LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I still wouldn't call it basic. I do agree that his older style appears to have more depth and complexity and his new one appears simpler, but it isn't "basic". It's just a change in art style that you happen not to like, but both are quite detailed. It's also possible that Sabu just doesn't have the energy to continue using that older style or more commonly, he just wanted to change his style as he grew as an artist. Not to mention, the older style is becoming more common with many different artists these days.
The "older" style is becoming more common because people like it, as do I. I get wanting to have your own art style, but why mess with the thing that made you popular in the first place? Now, his art is ridiculously expensive and a lot of his art isn't even available on most websites.

Atourq

Nov 21, 2017
The "older" style is becoming more common because people like it, as do I. I get wanting to have your own art style, but why mess with the thing that made you popular in the first place? Now, his art is ridiculously expensive and a lot of his art isn't even available on most websites.
It's a common thing for artists to change their style as they age/grow/improve, so it's no surprise for me. He could've really just gotten tired of it. As for the price tho, I agree with you that it's rather expensive, especially with how common his older style is these days. But I also don't know how much work/effort is put into that kind of art style to really comment on it.

Reactions: LordMerek

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
It's a common thing for artists to change their style as they age/grow/improve, so it's no surprise for me. He could've really just gotten tired of it. As for the price tho, I agree with you that it's rather expensive, especially with how common his older style is these days. But I also don't know how much work/effort is put into that kind of art style to really comment on it.
One could argue that maybe he wants to put more out there and his old art style didn't allow him to do that because of how much time he probably had to spend making his art. The prices, however, nothing justifies that.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Sabu's Sites:
- - - - - - - - - - -

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
Sabu Collection Updated! (2021-09-16)
- Added Priestess (Goblin Slayer) - Special Pack (Gumroad)
- Added Ambush (Goblin Slayer) - Extra Pack (Gumroad)
- Updated Sabu's social media links.

Thanks to RD8K for the share.

Enjoy! :)