Tool RPGM Ren'Py rpgm2renpy - A RPGMaker "emulator" in RenPy

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
I can't find the knife. I spoke with Christine in her room, after the pool, but she just tells me to leave and there is no knife in the kitchen and nothing in her rooom.

Nevermind. I didn't talk with her enough at the pool.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
any idea if or when 'living with mia' renpy remake is going to be made?
I didn't realize it was still in development when I started working on porting it, and stopped working on it when I found out. It's too much work to release alternate versions of a game that's still being developed.

If they ever declare the game finished I might release an rpgm2renpy version, but it's not really my favorite game.

Reactions: mitch44

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
A crazy mountain of Python code I made that reads RPGMaker data in RenPy to hopefully result in a better playing experience.

The code itself is here:

Note that nearly every RPGM game has some sort of plugins or unimplemented features, so it probably won't work on any random game "out of the box".

A note on RenPy compatibility: If you try to run this code in RenPy directly or through some kind of script that ports to another platform, you MUST USE RenPy 6.99 instead of RenPy 7.x. Otherwise you'll see a black screen instead of the map.

Completed Ports

Daniels K Games
ICSTOR Games
NLT Media Games

Upcoming Ports

ICCreations Games:
  • Incest Adventure
  • The Artifact Part 1
  • The Artifact Part 2
  • The Artifact Part 3
Note: These games are all working in the rpgm2renpy engine, but there's some performance problems and usability issues I want to make sure are addressed before releasing.

One of the main holdups is the animations are very high-FPS, and sometimes have a lot of frames. RenPy takes up a lot of memory if you play the animation as individual frames, so I'm thinking about trying to encode them into videos instead. But it's taking a bit more time to research and do it properly.

For the time being I'm trying to focus my efforts on games that are [COMPLETED] -- an in-development game is a moving target and trying to test and release ports while the author is still updating the game takes up a lot of time and energy.

Future Ports
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This isn't a RenPy port! You just copied and pasted everything!

What makes a game easier or harder to port?:

Changelog:

Released Versions

Please don't ask about android ports. The ports produced by rpgm2renpy generally require a lot of processor power to run, and need precise mouse movement (clicking and scrolling on the map) that would be hard to implement on a touch device. I don't have an android device to test on, nor any understanding of how android devices work, and most importantly have a limited amount of time to develop these ports and would prefer to focus that energy on desktop ports for other games.
amazing job

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
hey has anyone made a game for this yet cause i'm trying to do iccreations games i can't wait any longer sorry paperclip i love these games and it's taking to long i'm tried the instructions but they are way to confusing for me

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
hey has anyone made a game for this yet cause i'm trying to do iccreations games i can't wait any longer sorry paperclip i love these games and it's taking to long i'm tried the instructions but they are way to confusing for me
There are games, with links, in the OP.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
i know that is not what i asked i wanted some help for iccreations games cause was going to port them myself not sure if paperclip is still porting
I saw icstor when you wrote iccreations...whoops.

No advice here; good luck though!

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes