Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Đảk Zẻo9

Feb 18, 2020
is there a way to change the number of items in bulk? It's a bit inconvenient if I have to enter the number of each item, I'll break my arm

Oct 26, 2017
is there a way to change the number of items in bulk? It's a bit inconvenient if I have to enter the number of each item, I'll break my arm
Try a regex match or find-and-replace (terminal, Windows CLI, text editor) in JSON after converting the save.

If you have console access (nwjs over Chrome) and the "items" use the core database, you can also directly loop over / / with .

not_Evil

May 29, 2020
This was by far the most promising editor i've seen yet,

pray the dev will continue and update it again one day (last in 2019)
VirusTotal and Microsoft Defender detected tons of malware, trojan, and virus from these software.

Oct 26, 2017
They're usually false positives (aggressive code injection). I'd recommend using a fully offline and disposable sandbox environment to execute such tools and conclude from the results, though. If an online connection is required, do not use your own network or anything that traces back to it.

The developer seems to have a Patreon by looking at their homepage so you might be able to find help there.
Hope that helps as I don't use this.

Nov 13, 2022
They're usually false positives (aggressive code injection). I'd recommend using a fully offline and disposable sandbox environment to execute such tools and conclude from the results, though. If an online connection is required, do not use your own network or anything that traces back to it.

The developer seems to have a Patreon by looking at their homepage so you might be able to find help there.
Hope that helps as I don't use this.
is this tool safe when used even though it is connected to wifi

Kimitohitategaya

Jul 11, 2023
Humm excuse me everyone but it s my first time using it. Can someone please tell me how to use it? Or give me a link that may help me. Thank you guys

IanFan

Sep 24, 2020
i try use it and get error like this

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

Reactions: asd@giabao

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
I wanna edit parameters like defence and attack stats how can I do that ?
find power up item in editor or find MC and give MC bonus stat like MaxHP/MP ATK DEF MAT MDEF LUCK they appear in 1st page with xp and gold and always 0 so change 0 to 10 and MC get +10 of stat. but this not always work so i just looking for power up items most time they exsist in game.

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
some saves crash editor then i try open save.
error log :
System.ArgumentException: Недопустимый примитив JSON: .
в System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
в System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
в System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
в System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

toy box worse then this editor because it 200 mb weight vs 50 kb its work with java script but all item in toybox are NO LABEL ( i dont know what i change in editor) some items even dont shown until you obtain them in game.

p.s. its funny simple program read names of item and you know what you "spawn" but advanced program cant do same...

dodgingnoir

Feb 11, 2022
Hi guys, i'm having some issues with a game. It doesn't have a data folder so I can't access items/weapons etc. I think they are compressed in either package.json or in resources.pak but I can't figure out how to extract them. does anyone have any suggestions?

1701471319173.png

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
sadly it doesn't work. the game is made in RPG MV
program shut down with error about java script yeah? like my reply above? try toybox for rpgm this one work on MV but a bit complicated like item dont have names and items you dont have in inventory dont shown at all. you must add them manualy and know ther ID for it to work. ID in data folder in item.json at least that help me mod inventory in MV game.
small tip for changes to apply done all changing > smash save all files in left corner > smash save botton in upper middle > go to codded wiew of save > go to simple mod again > smash save as > rewrite your save. ( better have back up before doing it)
i think toybox dont work because i try save many times but save game keep being same without changes. until i try switch between simple/coded modes its helped me to save changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dodgingnoir
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes