LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
The Sabu made some great images in 2020, including a bunch of great Sex Arcade images. Too bad this hasn't been updated since 2019 :(
Sabu is seriously overcharging for his work (charging as much as $120 for 48 illustrations for his works from 2015), and his art has significantly declined in quality over the past several years from being top-tier artwork to barely average. Plus the previews he releases are so fucking small because he's trying to force you to buy his High-Res versions and alternate variations.

I cannot in good conscience support this artist anymore.

Reactions: Jeikobe

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
Sabu is seriously overcharging for his work (charging as much as $120 for 48 illustrations for his works from 2015), and his art has significantly declined in quality over the past several years from being top-tier artwork to barely average. Plus the previews he releases are so fucking small because he's trying to force you to buy his High-Res versions and alternate variations.

I cannot in good conscience support this artist anymore.
I get that, no probs. I find the prices waaay to much too, I don't even have 120 dollar spare to spend, so I absolutely get it's too much.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I mean how do you go from this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
to this:
or this:

The downgrade in the effort is ridiculous.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe they're just experimenting with a different style that looks more like something from a comic.
They might be bored always doing things the same way and are using that as a study, so to speak.
According to Sabu, this is the new art style now. He went from a somewhat realistic art style to a 2D basic art style.

Oct 6, 2020
Stylisation is far to be "basic". I actually find his "new" art style better.
Some people like those hype-realistic stuff which are essentially a copy of a photography (cf all of those "hey I made the portrait of x actor with my graphite pencil" on the internet), and other people like the fact that the paintings can do more than a photography in some aspects (ex: emotions/colors/vibrancy/stylisation of the proportions... And a lot of other stuff that cameras can't capture).
I'm pretty sure Sabu understood that and he, in fact, leveled up.

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
I personally just really like the setting of the sex arcades in his works that's why I took an interest. Both styles are fine in my eyes, I just don't have the money to pay for his works. It costs a lot and I don't make a lot of money.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I personally just really like the setting of the sex arcades in his works that's why I took an interest. Both styles are fine in my eyes, I just don't have the money to pay for his works. It costs a lot and I don't make a lot of money.
His new art style is just not that good in my opinion. I will admit, however, the Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen one he recently released wasn't too bad. But it just doesn't do his original artwork justice. He put a lot of love into his work just to switch to a basic art style.

Reactions: ThreeLeggedMan

yzzmn

Feb 13, 2021
His new art style is just not that good in my opinion. I will admit, however, the Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen one he recently released wasn't too bad. But it just doesn't do his original artwork justice. He put a lot of love into his work just to switch to a basic art style.
Can't please everyone. I really like his new style, it's so clean. And as far as I know, it's completely unique, so why denigrate it by calling it basic?

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Can't please everyone. I really like his new style, it's so clean. And as far as I know, it's completely unique, so why denigrate it by calling it basic?
I've been a fan of Sabu since his early days, and I still kind of am. But I just don't like his new artwork as much, and I hate how overpriced his artwork is (especially his best work).

And to reiterate what I've said multiple times, his artwork IS basic compared to his old artwork. That's my two cents at least, you don't have to share my opinion.

Reactions: ThreeLeggedMan

Atourq

Nov 21, 2017
I've been a fan of Sabu since his early days, and I still kind of am. But I just don't like his new artwork as much, and I hate how overpriced his artwork is (especially his best work).

And to reiterate what I've said multiple times, his artwork IS basic compared to his old artwork. That's my two cents at least, you don't have to share my opinion.
I still wouldn't call it basic. I do agree that his older style appears to have more depth and complexity and his new one appears simpler, but it isn't "basic". It's just a change in art style that you happen not to like, but both are quite detailed. It's also possible that Sabu just doesn't have the energy to continue using that older style or more commonly, he just wanted to change his style as he grew as an artist. Not to mention, the older style is becoming more common with many different artists these days.

Reactions: LordMerek