2.50 star(s) 4 Votes

blippbloop

Mar 28, 2021
Is this game the Dark Souls for accountants?
The complexity of this game is kinda neat, but it doesnt make for fun or engaging gameplay.
Generally in games with intrest your best bet is to accumulate wealth first and then play the game. The first NPC in the ATM-dimension allows you to disable NPCs so you can go along the story and pick up items to resell because they arent worth their weight in use compared to resting at the inn when you have enough money to remake 500+1 gold at the inn from intrest alone.

Oh boy bust out the spreadsheets

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Finally, a game about the most powerful force of all: compound interest

There's a chest on the island about halfway through the game that gets you a decent amount of gold to start with, then farm blue slimes (savescum if you want)
You don't have to spend gold to heal because if you die you just get returned to the same place with 1 hp. After a while you'll make money at an accelerating rate

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I tried to give this game a chance. I really did... but it has a bunch of annoying details to it that make it just too terrible for me to have patience with it.

First is the gameplay. The whole banking and interest system isn't necessarily bad... but the problem is that the way the game presents itself, it creates the impression that you can immediately start fighting monsters with the princess and have positive income from Interest even if you take time to recover.

That is wrong.

As far as I can tell, what you're supposed to do is avoid every single fight in the game while trying to get all the treasure chests on the way. There's around 500 gold before castle town, and then there's at least 300 more in the forest maze thing beyond castle town and the second town/village thing. More importantly, after you pass through a couple of events and that forest, you get the Hero dude in your party.

Now. The hero dude is pretty pathetic.... BUT, he can one-shot blue slimes. And so can the princess with a normal attack. Blue slimes ALWAYS come in pairs. So what does that mean? It means you can farm 11 monster kills, that's 1% interest, without losing any health unless an attack misses, and that seems rare. As soon as you get that, go back to town, deposit what you earned. Walk around like a twat until Interest decreases. Go back out again. Rinse and repeat until you're F'N rich.

It'll start off slow. You'll be tempted to rush. Do something. Don't. Not until you get enough for the school-girl dress, which has much better stats for the princess AND comes with a 5000 gold bonus from an event.

And then you can start all over again for even bigger money. Until you have everything.

Grindy as all hell...

Now, this leads me to the second issue. The scenes. They're not.... terribly long or anything, but that might be because I'm a decently fast reader. But boy are they rare, and they have this.... zoom in and move to the side thing that's just terribly implemented, and it's clear that the art is NOT high-rez so the game doesn't handle the CGs well at all... At the end of the day, there's just not enough of them to really justify the pain of the absolutely horrendous grind....

The third is the story. I admittedly wasn't able to play through too much of the game before I got utterly bored of it and loaded the full save included in the build to see if there's any worth in this thing. The story is just eh. Maybe it gets better later... but given some of those scenes... I kinda doubt it.

All in all, it feels like this game could have been better, could have been interesting... just failed short of getting anywhere good. I tried to give it a chance. I like all sorts of garbage after all. But I just didn't have the patience for this one. It just feels bad...

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I tried to give this game a chance. I really did... but it has a bunch of annoying details to it that make it just too terrible for me to have patience with it.

First is the gameplay. The whole banking and interest system isn't necessarily bad... but the problem is that the way the game presents itself, it creates the impression that you can immediately start fighting monsters with the princess and have positive income from Interest even if you take time to recover.

That is wrong.

As far as I can tell, what you're supposed to do is avoid every single fight in the game while trying to get all the treasure chests on the way. There's around 500 gold before castle town, and then there's at least 300 more in the forest maze thing beyond castle town and the second town/village thing. More importantly, after you pass through a couple of events and that forest, you get the Hero dude in your party.

Now. The hero dude is pretty pathetic.... BUT, he can one-shot blue slimes. And so can the princess with a normal attack. Blue slimes ALWAYS come in pairs. So what does that mean? It means you can farm 11 monster kills, that's 1% interest, without losing any health unless an attack misses, and that seems rare. As soon as you get that, go back to town, deposit what you earned. Walk around like a twat until Interest decreases. Go back out again. Rinse and repeat until you're F'N rich.

It'll start off slow. You'll be tempted to rush. Do something. Don't. Not until you get enough for the school-girl dress, which has much better stats for the princess AND comes with a 5000 gold bonus from an event.

And then you can start all over again for even bigger money. Until you have everything.

Grindy as all hell...

Now, this leads me to the second issue. The scenes. They're not.... terribly long or anything, but that might be because I'm a decently fast reader. But boy are they rare, and they have this.... zoom in and move to the side thing that's just terribly implemented, and it's clear that the art is NOT high-rez so the game doesn't handle the CGs well at all... At the end of the day, there's just not enough of them to really justify the pain of the absolutely horrendous grind....

The third is the story. I admittedly wasn't able to play through too much of the game before I got utterly bored of it and loaded the full save included in the build to see if there's any worth in this thing. The story is just eh. Maybe it gets better later... but given some of those scenes... I kinda doubt it.

All in all, it feels like this game could have been better, could have been interesting... just failed short of getting anywhere good. I tried to give it a chance. I like all sorts of garbage after all. But I just didn't have the patience for this one. It just feels bad...
Thanks for a good review.. I'll not waste my time on what sounds like grindy trash.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Well, I went into this game expecting the usual but turns out the princess is already a slut so it made it a lot easier.

First thing her lover says? "You have such a filthy pussy". Wew lad. To the streets she go.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Princess: *sees the Kingdom-Renowned Hero she is being forced to marry*
Also Princess: "...Who the fuck is this dude?"

the game is slow garbage and the gameplay is linear as hell but this single line made my day.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I've seen a video of another version with the same game discription but I can't seem to find the game anywhere on here or google or yahoo Runaway Princess - Chapter One gameplay looks like a animated version maybe a unity and the mc looks like a loli with brown heel boots, anyone know where I could find it?

Jinkayde

Aug 28, 2023
TBNRmojoz، المشاركة: 6759150، العضو: 1192969 said:
أرى الكثير من الكلمات الجيدة وأريد أن ألعب اللعبة، إذا قام شخص ما بإنشاء إصدار يعمل على joiplay، فأخبرني بذلك
[/يقتبس]

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes