Tool RPGM Ren'Py rpgm2renpy - A RPGMaker "emulator" in RenPy

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
hey @selectivepaperclip i downloaded visiting sara everything was fine then i held alt enter for fullscreen then everything went black all i could see were the characters and the click boxes it fixed when i closed and reopened the game

3xd_tango

Jul 28, 2017
@selectivepaperclip can you make guide with pics/video/gif ? the General Usage i couldn't understand what is saying ('rpgmdata' as a sibling of the 'game' folder) what sibling have to do in folders and can you explain this please (Load the 'my-game' folder in the RenPy tools, start the game, hope it doesn't crash too much.)

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Looking forward to Manila Shaw: Blackmail's Obsession would love to play in ren'py cant stand rpgm

Reactions: misterday

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
can you make guide with pics/video/gif ? i couldn't understand what is saying ('rpgmdata' as a sibling of the 'game' folder)
The README of the Github project is written for a technical audience because it's 95% likely that the code won't work "out of the box" on any random game you might try it on. It will require all kinds of additional python code and hacks etc.

I'm not going to exhaustively describe how to get games working in this engine because it would mostly be setting people up for disappointment.

If you just want to play some games, click through the games I've already ported in the OP.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
@selectivepaperclip could you add overwhored to your list if you haven't already it's fully completed here's the link
I've mostly been focusing on RPGM games that are closer to Visual Novels at heart.

Porting an extremely RPG-style RPGM game would be a lot of work because I'd have to implement all the code about boats and airships etc. Might be an interesting challenge for the far future, but not a near term priority.

3xd_tango

Jul 28, 2017
The README of the Github project is written for a technical audience because it's 95% likely that the code won't work "out of the box" on any random game you might try it on. It will require all kinds of additional python code and hacks etc.

I'm not going to exhaustively describe how to get games working in this engine because it would mostly be setting people up for disappointment.

If you just want to play some games, click through the games I've already ported in the OP.
thanks for the replay i was trying to convert (Beggar OF net THE_NEW_LIFE) , (Farmer's Dreams) and (Peasants_Quest) guess now i can only do is wait for you

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I've mostly been focusing on RPGM games that are closer to Visual Novels at heart.

Porting an extremely RPG-style RPGM game would be a lot of work because I'd have to implement all the code about boats and airships etc. Might be an interesting challenge for the far future, but not a near term priority.
that's ok you don't have to port it but is good you will try in the future really enjoyed the game

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
well, i played one of the transferred from rpgm to renpy, on the list

honestly, i don't like it very much
there is a reason why people doesn't like rpgm, and some devs make it worse

some games is transferred to renpy successfully without a need the rpgm emulator in there
but, maybe some games too, need this rpgm emulator,
i just hoping this rpgm emulator not used to every games thats transferred to renpy

U

User_51567

@selectivepaperclip

How about AssDiction from inceton.

I know it's a rather short game and you can play through it in a minute or 10 but still like to see some RenPy variant of it :).
Mostly because i like to save just before a scene for games without Gallery mode so i can have my own Gallery.
And in RPM mode that's still a bit annoying.

Reactions: kimoo

kimoo

Jun 6, 2017
@selectivepaperclip

How about AssDiction from inceton.

I know it's a rather short game and you can play through it in a minute or 10 but still like to see some RenPy variant of it :).
Mostly because i like to save just before a scene for games without Gallery mode so i can have my own Gallery.
And in RPM mode that's still a bit annoying.
i was jut going to say it's extremely short game (but no problem with more renpy mods )

Reactions: User_51567

MrGlxblt

Jun 14, 2017
Just wanted to say thank you! I don't think enough people appreciate just how crazy it is that you're porting games over from one engine to another. And you're doing it to so many games as well!

Thanks! Keep it up :)

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes