Ren'Py - Completed - S.H.E.L.T.E.R. - An Apocalyptic Tale [v1.0] [Winterlook]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Warwhale

The game has awesome art and is easy to understand. The story and dialogue are not game aspects which are amazing in their own right. They are fun nonetheless though. That being said, the game knows what it is selling and does that well.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Orfunk

A great game overall, watching this one for a while now. The art is the most amazing thing in this, while the corruption and romance are both well done, if a bit rushed (fall in love fast, get corrupted like, instantly).

Most importantly, the game sticks to it's course, unlike the author's previous game, The Fate of Irnia, which sets up one thing and then rides the plot off of a fucking cliff.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ultra_gecko

Only minor conmplaint would be the sex scenes, system could be better imo. Apart from that, its a great game. An adventure with interesting characters, and you really feel a sense of progress with this one. I enjoy the art and the fact that it has replay value with all the possible routes.

Great game, one of my favourites for sure.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Noid42

Version: [v0.34]
    Pretty mediocre
    I'm gonna keep this one pretty short

The good:
    -Renders

pretty high quality, some faces are a bit weird but everything else is great. the art style is consistent and well executed.

The Mediocre:
    -Most other things

The gameplay (sandbox and a bit of resource management I guess?) is pretty uninteresting, getting around and handling menus is just bearable but definitely far from great, there's a very major focus on impregnation, plenty of characters with multiple (corruption or romance) paths for some.

The bad:
    -Writing

It's just bad.
    The dialogs are mind numbing, the characters are shallow, uninteresting and hardly believable. the story is... there, for some reason, and mostly feels like a tool to provide some gameplay and different endings.
    On corruption paths things go from 0 to 100 in a millisecond - characters turn from people to depraved cum-addicted begging bimbos in a heartbeat, the moment you pick the "corruption" option, it was so ridiculous I had a good laugh multiple times.
    The romance paths are so uninteresting and suffers from the 0 to 100 issue I mostly skipped them after seeing how things goes.
    Honestly, when it comes to the writing - S.H.E.L.T.E.R barely has any excuse having dialogue instead of being a gallery mod.

TL;DR -
    good renders, BAD writing, probably an OK choice if you're impregnation fan, otherwise its a barely serviceable sandbox game that you may wanna skip in favor of a gallery mod or rush through if you're looking to kill a couple of hours.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

heltcrazy

Love this game! Beautiful artwork, nice story and som futa content to make it more interesting! <3 The animation is almost nonexisting. But it works anyway! This is in my top 5 list of best games on this site! :D
  6. 1.00 star(s)

taler

One of the worst games I've ever tried on this site tbh. It's got that unholy combination of nonsense grind and bottom-tier writing. Gotta be worse than even the lowest rated fanfiction.net garbage I've ever read.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

massquerade

fantastic artwork, great content, and there has not been another game that has had such gorgeous pregnant scenes. All of my itches scratched here.

The main path of the game is decently long, and there are some small side paths that have some cool content. By halfway through when you have control over the way the town works, things really start to get good. The mechanic and bartender are great girls in the content department, and the newest stuff with the "girl in the cave" is my cup of tea for sure.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

skrimknight

The start to the game is great, as well as the art, but the character development is so lackluster I almost took 3 stars off for it.

The characters are incredibly shallow and hand their bodies to the MC after speaking twice. Romance vs "corruption" is a single choice you get the moment you start on a character's path which just affects the dialogue. (if you must play this game, go with romance, it's a little less cringy.) Now im not the biggest fan of instant gratification, but good lord this game takes it to the extreme.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

VloneDreams

Definitely in my top three games. The art style is just so amazing to me and I honestly don’t see any game topping this art style. It doesn’t need any animations but if animations are added in the future, I think this could definitely be the #1 game, maybe over summertime saga. There’s not a lot of games where I’m willing to actually invest myself to the story and characters. But I can play through this story over and over again cause it’s actually good.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Requiem131

To be honest, I found Shelter to be a good idea but poorly developed. The story's starting point is interesting, with many parallels to Fallout which is always nice, but the problem is that it's a genre with many games, movies, and films told, so everything that happens is way too easy to predict. Characters are rather shallow and uninteresting and relations are based on a simple choice at the beginning of each path (romance or corruption). But corruption, at least in the first case I saw which is Angela, actually leads literally to raping her with some aphrodisiacs, which is a big jump from corruption to rapist and one I don't like. Gameplay elements (ressources, work, etc.) are a good idea, but really lack depth to make it gameplay interesting.

Art is pretty decent, to be honest, even though it does lack in animations a bit. But art style is good and well presented, both in characters and backgrounds. Music is meh. And I didn't find any bug at least while I played.

So, to sum it all up, it could have been great, but it isn't.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Airell

I've played this game for awhile, I think in its current state, it's decent, but it lacks a few things that make the story better and give depth that is essential to a game. Step by step, my vote...

Art elements: 5/5 - The game art is great, that's not much to comment. Although I think currently things are too focused on the artistic elements at the expense of the story.

History: 3/5 - The game's history is relatively good, although I think this could be more in-depth and better explained. It's a post-apocalyptic world, how exactly did it end up like this? This could be deepened.
    The dev introduces you to a world that can be full of stuff, but it just keeps everything shallow.
    No metion I didn't play the incest version, it wouldn't make any sense to repopulate the world with disabled children because of genetic inbreeding, it would destroy the meaning of the story.

Character building: 2/5 - This one is the weakest part of the game, the character have event building is minimally decent, kinda mediocre. The male characters have no construction, and the female characters have pretty poor construction and events, bordering on the superficial.
    All girls have the same interactions/events model... The biggest problem is that their events are extremely short, you can't really get to know the character as there is no dense writing.
    In short: The evolution of the player's interactions with the girls is too rushed, poorly constructed and lacking in depth. Plus you know from beginning to end the pattern of interaction with all the girls.

Sexual events: 3/5 - Same problem as mentioned above, great art, but if it doesn't have a good writing basis, in my opinion it's kind of frustrating. Sexual events are extremely rushed, poorly described. Not even the girls' feelings is clear, which makes them look almost like sex dolls.

Pregnancy system: 3/5 - This one I was dubious about 3 or 4, but after reading everything that was going on, I realized that it's not a pregnancy system, but just a predefined single pregnancy for each girl, which is disappointing in my opinion, but a good thing is that pregnancy is a story element, which is a great thing.
    However... Pregnancy suffers from the same problem mentioned above, poor writing, like the rest of the game. In this case, the pregnancy has little relevance due to the general lack of depth, so I decided to give 3.
    The art for many of the pregnant girls is incorrect, they remain until the end of their pregnancy with a belly of 3-4 months, where it should be quite bulging.

Final conclusion for the game: 3/5 - The game has good quality, but it suffers from very poor writing. Art alone doesn't make a game, I think it can get a lot better if the dev decides to focus more on dense writing and proper character and events building.
    There's literally almost no event/story construction, in 10 minutes you're knocking up the girls.

If you want a good art casual game, this one is for you. If you want to read a deep story and well-developed characters, it's best to let this one go.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Derek Wildstsar

I love the art and the character design.
    The sex, especially with the mom, was so "by the way" that it was rather disappointing: there is no "chase" or romance or high-tension between the characters.
    The game-play itself is nice, and the premise is interesting.
    The characters are beautifully drawn, as well.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

KullisUrus

Simple to play, with content increasing every month, good art, what more do you want?.

2 paths with every character and it's not so long to beat if you're just to fap ;) .

Personally i didn't have an encounter with any bugs, so pretty much enjoy :D.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Crazy_Chicken87

Well-drawn with good animations and good play routes! The developer's previous games are the same opinion. The game updating progress is slow got to wait for a month for new content but go play their other game Fate of Irnia!
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Myth1014

Let me preface this by saying that this game has amazing art, hands down one of the hottest character models and scenes, even the premise and the plot isnt bad, its not amazing but it works.
    So why the low rating? Because there are no characters! It irks me to no end that every single character in this game just falls flat, its like you have one person putting on different masks and acting as different people but being pretty shit at the acting part. It pains me to see so much wasted potential, there's also the issue that there really is no buildup though it wouldnt be so much of a issue if the relationships that you fall into without buildup had any meaning behind them at all. It just feels like a overcomplicated gallery viewer the way it is right now.
    I wish the game couldve been better cause god knows it deserves to be with the quality of art that you see here, but it just isnt and i everytime i fire it up i lose interest within 5 minutes tops cause every character is just so bland without any personality whatsoever.
    There's potential here but i dont see it being used at all.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

SirLoneWolf

simple control's easy to navigate menus, beautiful artwork with gallery mode
    This game is updated often with hotfixes and story progression, I only wished it was animated that would make this a perfect game
    Still 1 of my top 5 games from this site
  17. 4.00 star(s)

downloaderbo

Recently played this one.
    I will give this game solid 4 stars.

Pros:
    - Very good design.
    - Many girls available (very good thing for an in progress game).
    - Art is very nice an worked too.
    - There are nice fetishes here. XD
    - 2 different routes for majority of the girls.
    - The NTR content is not bad as common NTR games content. Netori is way better than Netorate. You play the bull not the cuck. Nice touch.

Cons:
    There are few cons for this game.
    - Sex scenes needs a rework at facial expressions in order to follow the erotic script.
    - The game needs a more proper goal for the cuck, may be, send him to the brothel to play dumb, his your enginer after all. XD
    - The girls falls for the MC way too fast. We need a longer way in order for the romance or corruption route to feel more real.

Very good game in progress. I'll be checking this thread for future developments.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1002688

Honestly, I don't want to write a long review but all you need to know is the ART is one of the best I've seen in these games, that alone was enough for the 5 stars, the story is simple yet still engaging, they're 2 main routes and each has different scenes so try it I guarantee you'll like it
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Captionninja

Updates can't come fast enough! If you haven't played this game its a must, you're in for a real treat. Artwork is outstanding and more plus points for both routes having completely different scenes depending on the choices.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

peter12378

I need games to be at least somehow believable. But here, after few minutes of gameplay, I get "son, our female family members are to dumb to see what is necessary, so either charm or drug them to fuck them, because I cannot do it". Absolutely NO building up, just straight to action.
    Sorry, but that is too fast for me. There are some games (VNs) where this fast action is apropriate. But in a game like this, where there is actual gameplay, I expect the sexual stuff to evolve around the gameplay, with some believable story.