VN Ren'Py RSSU - Retro Style Soviet Undies - Case#1 Ithaca Project [v1.6.5] [ErosAmor]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

The most attractive girl in the game?

• Total voters

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just played for a short while and it seems pretty good so far, apart from the bad dream intro.

Why does the game use
Code:
$ renpy.music.set_volume(0.25)
54 times throughout the code though?
The value is always the same and the game already has a volume slider that can be used instead.
Doing this just makes the game very silent at 100% volume.
The point of having that in the code is to control volume levels in relation to one another without interrupting gameplay. Let's say the MC enters a club with really loud music but then makes his way to the back of the club, where it's considerably quieter. Using set_volume lets you drop the level to show the difference.

Yes, as you say, the player can control levels via Preferences, but you lose a considerable amount of immersion if the dev had to put something like this:

Note from the Dev:
The next room muffles the volume somewhat. Please lower your volume in the Preferences before proceeding.

It just doesn't work well. Movies do this also, of course, so why can't a game?

The point about the value always being the same is strange, however. I wonder if there was a bug that the developer hasn't fixed and so this was used to keep music from getting too loud in places. It's hard to say for sure.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: wiwem71072

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Okay, well, it's Sunday and I finally found some time to answer questions. :)

OK, but this message is more for the developer, but it's not difficult to translate, and machine translation is so-so for me.

Shoes on such a platform, as in 2 and 3, are too vulgar, if so intended, then the norms. And indeed, the sandals - out of 1 are pretty cute, well, I think they can be repainted.
There is also a wreath of immortelles. Who the hell is he anyway?! Or what hints of imminent death?

By clothes:
0 - normal, working view, everything is in the topic.
The top in 3 stripes is stretched too much on the tits, and therefore, perhaps, it would be normal.
1, 2 - quite festive, but the HAIRSTYLE! Such ponytails for a more or less elegant dress are not at all in the subject!
Yes, as written above, this is an English-language forum and it would be good form to follow the rules of communication.
In Russian you can write messages to my patreon.
There you will also be able to participate in the polls. Your opinion will be taken according to your tier level.

Just played for a short while and it seems pretty good so far, apart from the bad dream intro.

Why does the game use
Code:
54 times throughout the code though?
The value is always the same and the game already has a volume slider that can be used instead.
Doing this just makes the game very silent at 100% volume.
In my opinion, the standard volume level in RenPy is too high. When I run someone's game, the sound hits my ears. Maybe I have too sensitive hearing, though.
Also, I think the music should play quietly in the background and not distract from the gameplay.
And this command:
Code:
is inserted at the beginning of each scene when a scene change occurs. Otherwise, I have weird volume jumps while testing my game or when I load saves.
Maybe it's my poor coding skills.:)
I'll deal with this issue later. Right now I'm busy working on the next update.
Actually, I wanted to ask a question: why do you poke around in other people's game code?! Ha-ha! It's a joke. :D
And besides, you're the first person to write me about sound. I think most people play these games without sound. So no one can sneak up behind them. Ha-ha! That's a joke, too. :D
Actually, thank you for taking an interest in my game.

Pretty good game so far.
Only complaints I have are the weird audio volume issue and almost all choices being flavor text.
The game technically has 1-2 choices that affect scenes later on, but it essentially is a kinetic novel.
Also the girl at the bus stop can't be selected as best girl in the poll.
Yes, it is mostly a kinetic visual novel, focused primarily on the story. With a few gameplay inserts.
But this is only the first part. RSSU was intended as a series of games united by a common theme. Now I'm studying programming in my spare time to add more variation to my games.
And the girl in yellow was not included in the poll because she doesn't play a major role in the story yet. But I'm sure soon the main character will have interesting interactions with her. ;)
Thank you again for your interest in my game. The next update is coming soon. Stay tuned.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
It has been quiet here....
Thus to lighten up atmosphere a bit some newer renders from Patreon.
ErosAmor69 , nice work with that ass ;)
1647050311490.png
1647050778394.png
1647050804932.png
1647050264145.png
1647050359200.png 1647050520532.png

... and the last update:

Alas, this is going to take a little longer than I anticipated. I need about 10-14 more days to include all the scenes that were intended in the next update. I really hope to make it in that time and please you with the next chapter of the game.
In the meantime, here are a few pictures. Who among you remembers such slot machines?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 1699281
View attachment 1699296
View attachment 1699298
View attachment 1699279
View attachment 1699282 View attachment 1699287

... and the last update:

Alas, this is going to take a little longer than I anticipated. I need about 10-14 more days to include all the scenes that were intended in the next update. I really hope to make it in that time and please you with the next chapter of the game.
In the meantime, here are a few pictures. Who among you remembers such slot machines?
I'm really looking forward to it! She definitely looks like she's from the 1980s. Dat phashun dough. Lol. I hope you're doing well, Eros, given everything going on. We have definitely not forgotten you. Please be safe!

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Thank you guys for your support. It really means a lot to me. Especially now when things like this are happening in the world. I have acquaintances and relatives both in Ukraine and Russia. And I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing at all.:confused:
Anyway, I'll finish this chapter and have it out by the end of this week.
Thanks again.
And I'll think about the poster. ;)

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Discord link for this game's official server isn't working for me. Can someone post an invite link for the server? Thanks.

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
View attachment 1699281
View attachment 1699296
View attachment 1699298
View attachment 1699279
View attachment 1699282 View attachment 1699287

... and the last update:

Damn, so hot, I got a joystick she can play with

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Discord link for this game's official server isn't working for me. Can someone post an invite link for the server? Thanks.
Try this:

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to handle the discord channel right now. I devote all my free time to game development. Yesterday I released another update and I'm already preparing scenes for the next one. If you have any comments or suggestions, better write here or in private messages. Or on my patreon. Here and on patreon I am most often. Maybe in the future I will find more time to support the discord channel.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
... ErosAmor69 and stay out of the trouble. Although " make sex not SMO" poster would be appreciated ;)
I am afraid I am a bit ignorant but what is SMO? Is that a reference to some Russian words or something? I am native English speaker, BTW, from the United States.

Try this:

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to handle the discord channel right now. I devote all my free time to game development. Yesterday I released another update and I'm already preparing scenes for the next one. If you have any comments or suggestions, better write here or in private messages. Or on my patreon. Here and on patreon I am most often. Maybe in the future I will find more time to support the discord channel.
Thanks for the Discord invite link! Much appreciated. :) And no worries about lack of time for Discord. Just wanted to join it, that is all. (y)

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
I did not want to put any of guys living in Russia at risk. Apparently using word war is not allowed there. Thus Special military operation - SMO
I am sorry for any confusion ;)

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes