Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Been using it fine evrywhere else, and on Saint Emelia too, then suddenly after the 4th save, this started happenin, the rpgmaker editor stays in background after closing too, next attempt fails saying its already open. Wat do?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.GetItems()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreateItemTabs()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
I have the exact same problem. Any solutions for this yet?
why does this occur? what causes this? some games save after some point get System.NullReferenceException bug/error thing

Reactions: JohnRyder

Absalon17

Aug 28, 2021
it gives me this error with peasant quest 2.91

System.ArgumentException: Primitivo JSON no válido: .
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetVariableNames(String[]& variableNames, String[]& switchNames)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.get_CanEditVariables()
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I tried the 0.69 version and it works for every game I played, except for the rpgmaker/tsukuru 2003 games, I recently started playing some of these old games for nostalgia and the save editor online doesn't recognize inventory names so I wondered if some version of this editor is compatible with the .lsd saves.

AmritAman

Sep 14, 2019
it gives me this error with peasant quest 2.91

System.ArgumentException: Primitivo JSON no válido: .
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
en System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetVariableNames(String[]& variableNames, String[]& switchNames)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.get_CanEditVariables()
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
en RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
Well, the same was happening with me too. For some reasons it is not recognizing the System.json file. So, if you rename that file, edit save, rename it back again and you'll be done
but then I found this awesome tool
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-mz-cheatmenu-v2-1-1.12121/

using this, you can directly have the cheat menu in game

Feb 23, 2018
there is an annoying bug where if you try and open a save file thats not supported and the error message pops up, the game stays open in the back ground and you cannot delete the game unless you restart your computer or dig around and kill the process.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
there is an annoying bug where if you try and open a save file thats not supported and the error message pops up, the game stays open in the back ground and you cannot delete the game unless you restart your computer or dig around and kill the process.
It's not that the game stays open, the save editor program and the file you're trying to modify stays open. You can delete everything in the game except the file that's open. And consequently, you can't save over the affected file either.

Reactions: learningfromit

VincentYamato

Feb 12, 2018
It's not that the game stays open, the save editor program and the file you're trying to modify stays open. You can delete everything in the game except the file that's open. And consequently, you can't save over the affected file either.
that is happening to me right now. is there a way to fix it? cuz i had to re download the game to open it somewhere else

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
that is happening to me right now. is there a way to fix it? cuz i had to re download the game to open it somewhere else
Just open task manager and find the name of the save editor on the list. Then end task. There might be more than one instance if you opened it a few times, in which case you might need to find and end them all.

Reactions: VincentYamato

VincentYamato

Feb 12, 2018
Just open task manager and find the name of the save editor on the list. Then end task. There might be more than one instance if you opened it a few times, in which case you might need to find and end them all.
it was happening even after i reseted the pc. I couldnt even use the save in game cuz it was beign used by the editor, even when i hadnt open it after the reset. Its fixed itself now, dunno how

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
I'm seeing more game with save file ending with rmmzsave?

Besides the online hack, is there a more reliable way to hack them? I like to freeze HP but there are so many extra windows that pop for these games. It's difficult to use Cheat Engine to find the right one and the correct value to search. Any tips would be appreciated.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
is there a way to look at all the veriabls in the game? only the ones that have been changed show up.

May 10, 2018
I keep getting an error

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes