Tool RPGM Ren'Py rpgm2renpy - A RPGMaker "emulator" in RenPy

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

kratos92

Aug 30, 2019
So sad to find out that this project was stopped a long time ago. It made life easier to those who don't like to play games on RPG engine like me, hopefully one day it will be revived again.

EnderhuntIII

Oct 24, 2020
I found these less playable than the rpgm games they are supposed to replace.

I like how Anna and Lily play in the Renpy format. Some choices, but most all paths left open.

Money and such ignored if not direly important to the story. No maps with too many locations.

Told (as much as possible) as a Visual Novel.

You stated you tried to pick the ones the most like this, but in each of the ones I tried there was a map with many locations I'm not willing to parse (as there are never any names to help me).

I want to get into a story and make decisions that lead to hot sex and interesting encounters/people, not wander around maps.

Good luck in this, though it looks abandoned.

I played Incest Story 1,2, Milf's Villa and Visiting Sara.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I found these less playable than the rpgm games they are supposed to replace.

I like how Anna and Lily play in the Renpy format. Some choices, but most all paths left open.
Thanks for the feedback.

My original intent with this tool was to do the minimum necessary to add some of the conveniences of RenPy to RPGM games:
* no waiting for the character to walk to the right place
* max text speed all the time
* save anywhere

The goal was for the tool to do most of the work getting the game to show up at all in RenPy, and then maybe each game could have little customizations on top of it to make it more fun to play.

In the years since rpgm2renpy was released, more and more people have taken on the task of hand-porting RPGM games to RenPy so they feel like a straight choice-based VN. Hand-ported games are always going to feel better because the port author can 100% control the experience and skip the parts that they don't like.

Personally, I prefer my games to have some sort of gameplay in them, so if I have to click back and forth between a couple of locations before the story advances that's fine with me. But everyone has different tolerances for that kind of stuff.

I recognize that the shipped ports are pretty ugly to look at in some cases. Incest Story 2 in particular has very large maps that are annoying to navigate if you don't already know the game, but in fairness they were annoying in the original too. If I had a lot of time, I would add a layer on top of what's in the current port that would allow you to skip to all the important locations without pixel-hunting on the map. But I don't have a lot of time.

So what I have now is a tool that plays certain RPGM games in a way that *I* prefer to the originals, but where they would take a lot more work to polish so the general audience would like them. Some people will never like them if they retain grindy mechanics.

I didn't really intend for the releases to escape the Mods forum, they sorta got promoted to the Games forum by the site moderators. I think their being in the Games forum gives people high expectations about how polished the port is, especially now that there are so many games that are hand-ported. It also means I'll be seeing requests for Android ports for the rest of my life.

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
I know it is not finished but I would like farmers dreams to be renpy but I have no clue how to do it. the images of this game are great but I can not do all the mini game chicken catching rpgm stuff. If you want to do a one time rpgmtorenpy even though the game is still ongoing that would be great just a basic VN is fine with me. thanks if you decide to.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Cardigans - Erase / Rewind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for the feedback.

My original intent with this tool was to do the minimum necessary to add some of the conveniences of RenPy to RPGM games:
* no waiting for the character to walk to the right place
* max text speed all the time
* save anywhere

The goal was for the tool to do most of the work getting the game to show up at all in RenPy, and then maybe each game could have little customizations on top of it to make it more fun to play.

In the years since rpgm2renpy was released, more and more people have taken on the task of hand-porting RPGM games to RenPy so they feel like a straight choice-based VN. Hand-ported games are always going to feel better because the port author can 100% control the experience and skip the parts that they don't like.

Personally, I prefer my games to have some sort of gameplay in them, so if I have to click back and forth between a couple of locations before the story advances that's fine with me. But everyone has different tolerances for that kind of stuff.

I recognize that the shipped ports are pretty ugly to look at in some cases. Incest Story 2 in particular has very large maps that are annoying to navigate if you don't already know the game, but in fairness they were annoying in the original too. If I had a lot of time, I would add a layer on top of what's in the current port that would allow you to skip to all the important locations without pixel-hunting on the map. But I don't have a lot of time.

So what I have now is a tool that plays certain RPGM games in a way that *I* prefer to the originals, but where they would take a lot more work to polish so the general audience would like them. Some people will never like them if they retain grindy mechanics.

I didn't really intend for the releases to escape the Mods forum, they sorta got promoted to the Games forum by the site moderators. I think their being in the Games forum gives people high expectations about how polished the port is, especially now that there are so many games that are hand-ported. It also means I'll be seeing requests for Android ports for the rest of my life.
actually, this tool had promoted itself enough to kinda 'leak out' from the mod section. even if you go and hand-port a game, as a beginner you have something to look at, here, find out by watching the 'mechanics' and where the differences in the respective engines actually are.
the downside really are all those android requests, if people would um, google it, they could find some sortofauto convert thingy google may have lying around somewhere. certainly they have some apk wrapper. they have a something for anything, if it pays.

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
thanks for your mod. it makes games like anna playable for me. Due to a dain bramage injury I can not play the rpgm little map game things without getting a migraine so your tool is a god send as I can not play anna but the renpy convet I can play. Just a straight VN is best for me I do not care about paths open or missing things etc. as long as I get most of the story and text is great. I wish I could do it my self as I would love to do farmers dreams and a few others thanks for what you do

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I know it is not finished but I would like farmers dreams to be renpy but I have no clue how to do it. the images of this game are great but I can not do all the mini game chicken catching rpgm stuff.
Have you tried Love Season? I haven't played it but it's from the Farmer's Dreams devs and supposedly uses the same images/story but as a VN.

I also like the pictures in Farmer's Dreams but it would be many weeks of effort to get it working through rpgm2renpy and I hear the underlying game is buggy anyway.
thanks for your mod. it makes games like anna playable for me.
To be fair the Anna remake is from before rpgm2renpy existed and doesn't have anything to do with it, that's all hand-ported by

Reactions: jackoffonher

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
thanks for the reply. yes I love Love Season. the images and story are great. I did not know it was the same story I thought it was a side story. I thought some of the pics looked the same. I did not know the game was buggy. never mind then. I knew anna was updated but not done by hand. that takes more time then most people have. Several weeks is too much to ask with out more compensation then I have to give. but thanks for your reply. I knew it would be more than creating a few folders and copying some code so that is why I did not even try.

Is there an easy way just to dump all the text to a fluid readable story?

thanks for doing my girlfriends amnesia. I could not have played that otherwise

F1forhalp

SOTD: Cardigans - Erase / Rewind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
thanks for the reply. yes I love Love Season. the images and story are great. I did not know it was the same story I thought it was a side story. I thought some of the pics looked the same. I did not know the game was buggy. never mind then. I knew anna was updated but not done by hand. that takes more time then most people have. Several weeks is too much to ask with out more compensation then I have to give. but thanks for your reply. I knew it would be more than creating a few folders and copying some code so that is why I did not even try.

Is there an easy way just to dump all the text to a fluid readable story?

thanks for doing my girlfriends amnesia. I could not have played that otherwise
you could try to just extract all the text from the source files, rebuild a full Ren'Py game from scratch following the original RPGM scripting and story, and insert it there.
..which is actually a hand port. i don't see a really easy way, the next best option would be a manually done copypasta into the right places of the auto converted game. both ways aren't easy or quick, it's alot manually done.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes