they don't have a way to edit the save count #.

GTCK

Dec 2, 2017
Someone know how to use it on NTR Knight's Story - i fight without knowing that my loved ones are being fucked ? i whant to increase my level but i don't know how, i can only give XP to the character but he doesn't level up.

I never used save editor so i don't know if i'm really doing it right too

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_Mouse
D

Deleted member 1300036

when i drag my save file to the program nothing happens.
Some help pls?

Revealer69

Aug 7, 2018
Anyone else getting the issue where you cant edit variables anymore? Option is grayed out.
For me the issue is that I can't press the "advanced" or "file" buttons anymore.
If I do, the program just closes.

EDIT: On my laptop I have the same problem as you, but at least it doesn't crash.
Maybe related to windows updates?

Last edited:

MotoMati

Jun 20, 2019
could it be that the vx ace games updated their save encryption somehow to the point where the save editors here got rendered useless? I know there's , but I'd rather not have to use that all the time if there's another offline method of doing save editing

Xerodrive

Sep 24, 2017
I currently am also not able to do anything about the Switches and Variables. It's probably an update within the VX Ace engine or something of that sort. I asked the creator on the other forum but it's been a year since it was posted there so... Maybe we'll get an answer maybe we wont

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Anyone else getting the issue where you cant edit variables anymore? Option is grayed out.
For me the issue is that I can't press the "advanced" or "file" buttons anymore.
If I do, the program just closes.

EDIT: On my laptop I have the same problem as you, but at least it doesn't crash.
Maybe related to windows updates?
could it be that the vx ace games updated their save encryption somehow to the point where the save editors here got rendered useless? I know there's , but I'd rather not have to use that all the time if there's another offline method of doing save editing
I currently am also not able to do anything about the Switches and Variables. It's probably an update within the VX Ace engine or something of that sort. I asked the creator on the other forum but it's been a year since it was posted there so... Maybe we'll get an answer maybe we wont
You should move the saves/files in the same directory with the game.exe before modifying them (for RpgMaker XP, VX, VX Ace).
For RpgMaker MV you should move the saves/files inside the "www" folder before modifying them.

Xerodrive

Sep 24, 2017
You should move the saves/files in the same directory with the game.exe before modifying them (for RpgMaker XP, VX, VX Ace).
For RpgMaker MV you should move the saves/files inside the "www" folder before modifying them.
Thanks pk2000!. I didn't know I had to move the save out of the folder and into the folder where the .exe is located. That toally fixed the issue. Big ups to you my man! :)

Darrel Caper

Jun 5, 2017
At the moment, is the only place that is able to edit .sav files that I have tried. I've downloaded the editors in op but have had no luck. I've been troubleshooting a number of things in a couple games and having to wait 2 minutes between each upload is painful. Does anyone know of an editor that can access .sav files?

MoewJack

Feb 21, 2018
RPGMakerSaveEdit seems to not work on my Windows 7 (x64), but it works perfectly for both my win 8 and win 10 laptop.. Does anyone got a solution to this problem??

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes