Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Apr 28, 2020
Hey is it just me or save editor can no longer see the variable of the new game file?
I still can edit the save but when I try to add the system.json to see the variable I can't see them.

Antonisimo

Apr 24, 2017
I guess alot of us are having that weird save editor problem
yea yesterday was fine.... now all the save files have this error message

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(SavedGame savedGame)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

dadasamaozman

Nov 6, 2019
yea yesterday was fine.... now all the save files have this error message

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(SavedGame savedGame)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
Sames here. Why this problem appear? And how i fix it?

System.ArgumentException: Primitivo JSON no válido: .
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
When you run the RpgMakerSaveEdit and then select a save file you should have this screen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Clicking advanced will unhide two other tabs. You can also try using saveeditonline for editing saves

LittleBigYaoi

Apr 22, 2019
When you run the RpgMakerSaveEdit and then select a save file you should have this screen.

Clicking advanced will unhide two other tabs. You can also try using saveeditonline for editing saves
I'm talking about the website . It only show the numbers and not the names. How do I upload data\Items.rvdata2 ? How can I which items it is with the numbers and not the names?!

Last edited:

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
I think saveeditonline only ever usually shows numbers for RPGM type games. I have only ever edited Save1.rvdata2 and file1.rpgsave and any other ones that works with the RpgMakerSaveEdit tool. Using the saveeditonline one you have to collect X amount of a item save and then go through the list and look for that item with that number for it 's item amount.

LittleBigYaoi

Apr 22, 2019
I think saveeditonline only ever usually shows numbers for RPGM type games. I have only ever edited Save1.rvdata2 and file1.rpgsave and any other ones that works with the RpgMakerSaveEdit tool. Using the saveeditonline one you have to collect X amount of a item save and then go through the list and look for that item with that number for it 's item amount.
Why can't they use the names of the items and not the numbers. I tried using RpgMakerSaveEdit 6.10 but it only slow it or not responding.

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
I'm actually playing "Last Dream" (a freebie via Ind**G*la), the fact is the editor works fine, but I need a way to change the class of one of my team member for an event, and then change it back again.

I could do that in old RPGMaker versions using SGEditor, wich allowed that feature (class change and skill-tree), but it won't work with newer versions.

Any suggestion?

TIA.

Last edited:

Syrett

Jun 3, 2020
Hmm, so i've been doing some nano control. save files aren't stored in the same parent folder of the EXE, and as such, the json files can't be read by the editor.
would it be possible to add the jsons, somehow?
it'll be a tough'un to uh, whatever i would need to do otherwise. can't edit the variables.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes